Page 49 of 177 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamil Cinema Box Office

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont understand why did not any Viajy fan concern about "120 crore budget projection" then?? Now they tell the numbers are all fake and lies and they KNEW it and all. They could have doubted the numbers then, openly!
    This is a very big world!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Muthalvan View Post
    Thamizh... thanks for the updates.
    And glad you are happy

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read it in the media .. not just throwing numbers. But it has to include his salary. This movie can be more expensive than other regular ones due to its genre.

I still think it needs more run to break even.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    I dont understand why did not any Viajy fan concern about "120 crore budget projection" then?? Now they tell the numbers are all fake and lies and they KNEW it and all. They could have doubted the numbers then, openly!
    Such inflations do happen to get the best price from the distributors. Havent you heard 'This film is 10X times of that film' kind of lies in the recent past?

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thamizh.. plz do not worry too much... still we are hoping for the movie to do well both local and overseas.. nothing much.

And if you have followed iur puli thread from the beginning, we have very well discussed about the budget concern.

Whether it made if 100cr or 10 crs... we hope the movie to break his previous records. Thats the standard we are in. Avlo than.

Fans kooda ivlo kavalai padela. Unga aarvatha paarkka enakke aananda kanneer varuthu.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thamizh.. plz do not worry too much... still we are hoping for the movie to do well both local and overseas.. nothing much.

And if you have followed iur puli thread from the beginning, we have very well discussed about the budget concern.

Whether it made if 100cr or 10 crs... we hope the movie to break his previous records. Thats the standard we are in. Avlo than.

Fans kooda ivlo kavalai padela. Unga aarvatha paarkka enakke aananda kanneer varuthu.
    Nobody is worried about anybody. We are only looking for facts. Not manipulated facts. That's all I am concerned if you care to know!

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to here that. You are most welcome to discuss facts. But please do not ask us to move on as we have our facts too.

For example : the way you discussed the Linga outcome.

Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we are debating conflicting things here. Based on my limited knowledge of how the numbers work...Puli pre-release business (meaning TV rights, Music rights and Theatricals) was around 101cr, so there is no way the budget would be more than 100cr. A producer wouldn't sell a product for 100 cr if the cost of making it is more than 100cr. So its very evident that budget (producers cost) is less than 100cr.
    Of the 101 cr pre release business, around 27 cr came from TV and Music rights, which means the theatricals were sold to distributors for 74cr approx. So Puli has to make a distributor share of about 74 cr WW to break even. It has made about 71 cr gross in week 1, which means after deducting tax and theater rentals etc, the distributor share would be around 45cr (week 1 only). So it has a long way to break even overall. It may have made profits in some sectors like France, etc...but in places like US it is a loss due to the delay and cancellations. In Kerala, the distributor is the producer himself, so there is no distributor share....its all based on sharing between him and theaters...which is why KL, even though less compared to other Vijay movies, is not loss for anyone. It has already crossed 5.3cr gross as per the last update I saw. I think we will have to wait for another 3 or 4 days to get a firm view overall.

Like I said, I may not be fully right but this is what I understand on how the things work.
    Last edited by Dammy R; 14th October 2015 at 11:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to here that. You are most welcome to discuss facts.
    Thanks! You are so kind!

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    Nobody is worried about anybody. We are only looking for facts. Not manipulated facts. That's all I am concerned if you care to know!
    Manitharil ithanai nirangala, sorry, Orutharil ithanai nirangala? Looking for facts Linga thread poi paarunga, BO figures facts yellam vazhinji kottikittu irukku, antha threadla yaaro black la ticket vitha rate yellam accuratea calculate senju atha base senju BO figures yellam kudutha maathiri nyabagam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk