Page 128 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1769

Thread: Tamil Cinema Box Office

Senior Member Senior Hubber rajeshkrv's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Visvya Solutions VisvyaSolutions
    #Vedhalam Ajith's 'Vedhalam' Closes In On Rajinikanth’s 'Endhiran' First week Collection R… https://t.co/MdbCfqy3nA https://t.co/lvaR59P8OO

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    That really is not true. the fact is this (posted on other thread too):

Part of the reason why TV has done good business in US & UK is due to the fact that old generation from tamilnadu (35+ age) is mostly found here in US have idolized or grown up watching rajini and Kamal movies. The reason why Vedalam is super hot in TN is due to the fact the next gen had taken over.

Vedalam reminded me of watching Baasha during my 10th std. I'm sure gen next are lapping it up like our gen did for Baasha. As simple as that!!
    In UK VDM has done much better business. Only US is filled with "old people" it seems. But there are lots of young IT guys in US too. May be they are busy working.
    This is a very big world!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    In UK VDM has done much better business. Only US is filled with "old people" it seems. But there are lots of young IT guys in US too. May be they are busy working.
    Sorry unable to explain in UK. VJ has a very strong hold (may be due to srilankan population?!). But whatever i told for US is true.
    Ajde Nole!

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not true bruv...for vishwaroopam they all must be 2 years yunger thats all...also yes youth factor is there but when hype is added or genre is nt as this ..then it is diff story...as fr europe n uk..ppl in twitter n fb told me its not given good locations ..in sum places nt even releasing

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That really is not true. the fact is this (posted on other thread too):

Part of the reason why TV has done good business in US & UK is due to the fact that old generation from tamilnadu (35+ age) is mostly found here in US have idolized or grown up watching rajini and Kamal movies. The reason why Vedalam is super hot in TN is due to the fact the next gen had taken over.

Vedalam reminded me of watching Baasha during my 10th std. I'm sure gen next are lapping it up like our gen did for Baasha. As simple as that!!
    IMO, the single factor that drives rajinikanth movie revenue in US.... Lingaa had very low buzz here but still opened with 1.5 Million..... even parents who visit US show interest to watch movies in theatre...
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avadi to America View Post
    IMO, the single factor that drives rajinikanth movie revenue in US.... Lingaa had very low buzz here but still opened with 1.5 Million..... even parents who visit US show interest to watch movies in theatre...
    I thought Lingaa got a big opening especially in US because Rajini's next movie after he went through some health issues and recovered and did a movie. Now if Kabali also gets a good opening (it seems it will) then we must say "Rajini factor" is different and unique! Let us see!

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought Lingaa got a big opening especially in US because Rajini's next movie after he went through some health issues and recovered and did a movie. Now if Kabali also gets a good opening (it seems it will) then we must say "Rajini factor" is different and unique! Let us see!
    Not really. People in my age group +/- 2 years are all ardent Rajini fans. Regardless of the fact that Linga was mokkai or not, we just wanted to catch up rajini on screen. I'm pretty positive Ajith/VIjay are ready to take over in 10-15 years time when we will be much older. However, The second gen who grow up here don't really give a sh!t. So not sure how it may pan out overall. The migration rate is lesser than it used to be. But I can clearly see that the next gen has already taken over in TN.
    Ajde Nole!

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Youth IT population like you will make it hit anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not really. People in my age group +/- 2 years are all ardent Rajini fans. Regardless of the fact that Linga was mokkai or not, we just wanted to catch up rajini on screen. I'm pretty positive Ajith/VIjay are ready to take over in 10-15 years time when we will be much older. However, The second gen who grow up here don't really give a sh!t. So not sure how it may pan out overall. The migration rate is lesser than it used to be. But I can clearly see that the next gen has already taken over in TN.
    I agree with the argument that next generation took over but Kamal has done three movies in a short time and thoongavanam is the third one and it was not appealing to B/C audience because of the "unique plot". We certainly need to consider that. Even Ajith, Vijay, Vikram are doing yearly one movie. If they do three-four movie in a year, would you expect the same result? I am just curious. We have to consider how many movie the top actor does and how often he releases. Is he giving enough time for his fans to "starve" for his movie?
    Last edited by thamiz; 18th November 2015 at 03:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with the argument that next generation took over but Kamal has done three movies in a short time and thoongavanam is the third one and it was not appealing to B/C audience because of the "unique plot". We certainly need to consider that. Even Ajith, Vijay, Vikram are doing yearly one movie. If they do three-four movie in a year, would you expect the same result? I am just curious. We have to consider how many movie the top actor does and how often he releases. Is he gioving enough time for his fans to "starve"?
    That is problem with Kamal recently. He gives a dud(UV) and he has make up the loss with 2 or 3 quickies. So misses the aura clearly for what he is. I see AJ/VJ doing about max 3 movies in like 2 year span. That makes fans to want and catch up on screen. Please don't even bother to put Vikram and Surya in the mix. They just won't cut it into the big league like Ajith or Vijay. Sorry to be harsh, but Surya always needs a big director to even get an opening. Surya's last non big director release in past few years was sillendru oru kathal (2006) and we know the box office result. He needs Hari, GVM, KVA etc.
    Ajde Nole!