Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bharathwaj, Autograph & related discussion

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Autograph should have been nominated for the most overrated album of the year. A thoroughly unimpressive and unimaginative album in all aspects. Ovvoru pookaLume would have sounded jaded even in the mid-80s when we had heard the likes of "naan oru sindhu" etc. from Chithra. Gnayaabagam varudhe - the situation in the film combined with the picturization made it somewhat appealing. The song itself as a standalone was as pedestrian as it gets. Some of these guys like Bharadwaj should take some crash courses from MSV on how to set tunes. His "apple peNNE nee yaaro" is another nursery rhyme

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    that song: "apple peNNE nee yaaro" is one of the most annoying songs i have ever heard!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    vijay, well said. I can see where that terrible annoyance to Autograph is coming from, havign felt the same irritation every time I happen to stumble across the dud ovvoru pookkalume even for a fleeting moment while surfing channels. Infact, Chitra is the only saving grace of the song and perhaps deserves some credit for salvaging something out of the song.

It is when you see the likes of BWj, YSR and SAR succeed commercially that you feel pangs for someone like Karthik Raja, now dragged down to the level of doing duds like Neranja Manasu(and yet managing to give a decent Paarthu Po).

Bharadwaj is an over-rated,undeserving MD, though he had his moments in Poo Veli(oru poo ezhudhum) But when we can question IR for a odd karagattakari after 25 years of gems, one poo veli should not give the likes of Bharadwaj licence to inflict miseries upon miseries on us.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Renault's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a matter of fact, Ovvoru Pookkalumey is an unnoticed copy of "Rottora Paatu sathham keekudha" from En Mana Vaanil by Ilayaraja.

The latter song, not many would be knowing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajdes
    Karthik Raja, now dragged down to the level of doing duds
    Yep - its sad ... now KR is doing lot of ADs I heard, the lates pothys ad for 'kaaviyak kaathal pattu' is by him

Quote Originally Posted by rajdes
    Bharadwaj is an over-rated,undeserving MD
    I agree with you, Almost all his albums had copied songs / repeat of his own tunes etc., I didn't like Autograph for any of its songs / BGM ... (BGM was horrible to say the least, Sabesh - Murali literally killed whatever emotions cheran filled in the movie by strange sounds and fancy hummings, that sound so alien ...)

NagaS
    NagaS

My Blog (Tamil): http://nchokkan.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    And Sabesh-Murali is now the MD for the next Cheran film

Dig: Karthik Raja- I have mixed feelings about this guy. Sure he had a few good songs under IR and on his own he had a handful of good songs. But a combination of bad movie choices along with uninspired songs in them makes him get less sympathy from me. He is said to have mentioned somewhere that he doesnt enjoy doing songs as much as BGM. Now if IR can say that after doing 800+ movies it makes some sense, but with KR... Also, some of his recent albums(Singaara chennai, ragasiyamaai etc.) are bad and he has started singing regularly as well. For someone who does very less albums you expect to hear atleast 2 very good songs per album.
    His best song to date "veesum kaatrukku poovai theriyaadha" is a lift.(and so was Cholaare cho cho laare). He probably doesnt get as much patronage as his brother and thats probably the one area where he will get sympathy. Talent-wise, I guess he has more potential than the likes of Bharadwaj if he puts his heart and soul into it.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO Cheran is an overrated Director - I liked his PaNdavar Boomi and Desiya Geetham to some extend, But Autograph was just average and was far from reality (I know, I won't have any followers for this opinion of mine, But I feel strongly that Autograph is not a yathaarththa movie, but a 'clever' work of fiction, which is trying all possible things to kiLaRu-fy the readers' experienes with his / her past lover(s) and uses that 'mayakka' nilai to make them 'like' the movie ! I don't say its wrong, but the movie and cheran don't deserve this much praise / attention)

Few months back, I wrote a detailed review of this movie (in tamil), if anybody interested, I can post it here,

NagaS
    NagaS

My Blog (Tamil): http://nchokkan.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    NagaS,

I second your opinion about the movie 'Autograph' It was a overrated movie. Naalu scenela kashtapattu Cheran Perumoochu vittathu Paarthu namma makkal ellam Perumoochu vittu perumoochu vittu padatha oda vachutaanga. Naan Orae oru perumoochu vittaen padam mudijathundra nimmathila

Senior Member Regular Hubber Sudalai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    NagaS/rajasaranam..
    What if IR had scored the BGMs...??? then, this would have been another 'azhagi'.. what do you say..?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which movie have i appreciated Just because it had music scored by Raja Thankar Bachan's Career graph IMHO is Worse worser worsest. The film makers from whom i expect something good is Balumahendra, Bala[not for sethu and nandha but for Pithamagan] and kamalhassan. Its not my mistake as all three happen to be HCIRF's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast