Page 100 of 114 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1136

Thread: KAMALHAASAN in ||"Thoongavanam"|| Rajesh M Selva || Ghibran

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    As usual I differ with most kamal fans .

For me , Thoongavanam is too good , fully satisfied .
    First half went like a jet.
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

2. Likes venkkiram liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber rifath's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever it is all 3 movies was gems! Memorable and proud ones! Altho PP and TV are hits...UV had more layering in scenes! To me Thoongavanam like kamal ji decided to do a simple and neat film for the Telugu fans as he announced in Telugu first than decided to do a bilingual in Tamil! Adhaan it's considerably simpler than his previous scripts!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Papanasam trumped the other two movies easily in terms of entertainment quotient. That was one real nail biting, edge of the seat thriller. This is the movie that connected the vintage kamalhaasan with the average non-fan population who has known him for decades. The kind of reaction it got from the average cinegoers (not a young fan etc) is just phenomenal. It was like - 'kamala ipdi than pakanumnu aasapatom" reaction from all those middle aged working class and home makers.

Thoongaavanam - Very low budget, straight forward action movie. A good entertainer and made only to generate profit.
    Last edited by Saai; 14th November 2015 at 07:19 PM.

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragu Raj View Post
    My order is:
    Papanasam, Thoongavanam and Uthama Villain
    I have the same order ..

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    iMoviesUSA ‏@SIMoviesUSA 21m21 minutes ago

#Thoongavanam Fri BO $66.5K from 82 locs, belowAvg!! 5 days total $298K
    #Vedalam Fri BO $31K from 65 locs, belowAvg!! 5 days total $202K

Needs to pick up. Even UV had more than this I think ..

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked all 3 films.

I am not a big fan of too much layering. It's just myth building and dilutes the main core and can be distracting, especially to fans who have to now look for additional meaning in every place, even when it is not there. So a simple story is very welcome. But with Thoongavanam, the second half could have been dramatized a bit more to avoid the slightly dragging effect. It is not dragging but being within the same club means the viewer starts to think like that. May be, 1 or 2 more additional fight sequences, presenting things in a more stylized fashion would have elevated it...Perhaps, towards the end, Prakash Raj (or Trisha as a cop) could have cleared out the entire club (closed it early and asked everyone to leave) and played the cat and mouse in the empty club. At times, it feels like KH is trying too hard not to make it into a regular, run of the mill masala. A more experienced masala director with whom he has not worked before (say, like Vishnuvardhan might have worked better). Not taking anything away from Rajesh and his first film.

Monday morning quarterbacking!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Saai View Post
    Papanasam trumped the other two movies easily in terms of entertainment quotient. That was one real nail biting, edge of the seat thriller. This is the movie that connected the vintage kamalhaasan with the average non-fan population who has known him for decades. The kind of reaction it got from the average cinegoers (not a young fan etc) is just phenomenal. It was like - 'kamala ipdi than pakanumnu aasapatom" reaction from all those middle aged working class and home makers.

Thoongaavanam - Very low budget, straight forward action movie. A good entertainer and made only to generate profit.

Papanasam படத்தோட இயக்குனர் வேற ஒரு நடிகர் கிட்ட இந்த கதைய சொன்னவுடனே, 'Boots காலால heroவ மிதிக்கற மாதிரி scenes இருக்கு - அதனால நம்ம rangeக்கு அந்த மாதிரி தரக்குறைவான காட்சி உள்ள படத்துல நடிச்சு நம்ம அந்தஸ்து குறைச்சுக்க வேணாம்னு பாக்கறேன்' அந்த மாதிரி சொல்ல, இயக்குனரோ விடாபிடியா scriptல ஒரு மாற்றமும் செய்ய மாட்டேன்னு சொல்லி தான், கமல் ஹாசன் கிட்ட போயி script சொன்னவுடனே, அவருக்கு, ரொம்ப பிடிச்சிருந்து - படமும் எடுத்து, 'டமால் டிமீல்' punch dialog/slow motion hero turning his head/அல்பத்கனமா 'டேய்' நு கத்திகிட்டு வர்ற scenes எதுவும் இல்லாம வெறும் performanceகாகவே வசூலில் பொளந்து கட்டிருசில்ல...

'16 வயதினிலே' வாகட்டும் - பாரதிராஜா சொன்ன கதைக்கு ஒரு மறுப்பு தெரிவிக்காம நடிச்சாரு, 'பாபநாசம்' ஆகட்டும் - அதே spirit, அதே passion - அதே Box office and critical reception!

கமல், கமல் தான்!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

10. Likes Russellbba liked this post
    Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who is that actor. Never heard of this

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    As usual I differ with most kamal fans .

For me , Thoongavanam is too good , fully satisfied .
    First half went like a jet.
    Guys I am watching the Movie today. As usual did not get into too much into reviews from any quarters.
    Going with less expectations and an ardent kamalian. That's all.

will shower praises and noteworthy details later today.

Three movies this year in itself is great treat !!!!

Long live this great soul and actor par excellence.

Bala

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
    Who is that actor. Never heard of this

Are you pretending you did not hear about this??

“The first scene is when the lead characters get brutally beaten up by the police. And, the second scene is the climax sequence."

http://www.thehindu.com/entertainmen...cle7386390.ece
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost