Senior Member Devoted Hubber dell_gt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

#UttamaVillain#

2. Likes avavh3 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber dell_gt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    so there will be Tamil,Malayalam and Telugu release.. with Deepavali season.. this movie really gona rock..
    #UttamaVillain#

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like Diwali release.

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.deccanchronicle.com/15102...rajesh-m-selva

Kamal sir wanted Thoongavanam to be my film: Rajesh M Selva

To debutante filmmaker Rajesh M Selva, directing Kamal Haasan in Thoongavanam was an absolute dream come true. A long-term associate of Kamal, Rajesh says he got to learn a lot from him. “I have assisted Kamal sir for eight years, but never thought that he would make me direct Thoongavanam. Not many debutants get this opportunity to direct Kamal Haasan in their first film, and I consider myself lucky. Sir and I had discussed many scripts. Initially, he was supposed to direct the film. Only later (after pre-production work) I came to know I was directing it. I took the responsibility very seriously and made use of the opportunity,” adds Rajesh.

Ask him if he was nervous directing Kamal, and Rajesh says, “I felt like I was going to write an exam, but it was easy to direct him. The screenplay is his, yet I had absolute freedom to execute my thoughts. Often people ask me what’s the biggest compliment I have received from Kamal sir, and I say it was when I showed the film to him and he didn't utter a single word — that made me happy and it’s a very big thing. When sir doesn’t say much, it indicates appreciation,” he smiles.

There are reports that the film was completed in less than 39 days. Are they true? “No, they are absolutely baseless. We completed the Tamil version and the Telugu version in about 60 days,” he says, and proceeds to explain that, “There’s something for everybody in the film. Though it is inspired from a French film, we made a lot of changes in the script according to the taste of the audience who are here. I can’t say it’s a heroic film, but it will satisfy Kamal fans like any other film of his.

Originally, Trisha’s and Madhu Shalini’s characters weren’t there in it, but we added it. Raaj Kamal Films has obtained the rights for the film.” Rajesh was also all praise for the team. “Be it Prakash Raj sir, or Trisha or anybody else, everybody was dedicated on the sets. When you watch the film, you will get to see it clearly. We didn't even have a single day lag in the middle of the shooting. It went on continuously.”

What’s next up for him? “I have a few scripts on my mind as of now. I might assist Kamal sir or even take up a role on the production side. Also I have been getting offers from the outside banners as well, but I would love to direct Kamal sir again. That might happen soon,” Rajesh signs off.

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shades in the posters are too good. HQ stuff

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Most probably 6th November release...
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

9. Thanks avavh3 thanked for this post
    Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    6th should be the right date. Long 9 days

Post Thanks / Like
    Kamal Haasan and director Rajesh have a surprise for the audience in 'Thoongavanam', reveals Trisha

Are you excited about Thoongavanam?
    I’m really excited, but I’m also nervous because there’s so much of hype and expectations about the film now. I’ve never played a cop before and in such a format either. There is one part of the film which director Rajesh and Kamal sir wanted to keep as a surprise for the audience. It’s a little thing between the heroine and hero and this is the first time I am doing something like that. There were a lot of rehearsals for it and there’s no hint of it in the trailer or teaser. I don’t know if it’s a remake of a film, but it’s completely Indianised. What I liked about the film was that it was very interesting. There’s no one part where you’ll get bored.

How was it being on set with Kamal Haasan again after Manmadhan Anbu?
    I’ve had a very long association with Raaj Kamal Films. Kamal sir doesn’t make working on a film mechanical. Even for Manmadhan Anbu, we did a lot of homework and had script readings. So by the time you are on set, you know exactly what’s going to happen on set and what the other actors’ cues are going to be. Even for Thoongavanam, we had informal script readings before we actually started shoot. All of us were continuously in the flow of the film. So even if you are not shooting for a day, you know exactly what’s going on. It’s a very Hollywood-style of working. His work style hasn’t changed at all and he makes you are involved in all aspects so we come out with a very complete film when it's done.

Do you think having script-readings and prep before the shoot is a better way of working?
    For every film, I have a bound script of the film always in my bag so that I can just take out the script and refer to it. But yes, I do prefer prep and script-readings because when you land up for the shoot there’s absolutely no stress. When we shot Manmadhan Anbu, for instance, I really felt like I was on a paid holiday. We started shoot at 6 am, but it was a breeze because I knew everything that was happening. Kamal Haasan makes sure that every actor has a passion for cinema as much as he does. On a personal note, I think it’s a brilliant way to work. You have a lot of fun working on films like that.

You’ve dubbed for yourself in this film.
    I’ve dubbed for myself in quite a few films. One thing Kamal sir is particular about is that if you know the language you must dub for yourself. No dubbing artist can do justice to a person’s individual voice or their characteristics. He feels your dubbing makes a lot of difference to the film.

A decade in films but 2015 has been a good year for you in terms of scripts like Thoongavanam, Nayaki and Aranmanai2.
    Yes, I think the latter part of the year has been very productive. I’m listening to some good scripts. I think it takes 10-12 years for people to understand what you are capable of. I feel that when you enter the film industry you spend the first few years trying to sustain yourself or make a mark. You don’t really care too much about scripts, but you want to be seen with big heroes and in big films. After that, I think it definitely takes people some time to say, 'Yes, she can act and can carry off a particular kind of role'. Even where I’m concerned, I made certain decisions to sustain myself before I sign a film where I am carrying the whole film. I can afford to take that risk now because people know that I can perform and look a certain way. Now, it’s more about me and whether the film works. It’s wiser for me to do a heroine-oriented film at this point in my career.

Thoongavanam is up for release this Diwali along with some other films like Ajith’s Vedhalam. Does that make you nervous?
    No! (laughs) Honestly, I think the more the better! This healthy, fun competition is always good. I am not sure about Ajith’s film, but I think the two films are completely different genres. A good film is a good film; it’s one that audiences will never say no to.

Sum up 2015.
    Professionally, it’s been very good and I have been satisfied with the kind of work I am doing. Personally, there’s been some ups and downs but it has been a year of self-realisation and it taught me a lot. I feel I have become wiser and grown over a year!

Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like