Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    WOW amazing discovery !
    ohh, I just acknowledged your discovery.. credit where its due

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    thanks mappi - i think i mentioned it somewhere else previously, but i will mention it again... in my opinion enthiran had the perfect script for rajni and kamal to act together. there was no reason for vaseegaran to make chitti to look like him. i would have enjoyed more if kamal played vaseegaran and rajni played chitti and chitti2.0.
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mexicomeat,

You intend to make Endhiran 2 as a companion piece, ie., keeping just the idea of Red & Blue chip, but constructing an entire new universe different from its predecessor, and also, even modifing the idea of the original work - meaning making the sequel entirely outside of the social concept adapted in the first part, by creating a fantasy world in its sequel, where men are bots and heroes are super-heroes. Plus, you have visioned it to be a sci-fi extravanganza where the closing of the film would be a spectacle of bots fighting each other. I really find this idea interesting which makes your version of Endhiran 2 close to a stand alone sequel. Bravo.

The challenge in making a sequel lies on the elaboration with respect to the initial part, morevoer, picking up where the first ended by just pulling a small thread plot and exploring it. Last week I came across a 'direct to DVD' movie sitting on the stands - 'The Exorcism of Molly Hartley' which is a sequel to 'The Haunting of Molly Hartley', releasing 7 years later. I was like - what the ... ! Does this movie really need a sequel after all these years or does it even have a potential to become a sucessor ? Curious I got the DVD to be surprised how the plot line was pulled from its predecessor - Something happens to Molly when she is 18. 6 years later (bringing in the 666 enigma), Molly at 24 experiences the result of what initialised when she was 18. The point is to analyse the plot line and extracting an untold thread (hidden or open) within. The mere idea of Endhiran 2 excites me.

On a side note - Cinema is showing '6 as 60' and '60 as 6'. Its not the making, but the final output which is important. If its pulled of convincingly, I don't find anything wrong in anyone romancing anyone else. Please avoid getting into 'an actor should act his age' spread by few who cannot differentiate realism to reality. An actor should perform the role he is summoned to play. Acting is nothing but exagaration. Cinema is a projection of ideas. We have our own cinema culture which I support (includes its runtime, songs, lyrics & dance). Wanting it to be a 'look-a-like' of other competitive industrial standards is absurd.

Rajini is the great form of our cinema culture. And in him I trust.
    A man with 40 years of experience in the industry can judge the audience better than anyone else. I fully trust him when he chooses the script... kabali is good example.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    16 things now!
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    16 things now!
    Indeed !
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Mexicomeat,

You intend to make Endhiran 2 as a companion piece, ie., keeping just the idea of Red & Blue chip, but constructing an entire new universe different from its predecessor, and also, even modifing the idea of the original work - meaning making the sequel entirely outside of the social concept adapted in the first part, by creating a fantasy world in its sequel, where men are bots and heroes are super-heroes. Plus, you have visioned it to be a sci-fi extravanganza where the closing of the film would be a spectacle of bots fighting each other. I really find this idea interesting which makes your version of Endhiran 2 close to a stand alone sequel. Bravo.

The challenge in making a sequel lies on the elaboration with respect to the initial part, morevoer, picking up where the first ended by just pulling a small thread plot and exploring it. Last week I came across a 'direct to DVD' movie sitting on the stands - 'The Exorcism of Molly Hartley' which is a sequel to 'The Haunting of Molly Hartley', releasing 7 years later. I was like - what the ... ! Does this movie really need a sequel after all these years or does it even have a potential to become a sucessor ? Curious I got the DVD to be surprised how the plot line was pulled from its predecessor - Something happens to Molly when she is 18. 6 years later (bringing in the 666 enigma), Molly at 24 experiences the result of what initialised when she was 18. The point is to analyse the plot line and extracting an untold thread (hidden or open) within. The mere idea of Endhiran 2 excites me.

On a side note - Cinema is showing '6 as 60' and '60 as 6'. Its not the making, but the final output which is important. If its pulled of convincingly, I don't find anything wrong in anyone romancing anyone else. Please avoid getting into 'an actor should act his age' spread by few who cannot differentiate realism to reality. An actor should perform the role he is summoned to play. Acting is nothing but exagaration. Cinema is a projection of ideas. We have our own cinema culture which I support (includes its runtime, songs, lyrics & dance). Wanting it to be a 'look-a-like' of other competitive industrial standards is absurd.

Rajini is the great form of our cinema culture. And in him I trust.
    Great job mappi!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avadi to America View Post
    A man with 40 years of experience in the industry can judge the audience better than anyone else. I fully trust him when he chooses the script... kabali is good example.
    Yes, rajini has really done a good job wrt kabaali! Just that his 40 years experience not only help him but also did severe damage to him wrt Baba, Kuselan, Sultan the warrior, Hara, Rana, Kochadaiyaan, Linga.

A Don subject is always a superb subject for bigger heros for kamal and rajini. They cannot use that golden egg just like that like small heros. They have to use it rarely. Otherwise it will loose its steam, like for ex, an another hero who is non stop acting as don/police in almost all of his past 5 or 7 films. Last time they both played it was during Naayagan and Baadshah respectively. Both were blockbusters and became a diamond in their crowns. Now, after very long time, Rajini sir has choosen the right plot. Don! Had he choosen a வாத்தியார்/பேராசிரியர் role or an engineer role like linga, and/or had he choosen an old timer like KSR or some other young director like Karthik subburaj or someone else, this same hype wud not have been produced. But now the Don character has not only helped Rajini but also created too big expectation for Kabaali. Everyone is sure this movie will make records!
    Last edited by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar; 15th October 2015 at 10:17 PM.
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Senior Hubber rajeshkrv's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    Yes, rajini has really done a good job wrt kabaali! Just that his 40 years experience not only help him but also did severe damage to him wrt Baba, Kuselan, Sultan the warrior, Hara, Rana, Kochadaiyaan, Linga.

A Don subject is always a superb subject for bigger heros for kamal and rajini. They cannot use that golden egg just like that like small heros. They have to use it rarely. Otherwise it will loose its steam, like for ex, an another hero who is non stop acting as don/police in almost all of his past 5 or 7 films. Last time they both played it was during Naayagan and Baadshah respectively. Both were blockbusters and became a diamond in their crowns. Now, after very long time, Rajini sir has choosen the right plot. Don! Had he choosen a வாத்தியார்/பேராசிரியர் role or an engineer role like linga, and/or had he choosen an old timer like KSR or some other young director like Karthik subburaj or someone else, this same hype wud not have been produced. But now the Don character has not only helped Rajini but also created too big expectation for Kabaali. Everyone is sure this movie will make records!
    Everyone fails to understand the audience time & again. Not just Rajini. Kamal's so called great films have bombed at the Box office. They pick the script and trust themselves some times and trust the director sometimes.. both work at times ... that's the truth

11. Likes thamiz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ***Tamil filmmaker Shankar has signed the 'Terminator' star for his sci-fi sequel.

Shankar's Rajinikanth starrer Enthiran (Robot in Hindi, Robo in Telugu), was touted as India's most expensive film, until SS Rajamouli's two-part fantasy drama, Baahubali, broke the record.

The director is now set to raise the stakes with Enthiran 2 with Rajini reprising his role in the sci-fi drama. What's more, Terminator star Arnold Schwarzenegger makes his Indian film debut with the sequel. He will be flying down for the film's first schedule in January to play a rogue robot.

"Arnold and I discuss a lot of Indian movies. He attended the audio launch of my Vikram starrer, I, and told me that he wanted to work in Tamil films. He was impressed with the storyline of Enthiran 2 and agreed to be a part of the film," Shankar confirmed.

The Hollywood actor will be in India for 25 days; his final dates are reportedly being locked around Rajini's schedule. The South actor is currently filming Pa Ranjith's Kabali, in which he plays an ageing don, in Chennai.

The makers had been chasing actors like Aamir Khan and Deepika Padukone for other central roles in the film, since two months. I's leading lady Amy Jackson is one of the three heroines.

Enthiran, which bagged two National Awards, one for Best Special Effects and the other for Best Production Design, was the story of a scientist and his robot Chitti who turns against him. Shankar reveals that the sequel is very different, "Enthiran 2 is a superhero film, a sci-fi adventure, a triangular love story with bits inspired from the Ramayana." ***

Nice story but I dont believe it!

Page 58 of 90 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast