Page 127 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1769

Thread: Tamil Cinema Box Office

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maniram_1234 View Post

but he also managed to do that with supposedly strong competition coming from Thoongavanam.
    How is this possible (in UK), when vedhalam had far more shows ? shouldn't there be equal number of shows to be competitive ?
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    next time aandavar shud sell to ayngaran n gud overseas distributer... in usa we got a reliable one

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shwas View Post
    next time aandavar shud sell to ayngaran n gud overseas distributer... in usa we got a reliable one
    Agreed
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Member Devoted Hubber maniram_1234's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel View Post
    i thought they were talking about the movies that got released in 2014???? It seems all above movies were released in 2014.
    bimmer kudtha collection detaila ya 101 c than vera report yathvm ila

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chrompet Vettri Top 5 First week FootFall 2010-15
    @VettriTheatres
    1. Enthiran
    2. Mankatha
    3. Thuppakki
    4. I
    5. Vedalam

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rifath View Post
    brothers none of the sources online are 100% true! Onnu director illa producer or theater owner sollanum! unaku eppdi theriyumnu kaetta..I have a number of assistant director friends! For all u know...a so called biggest blockbuster movie was a loss for the producer even with huge collections!Agreement issues neraya iruku! So sometimes even the theater owners won't tell real collections to the distributor or producer! Sometimes profit won't benefit the producer fully! Laabam vandha solla matanga! (Income tax problems)Loss vandha solluvanga! Indha elavuku namma argue panrathula artham illa! Jollya successa celebrate pannunga!
    neenga solrathu ellam correct thaan. I guess it all comes down to how much the movie was sold for (to the distributors). I guess we all know about the movie you are talking about and I don't want to mention either. On a side note, the numbers I had posted I think reflect actual collections for all movie except the big three in there. the numbers seem fair and square.

While I'm happy to see Veeram did good business, there is no way to say which movie collected what amount, since collections are never divulged by producers nor the ticket/pricing/collection is transparent in tamilnadu due to political interference and black money.
    Ajde Nole!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maniram_1234 View Post
    BOSS VEERAM 130na apo unga ya atha vida athigama ila collect panirkanam athey yen 101 crore matm tha
    For all you know YA could have collected lower. I have never heard any official numbers for any Ajith movies (let alone YA) from producer/distributor or director. Nothing has come out from horse's mouth.
    Ajde Nole!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    How is this possible (in UK), when vedhalam had far more shows ? shouldn't there be equal number of shows to be competitive ?
    There is more to it, the distributors usually try to get a best deal. If it is priced higher than what they think, ayngaran is not going to buy and distribute. Right?
    This is a very big world!

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    There is more to it, the distributors usually try to get a best deal. If it is priced higher than what they think, ayngaran is not going to buy and distribute. Right?
    Not just right. Absolutely right. Even Munsamy would agree with this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shwas View Post
    That really is not true. the fact is this (posted on other thread too):

Part of the reason why TV has done good business in US & UK is due to the fact that old generation from tamilnadu (35+ age) is mostly found here in US have idolized or grown up watching rajini and Kamal movies. The reason why Vedalam is super hot in TN is due to the fact the next gen had taken over.

Vedalam reminded me of watching Baasha during my 10th std. I'm sure gen next are lapping it up like our gen did for Baasha. As simple as that!!
    Ajde Nole!