Page 104 of 114 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1136

Thread: KAMALHAASAN in ||"Thoongavanam"|| Rajesh M Selva || Ghibran

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nickraman View Post
    On general note, am notice a dip in collections overall in USA alone (maybe India too or media's fixed news to report other film's collections.) I wonder if this has to do with UV effect. Surely that underperformed after second weekend due to the period portions. Papanasam underperformed because of remake saturation (and original mallu version had limited USA release + once Einthusan released original DVD with subs, that ate into collections) and USA independence day where theatre occupancy will be on lower end.

But for Thoongaavaanam, am wondering why collections haven't hit near a million mark yet. Divided collections between this and other release or is it because of the wide Salman Khan hindi film that ate up the screens? Very disturbing trend of late. Even in Sify, they reported 3C opening, which is shocking looking at the WOM. Though there are samples who are bashing it due to lack of entertainment and bashing the second half for some reason.
    I was also thinking Papanasam was due to UV effect. And of course every Tom/Dick/Harry had seen Drishyam. Even some Kamal fans in my area were not too keen to watch Papanasam. Not sure if Independence day would have much effect .. VR would have done well even if it were released that time.

Coming to TV, 1 mil within a week is too much to expect for a tamil movie. That would need atleast 3 weeks of good run. But it should have cleared atleast 1/2 mil to 600k now. Little surprised .. maybe Vedalam could have cut into it some. Salman Khan's movie should have no effect on TV. TV got about 80 screens and with a decent crowd, it should have done better.
    Last edited by bill4u; 16th November 2015 at 03:17 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    iMoviesUSA ‏@SIMoviesUSA 12h12 hours ago
    #Thoongavanam 6 days BO $389K, Good!!

Senior Member Regular Hubber rifath's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    About the entertainment part..I think entertainment is about how engaging a film is to the audience.. That way I think TV is engaging/entertaining..but yes the audience who are conditioned to 5 songs,5 fights would not be satisfied with this kinda entertainment..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched Thoongavanam...

I won't go over the top about

how classy it is,
    how perfectly etched the screenplay is,
    how perfectly synced are the performances and dialogs,
    how top-notch are the technical aspects of the film,

because - the above are the normal, default ingredients for any film worthy of being called a decent product!

That barring Kamal Hassan, there is not a single film-maker in India, who can give a product like this - is the very reason that ironically everyone goes gaga how great a film it is.. and is testimony to how he has left a vast gap between himself and other film-makers who cannot even make a film sans songs..

I could not find a single flawed performance - which is quite possible if actors are not handled well - some samples:

1. when Kamal first meets Prakash Raj, after a few min of dialog, there is a brief pause, when Kamal gives one killer look at Prakash Raj - very brief, but spine-chilling!

2. Prakash Raj - does the sleazy coward bad guy with aplomb - all the bad-mouthing in this very hub about how he is repetitive can be safely ignored - the look on his face towards the end inside the car with his eyes darting between Trisha and Kishore - is simply priceless..

3.Trisha - when Kamal twists her arm from behind to force her to confess, her wincing in pain looks so real - even her words are blurted out between gasps!

4. Kishore could have easily messed it - but very, very restrained - one scene is worth a million claps - when he is standing alongside Trisha and tells her Yugi Sethu (Mani) is gone - for a very brief fraction, he casts a glance at Trisha, just after lying to her - it is so subtle, and very, very classy.. he reminds me of the other Kamal find Atul Kulkarni..

5. the dialogs - fortunately - were mostly in Tamil - very little English - and simple - the film did not require a Kuruthi Punal kind of heavy lines - and the simple lines work extremely well..

6. Quite a few places - I personally noticed Gibran's special talent - the scene where Kamal meets Santhanabharathi the first time inside the bar - a solo violin plays a variation of the single song tune - in the final scene at the hospital, a country style guitar - earlier on, in the room where Kamals son is held captive, water leaks from the roof and a bucket is placed under it - the sound of the water drops is nicely carried over into an electronic jalatharangam sound! creative!

Beginning to end - a clean, straightforward film - hassle free - if Kamal had introduced a song in the narration, veedu poondhu adikka thonirukkum!

The film overall brims with professionalism writ all over it - quality + content + clean ride..

Of course, it is an official remake - most film makers in India would have chosen to 'Indianise' the story with totally unwanted sequences - but Kamal being Kamal has made just the appropriate changes while sticking to the original..

Adhu only Kamal possible..

Idha madhiri - mass, m*y*r*, mannangatti, ellaathukkum apparpatta padangal thaan namakku thevai ..
    Last edited by irir123; 16th November 2015 at 12:36 PM.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

6. Likes Russellbba, avavh3 liked this post
    Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    சென்னையில் அடை மழை பெய்தாலும் விடாது Full ஆகும் matnee and evening shows.
    சின்ன பசங்க தயவு இல்லாமல்!!!

https://www.spicinemas.in/chennai/no...thoongaavanam/

8. Likes Russellpei liked this post
    Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ppl thot after dasa,vr...star kamal is dominating... we knew in those roles also thalaivar went to different level in acting.. even thoongavanam like small thriller action movie no other indian actor can deliver to that perfection...the look to jagan 1st time he gets his son from him

Post Thanks / Like
    தூங்காவனம்

ஸ்லீப்லெஸ் நைட்டின் அஃபீஷியல் ரீமேக். கமல், திரிஷா, ப்ரகாஷ்ராஜ், கிஷோர், என பர்பெக்ட் காஸ்டிங். குவாலிட்டியான மேக்கிங். சிறந்த நடிப்பு என ஒரிஜினல் கொடுத்த அதே பதைபதைப்பு, விறுவிறுப்பு அதே லேக்னெஸ் என இருந்தது. ஒரிஜினலில் இல்லாத ப்ரகாஷ்ராஜ் அஸிஸ்டெண்ட் ப்ளாக் காமெடி, சாம்ஸின் அவுட் ஆப் த ரேஞ்ச் சிலேடைகள், சமயங்களில் காட்சி முடிந்தும் கூட யோசித்து சிரிக்க வைப்பவை அவை. தமிழில் நல்ல ஸ்லீக் த்ரில்லர். இரண்டாம் பாதியில் இவர்கள் எக்ஸ்டெண்ட் செய்த பத்து நிமிஷங்கள் தவிர எல்லாம் சுபமே.
    (Cable Sankar கொத்து பரோட்டா -16/11/15 http://www.cablesankaronline.com/201....html?spref=tw)

Post Thanks / Like
    ‘உங்களை விட எனக்குத் தெரியும்’: சுகாவின் வாயை அடைத்த கமல்!'

தூங்காவனம் படத்துக்கு வசனம் எழுதிய எழுத்தாளரும் இயக்குநருமான சுகா, கமலுடன் பணிபுரிந்த அனுபவம் பற்றி தன்னுடைய வலைத்தளத்தில் எழுதியுள்ளார்.

அதில் அவர் கூறியிருப்பதாவது:

‘போன வருடம் தீபாவளியன்று கேரளத்தின் தொடுபுழாவில் இருந்தேன். ‘பாபநாசம்’ படப்பிடிப்பின் பரபரப்பில் தீபாவளி மறந்து போனது. இந்த வருடம் தீபாவளிக்கு நான் வசனம் எழுதியிருக்கும் ‘தூங்காவனம்’ திரைப்படம் வெளியாகிறது. பதின்வயது தீபாவளி சந்தோஷங்களுக்குப் பிறகு தீபாவளி உட்பட எந்தப் பண்டிகையிலும் நாட்டமில்லை. அவை குறித்த விசேஷமான நினைவுகளுமில்லை. ஆனால் போன வருடத்து தீபாவளியையும், இந்த வருடத் தீபாவளியையும் மறக்க முடியாதுதான்.

தெளிவாக எழுதப்பட்ட திரைக்கதையை, படப்பிடிப்புக்கு முன்பாகவே எல்லா நடிக, நடிகையரையும் அமர வைத்து, அவர்கள் ஏற்று நடிக்க இருக்கிற கதாபாத்திரங்கள் எப்படியெல்லாம் பேச வேண்டும், நடக்க வேண்டும், நடிக்க வேண்டும் என்பதை விளக்கும் விதமாக திரைக்கதையை வாசித்துக் காண்பித்து, பின் படப்பிடிப்புக்குக் கிளம்பிய படம், ‘தூங்காவனம்’. அதனாலேயே எந்தவிதமான குழப்பமுமில்லாமல் படப்பிடிப்பு அத்தனை சந்தோஷமாக நடந்தது. கிட்டத்தட்ட ஏழாண்டுகளுக்கும் மேலாக கமல்ஹாசன் அவர்களிடம் திரைக்கலை பயின்ற இயக்குநர் ராஜேஷ் எம் செல்வா, இந்தியாவின் ஒப்பற்ற ஒளிப்பதிவாளர்களில் ஒருவரான சானு வர்கீஸ், முறையான இசைப் பயிற்சியும், அசாத்திய கற்பனை வளமும் கொண்ட இசையமைப்பாளர் ஜிப்ரான், மிகச் சிறந்த படத்தொகுப்பாளர் ஷான் முகம்மது என திறமைசாலிகளின் கூட்டணியில் உருவான திரைப்படம், ‘தூங்காவனம்’. ஒரு ஆக்*ஷன் திரில்லருக்கு மிகக் குறைவான வசனங்களே தேவைப்படும். அந்தக் குறைவான வசனங்களை எழுத என்னைத் தேர்ந்தெடுத்தார் ‘அண்ணாச்சி’ கமல்ஹாசன்.

‘இது நான் எழுதக் கூடியதா எனக்குத் தோணலியே!’

‘உங்களுக்கு எதுவும் எழுத வரும். அது உங்களை விட எனக்குத் தெரியும்’ என்று என் வாயை அடைத்தார்.

தனது மூத்த மாணவருடன், இளைய மாணவன் இணைந்து பணியாற்றிய திரைப்படத்தைப் பார்க்க ‘வாத்தியார்’ பாலு மகேந்திரா இல்லையே என்கிற வருத்தம் எனக்கு இல்லாமலில்லை’ என்று எழுதியுள்ளார்.

http://www.dinamani.com/cinema/2015/...cle3130970.ece

Post Thanks / Like
    as expected behindwoods coming with almost half the actual gross amount...next tamilboxoffice1 will follow..

Senior Member Senior Hubber nickraman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    I was also thinking Papanasam was due to UV effect. And of course every Tom/Dick/Harry had seen Drishyam. Even some Kamal fans in my area were not too keen to watch Papanasam. Not sure if Independence day would have much effect .. VR would have done well even if it were released that time.

Coming to TV, 1 mil within a week is too much to expect for a tamil movie. That would need atleast 3 weeks of good run. But it should have cleared atleast 1/2 mil to 600k now. Little surprised .. maybe Vedalam could have cut into it some. Salman Khan's movie should have no effect on TV. TV got about 80 screens and with a decent crowd, it should have done better.
    Even then, TV should have crossed half a million by now like UV did in opening weekend. All 3 Kamal films (including VR) were priced at $15 per ticket.
    "aaj ka mera hey, kalka thera hey, side-dish pagoda hey, ye hey life hey"