Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: KATHTHI aka Kathiresan - Ilayathalapathy VIJAY | ARM | SAMANTHA | ANIRUDH - PART 2

Junior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Celebrations for Selfie Pulla song!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly never imagined Kaththi would even match Thuppakki. Even an above average Vijay film would have been torn to pieces and made a mockery of due to comparisons with Thuppakki. I really thought the comparisons with Thuppakki would hurt Kaththi. But results have proved otherwise.

4. Likes gane14, CEDYBLUE liked this post
    Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Buff View Post
    Honestly never imagined Kaththi would even match Thuppakki. Even an above average Vijay film would have been torn to pieces and made a mockery of due to comparisons with Thuppakki. I really thought the comparisons with Thuppakki would hurt Kaththi. But results have proved otherwise.
    Cannot agree more MB. Even now there is a clear divide between folks who loved Thuppaki more and vice versa. I personally rate Kaththi higher just cos of the sheer brilliance of Vijay that he brought on screen in both characters. For it to surpass the box office of Thuppaki was an icing on the cake. Look forward to more such projects from Vijay.

6. Likes gane14, CEDYBLUE liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked the first 40 minutes too during my recent outing.

His versatility is his forte.

And kudos to ARM, the champion film maker to try something contrasting to Thuppakki, knowing fully that comparisons are inevitable and coming up trumps.
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEDYBLUE View Post

And kudos to ARM, the champion film maker to try something contrasting to Thuppakki, knowing fully that comparisons are inevitable and coming up trumps.
    Honestly speaking, I never found the first 40mts boring even during first watch, contrary to some feedback we have heard and seen. That was required to level set how casual and happy go lucky kinda character Kathiresan was. Straightaway jumping into the theme would've made it look like a rush rush and would've made it look like a total documentary. ARM mixed the commercial elements perfectly to keep it balanced.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammy R View Post
    Honestly speaking, I never found the first 40mts boring even during first watch, contrary to some feedback we have heard and seen. That was required to level set how casual and happy go lucky kinda character Kathiresan was. Straightaway jumping into the theme would've made it look like a rush rush and would've made it look like a total documentary. ARM mixed the commercial elements perfectly to keep it balanced.
    I had Thuppakki in mind right from the first frame.

Was the intro bigger than Thuppakki, Was, Was , Was, until probably the fight sequence with the ladies' From there on I relaxed and enjoyed the movie
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    before, we ignore him. now,we ignore him, pls nambunga. nambalaina nambura maathiri explanation thaarom. pls nambunga. nambitom paa

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEDYBLUE View Post

His underplaying is what worked. Those subtle dialogues he delivers. For example, after the elders tear the check when the collector asks him to follow the way he says "Ada ponaya". and when he thinks Samantha's boyfriend is ghost.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

Post Thanks / Like
    The first 40 minutes of the film was to provide entertainment to his categorical fans which includes kids & girls..That casual acting of Kathiresan was enjoyable & my only concern was placement of songs in which ARM fails big, good that paalam song was deleted..The film would have been more documentary if it would have started off seriously & coming to the message quickly..

Post Thanks / Like
    KATHTHI - America la asathal in Zee TV!!

Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast