Page 99 of 177 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamil Cinema Box Office

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raajjaa View Post
    இதுல காமெடி என்னன்னா முதல் நாள் டிக்கெட்டை 1 வாரம் முன்னாடியே மொத்தமாக block பண்ணிட்டானுக. ஆனால் 2வது நாளில் இருந்து டிக்கெட் ஃபுல் ஆகாமல் கடந்த 1 வாரமாக திணறுது.
    You are becoming very funny these days. I remember the days you brag about kamal and sthayam (big screen sathyam) and all that. Today they have given the big sathyam screen to Ajith and so you started talking about madurai! I really feel bad for your pathetic situation!
    This is a very big world!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shwas View Post
    tamiz n agilan.. coming in different IDs, shapes n forms..
    I dont understand why are administrators not banning this guy!!!

All "this one" does is getting personal and abusing me ALL THE TIME!

It is really really sad that they allow this "guy" in the hub and bring down the quality of the hub!
    Last edited by thamiz; 7th November 2015 at 07:46 PM.
    This is a very big world!

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Parthyy View Post
    Well with the advent of internet netizens people become aware of collection post 2010..

Right from RED he has give consistently bumper openings irrespective of film content/ directors or festival or holiday or working day release always a notch ahead of his contemporaries even in his worst phase .
    That's why Trade call him King of opening.��

Puli for your Info shows started at 11am and usually working days special shows starting at 8/9,aren't taken to account.So there's not a 2 3 C jump we can expect.
    No through out tn special mor shows which scheduled at 5/6 am( my show was at 5 then watched first show @12) and 8/9 am shows cancelled...first show started at 12 pm throughout tn...so clearly two shows cancelled if v work out two shows avg collections it easily comes around 3 crs...

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Saai View Post
    While Ajith is well ahead of Vijay in first day opening, Vijay trumps in the family audience space easily. Even in this diwali case, there will a momentum shift after the first 2-3 days - unless the theatres are blocked for days in a rigid manner!
    That is just myth. It is family audiences that have made Mankatha, Veeram, Aarambam and YA hits or superhits or BB. Whereas for Joseph, he has no opening or long run if not for association with big directors. Puli, thalaivaa, nanban, jilla, etc are all good example of his prowess at the box office. His so called family audiences couldnt do a thing.

6. Likes rachel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Kamal has given low key movies even with Vikram - Dhool vs Anbe Sivam. Its not new to him! Kamal's star power is shown during Dasa/Viswa kind of release which Ajith might not match. Ajith still havent given a single industry blockbuster like Dasa or Viswa FYI.

2. Family audience have preferred heroes just like FDFS fans. Family audience doesn't prefer FDFS and the subsequent weeks is preferred.

Above all - At 40-45, Kamal/Rajni were invincibles. Ajith at 45 is way lower than them - Kamal at 45 (India/hindustani, Chachi 420/Avvai Shanmugi were national hits and turned out to be the biggest blockbusters of Tamil Cinema)

Tamizh, come in original id please!
    It is you that is piting Kamal against Ajith now. I dont know why hou feel the need to do so but I can guess

Post Thanks / Like
    Rajarud kadupila pesuraar pola

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paranitharan View Post
    That is just myth. It is family audiences that have made Mankatha, Veeram, Aarambam and YA hits or superhits or BB.
    True... Innum ethana naal ithaiye sollittu iruppangalo.. lot of things have been changed in the recent years... Arrambam, Veeram and YA did closely 25-30 Cr business each in overseas alone, this was not possible without the family audiences and long run.. YA in Dubai ran for 5 weeks, the recent biggie didn't crossed even 2 weeks..

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    TV is not a competition to Vedalam and was never meant to be so. Unfortunately kamal took a wrong decision to take on Vedalam. Now TV has become collateral damage. Thavirka mudiyaatha setharam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsamy View Post
    TV is not a competition to Vedalam and was never meant to be so. Unfortunately kamal took a wrong decision to take on Vedalam. Now TV has become collateral damage. Thavirka mudiyaatha setharam.

Munsamy, like you said it is not a competition. Different films for different audiences.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    first of all, is there any Mod here in hub? I can foulmouth someone for days before anyone noticing that! If that is the case, you believe the mods are there to monitor fake ids with ip etc?

saai - freeya vidunga - mukki mukki odaatha padathukku, distributors almost maaru kaal maaru kai vaangura nilamaiyila thaan, these sillarais are masquerading as AK fans..
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost