Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Films recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    Was curious to know what Vikatan has to say about the movie, as I have already watched Visaranai.

Movies to watch before or after watching Visaranai.

The list holds Drama to Thriller to Action to Brutality, but they all are shot or narrated in a similar manner to Visaranai. Glad that many to most liked Visaranai, so I thought they may find the following movies interesting too (as usual, keep in mind that these movies are for matured audience) :

Where the Sidewalk Ends (1950) : English
    Serpico (1973) : English
    The Unjust (2010) : Korean
    Polisse (2011) : French
    A.C.A.B (2012) : Italian

Ofcoarse there are few many others too, just initialising a list, feel free to share yours.
    We can add PASSION OF CHRIST also...
    Dane Dane Pe Likha Hai Khane Wale Ka Naam

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    mappiz, i have heard great things about Irréversible movie. haven't watched it yet though. being a french movie, i am surprised it hasn't featured in your list.
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the listed movies are either thriller or drama genre, but they all come under 'Police Brutality' category. Eventhough certain movies deal with corruption and savagery in a confined social setup, they all cannot be fit into the same class that holds our movie Visaranai.

For instance, Polisse (French) is a brutal film that follows the officiers handling child abuse. How they all get psychologically stoned in their line of work is captured without lossing the heat & beat. Similarly, you got A.C.A.B, which tells the tale of a group of Riot Police officers who cover each other back when they do nasty things. Just like in Visaranai, which is about the puppeteers and puppets chained together with a thread of classified order, where the puppeteer is a puppet himself. Its not actually their personel choice or a decision that they would like to take daily, but their job suituation throws them the only bone that they can hold on too, which they don't want to miss. The final frames of the film is the major highlight where an ariel view of mysterious eyes pointing the gun flaunts over the couple on the ground, still the one who is seen as the pupetteer is actually puppeted to pull the trigger - a kind of loop, just like the ending of A.C.A.B. In Serpico, when a fellow officier turns into a rat, the others in the line of duty want to smoke him out under any circumstance. The other 2 moveis deals with what methods the officiers and detectives use to crack a case, in return get cracked themselves.

Irréversible is about a society that we live in, where violence is not taught but learnt. Ofcoarse its a Brutal film which has 3 of my favourite artists in it - Madame Bellucci, Albert Dupontel and Vincent Cassel.
    Last edited by mappi; 12th February 2016 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Thought to Taught
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Devoted Hubber k_vanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jil jung Juk- good attempt by siddarth n gang. There are some mokkai but overall I like it

6. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Likes NOV liked this post
    Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mexicomeat / Balaajee,

Another movie is Ugly (2013) : Hindi.

I have talked about the film here.

Ugly-the movie, does not have that much physical violence, but the story is nasty. It does cover the operations of Mumbai police. And I don't know where you can watch this film, thats a pity.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

8. Thanks balaajee thanked for this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thiru @mkstalin watched #IrudhiSuttru & praised the team for a socially relevant inspirational film to youth & women

Dane Dane Pe Likha Hai Khane Wale Ka Naam

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicomeat View Post
    mappiz, i have heard great things about Irréversible movie. haven't watched it yet though. being a french movie, i am surprised it hasn't featured in your list.
    watched it long time back... movie goes in reversible order of events... a disturbing rape scene...
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avadi to America View Post
    a disturbing rape scene...
    And heavily morbid killing scene employing a fire extinguisher, weirdly that disturbed me more than the rape. And the final shot, technically where the story begins.

Writing this I realized how I can vividly remember those scenes from a movie I watched in 07 and I can hardly remember the plot of a film (esp English), I watched weeks back.

Noe is an amazing, underrated director.
    Vaazhvathu edharku vaiyagathin sugangalai vaazhkaiyil perathaane!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jill Jung Juk

Now I have this splitting headache because of this film. I don't know how just watching and re-watching certain English/American films can give someone so much confidence to write and make a film like this.

They're just striving to be different and in that they completely forget to be comprehensible nor entertaining. This movie was outright boring.

Yes, I have appreciated films with unbelievable characters in absurd situations but they were enjoyable and I dint have to try to like them.

Very similar kind of promotions were done by Deadpool too, tbh it is very evident that Sidharth and team have just aped their style in promoting this film. But even though Deadpool is a very mediocre film it is full of fun. That's all we expect, is that too much to ask?

Being wannabe is an essential step in the creative process, until you evolve please wait.
    Vaazhvathu edharku vaiyagathin sugangalai vaazhkaiyil perathaane!

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast