Thread: Thala Ajith's 56th Film-Vedhalam-Veeram Siva-AMRathnam - Anirudh - Winning combo

Threaded View

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bit of a very late entry into the party here. Had very low expectations for the film and was completely pleasantly surprised. Liked the movie and enjoyed the movie more than the recent Yennai Arindhaal but it is not a better film than YA. No rocket science there.

What worked (Lot of things) vs what didn't work very few.

The 1st half was a breeze. Comedy clicked (The whole white skin + baby face + innocent smile though very racist but was quite funny) better than Veeram for me/. Hell,i didnt think even sruthi could pull off some comedy.
    Too many maaaassssss scenes and they all did tastefully. This will be a rip roaring hit among his masses.
    The transformation scene,i expected it as i have seen similar stuff in Vaali and Villain. Keeps getting better. Must say he looked like a big bull in that fight.
    Not many songs, duets especially. Siva has learnt from his mistakes in Veeram.
    Aaluma doluma song. Too good. When i first heard anirudhs voice in it i mistook it as a call for prayer from your nearby darga... But in the movie looked very good.
    Even sentiment scenes weren't overdone.
    Avoiding louu - romance scenes between AJ/Sruthi and keeping it discreet.

What didnt work:
    Dummy villains
    Ajith bashing everyone in the pre interval fite. And in general being on top of everyone. This is where YA did it better.
    Anirudh BGM except in 1 or 2 scenes in the 1st half could have been much better.

This is the first time i saw an ajith film with a lot of female audience and they all seemed to enjoy the film. Good family audience as well and they all laughed at the right places. Will watch it again or 2 more times.

2. Likes Siv.S, kuttyshal liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement