Page 30 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Endrendrum Thalaivar Superstar Rajinikanth - News & Updates

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by easygoer View Post
    Director Ranjith at Behindwoods Awards function on his next film with Superstar : "I am trying to bring out the Kaali of Mullum Malarum in my film with ‪#‎Rajinikanth‬ who said he liked Madras very much and said the charcters were real. He also wanted the same thing in my film too.
    'Kaali' was a landmark role in Rajini's career and has never done a role as such ever. That 'Rajini' is sadly missed since then. Mullum-Malarum saga was interesting as to how it happened and the way it ended. It started with poor reception and by sheer wom, it capitulated to success. Rajini and the movie won awards as well ....

From the wiki ..

"Mullum Malarum's release encountered problems, but Haasan intervened[31] and it was released on 15 August 1978—India's Independence Day.[1][32] The film's commercial performance in the first two weeks of its release was poor. Chettiar relinquished hope of the film's success and refused to give anymore publicity for the film, saying "A good product needs no publicity, whereas a bad product cannot be pushed in the market however much you publicise it" and thought he was "doomed". In the third week of release,[33] crowds visited theatres in large numbers after the film received positive reviews in magazines and word of mouth appreciation spread, making it a huge commercial success and the film ran for 100 days in theatres

After watching the film, M. G. Ramachandran—the then Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu—told Mahendran:

I have no words to express my happiness. With this film, you have set a new trend in Tamil Cinema. You have achieved a milestone, which even if l had desired, l could not have achieved. You have demonstrated clearly that Cinema is a visual medium and have succeeded in that also. The films which came till now on brother-sister relationships were full of dramatics, including mine. However, this film stands apart and stands tall in realism. The last scene is new not only to Tamil Cinema but also to Indian Cinema. l felt like getting up and clapping. Rajni has acted wonderfully and realistically and this film will mark a big turnaround in his film career.

Chettiar also apologised to Mahendran and offered him a blank cheque, which Mahendran politely rejected, instead thanking Chettiar for "letting him make a movie with Rajinikanth".[34] Rajinikanth's mentor director K. Balachander, after watching the film, wrote a letter of appreciation to Rajinikanth saying "I'm proud to have introduced you as an actor."[36] The letter has been described by Sify as Rajinikanth's "most prized moment and possession".[37] Owing to its success, Mullum Malarum was later remade in Malayalam by Sreekumaran Thampi as Venalil Oru Mazha (1979) and in Hindi by Bapu as Pyari Behna (1985).[19] A Telugu-dubbed version, titled Mullu Puvvu, was released on 26 October 1979.[38] The film was remade in Telugu as Seethamma Pelli (1984)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mullum...rum_Poster.jpg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Regular Hubber vidyasakaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    Mullum Malarum was later remade in Malayalam by Sreekumaran Thampi as Venalil Oru Mazha (1979) and in Hindi by Bapu as Pyari Behna (1985).[19] A Telugu-dubbed version, titled Mullu Puvvu, was released on 26 October 1979.[38] The film was remade in Telugu as Seethamma Pelli (1984)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mullum...rum_Poster.jpg
    In no other language, the movie got such a poetic title as Tamil. Mullum Malarum leading to two interpretations 'thorn and flower' and 'thorn will blossom too'.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"Mullum Malarum's release encountered problems, but Haasan intervened[31] and it was released on 15 August 1978
    They both have mutual respect for each others, and best of friends, Sadly their Fan(atics) dont' behave this way..

After watching the film, M. G. Ramachandran—the then Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu—told Mahendran:

Rajni has acted wonderfully and realistically and this film will mark a big turnaround in his film career.
    MGR said this, I thought MGR had lots of "issues" with RK, not just actress latha issue ....
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Regular Hubber Poornima's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kannan ‏@TFU_Kannan 15h15 hours ago
    #Kaali title in consideration for #Rajinikanth - @beemji film. Hope the team make it official as it has terrific title value!

*mixed feelings*
    “You know how you're always trying to get things to come out perfect in art because it's real difficult in life.”

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poornima View Post
    Kannan ‏@TFU_Kannan 15h15 hours ago
    #Kaali title in consideration for #Rajinikanth - @beemji film. Hope the team make it official as it has terrific title value!

*mixed feelings*
    Kaali would be an "awesome" title for the film ...
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Actor who tortured Vishal to be Rajini's Villain

One more interesting bit of news floating around Kollywood is that popular Telugu Actor J.D. Chakravarthy is likely to play the main villain in the Rajini-Ranjith project, which may be titled ‘Kali’. Chakravarthy played a psycho villain in the Vishal starrer 'Samar' in which he tortures the hero till the climax of the film without revealing who he is.

It is believed that the film has Attakathi Dinesh, Kalaiarasan and Prakash Raj are in the cast and that the team has approached Radhika Apte to play the female lead. The film is all set to begin filming in the first week of August in Malaysia.

That image is the look of MM's Kaali

Post Thanks / Like
    Actor who tortured Vishal to be Rajini's Villain

One more interesting bit of news floating around Kollywood is that popular Telugu Actor J.D. Chakravarthy is likely to play the main villain in the Rajini-Ranjith project, which may be titled ‘Kali’. Chakravarthy played a psycho villain in the Vishal starrer 'Samar' in which he tortures the hero till the climax of the film without revealing who he is.

It is believed that the film has Attakathi Dinesh, Kalaiarasan and Prakash Raj are in the cast and that the team has approached Radhika Apte to play the female lead. The film is all set to begin filming in the first week of August in Malaysia.

That image is the look of MM's Kaali

Hmm Don't think he is a good choice... he does not have the "menacing" aspect.. in fact for RK , IMHO the only villain who can do justice to his role would be RK himself and yester year Raghuvaran !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Hmm Don't think he is a good choice... he does not have the "menacing" aspect.. in fact for RK , IMHO the only villain who can do justice to his role would be RK himself and yester year Raghuvaran !
    I think we'd have to be more open here, trust Ranjith's judgments and hope for the best. In that sense choices are limited. Even Vikram's choice if that works out is something I dont prefer for E-2 .. Prakash Raj is already playing a role from what I saw and he could have been a good choice .. if he's playing a villain role.
    Last edited by bill4u; 23rd July 2015 at 08:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    i think we'd have to be more open here, trust ranjith's judgments and hope for the best. In that sense choices are limited. Even vikram's choice if that works out is something i dont prefer for e-2 .. Prakash raj is already playing a role from what i saw and he could have been a good choice .. If he's playing a villain role.
    ok

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching Gayathri movie after a long time.... Thalivar is looking stunning in suite.... this movie is a precursor to Sigappu Rojakkal...
    Last edited by Avadi to America; 24th July 2015 at 07:46 AM.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Page 30 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast