Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Films recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Parthyy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks mappi,great heads up to Star Wars ...
    can understand now Y it has such following....will try to watch this week

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mexicomeat,

If you wish to 'virtually time travel', get to see how the initial movies - the original trilogy - were made and then walk into the digital world to sweep through the 3 prequel episodes to get the best experience of Star Wars Galaxy, the best option is to catch Star Wars in the order of the its release - 1977, 1980, 1983 & 1999, 2002, 2005. And then 2015.

Episode VII is a sequel, so it should be the last to be watched in the series. It has got two more installements to come (Episodes VIII & IX).

But Star Wars does tell a story about a Father, a Son & an Empire, and it obviously holds the mother of all twists, a twist that gave nightmares to many. Unfortunately if you had consulted even one website talking about the movie, you should now be exposed to this amazing twist. Assuming you are ready to catch the plot and see how its actually unfolding, then there is definitely an order to be watched which assures the suspense and simultaneously introduces several new characters and their bondings. This order should ensure the interest and could enhance the humour quotient in the series, while gaurding the mystery intact. The below arrangement is suggested by several Star Wars fans, that I recomend too :

Episode IV: A New Hope (original trilogy)
    Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (original trilogy)
    Episode I: The Phantom Menace (prequel trilogy)
    Episode II: Attack of the Clones (prequel trilogy)
    Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (prequel trilogy)
    Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi (original trilogy)
    Episode VII: The Force Awakens (sequel trilogy)

Foot note :

Episode IV: A New Hope (1977)
    Luke, an young boy, teams up with certain valliant people to save Leia, the Princess of a distant Galaxy, from Darth Vader, an imperial commander from the Galactic Empire.

Episode V: The Empire Strikes (1980)
    The Empire has chased the rebels but their leaders, including Luke are still on the run whom Darth Vader wants to capture.

Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999)
    In a battle somewhere in the past, a young boy named Anakin rises, whom the wise beleive would be the one who would bring the balance to the Force, at the same time a dormant sect called the Sith resurrects.

Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002)
    Teen Anakin is in love, but not aware of the oncomming danger, an army of clones to destroy his faithful house of Jedi.

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)
    Young Anakin enters into the world of deception as he tries to embrace his family life, but the evil plans of the Senators & Chancellors extract something entirely different out of Anakin when he enters the Dark Side of the Force.

Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi(1983)
    Death Star, built by the Empire, is a threat to the Galaxy which the rebels try to destroy, while Luke faces Darth Vader at the Dark Side of the Force.

Episode VII: The Force Awakens(2015)
    Around some 30 years later, the First Order tries its hold over the Galactic Empire, and this time a new form of resistence rises.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    Mexicomeat,

If you wish to 'virtually time travel', get to see how the initial movies - the original trilogy - were made and then walk into the digital world to sweep through the 3 prequel episodes to get the best experience of Star Wars Galaxy, the best option is to catch Star Wars in the order of the its release - 1977, 1980, 1983 & 1999, 2002, 2005. And then 2015.

Episode VII is a sequel, so it should be the last to be watched in the series. It has got two more installements to come (Episodes VIII & IX).

But Star Wars does tell a story about a Father, a Son & an Empire, and it obviously holds the mother of all twists, a twist that gave nightmares to many. Unfortunately if you had consulted even one website talking about the movie, you should now be exposed to this amazing twist. Assuming you are ready to catch the plot and see how its actually unfolding, then there is definitely an order to be watched which assures the suspense and simultaneously introduces several new characters and their bondings. This order should ensure the interest and could enhance the humour quotient in the series, while gaurding the mystery intact. The below arrangement is suggested by several Star Wars fans, that I recomend too :

Episode IV: A New Hope (original trilogy)
    Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (original trilogy)
    Episode I: The Phantom Menace (prequel trilogy)
    Episode II: Attack of the Clones (prequel trilogy)
    Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (prequel trilogy)
    Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi (original trilogy)
    Episode VII: The Force Awakens (sequel trilogy)

Foot note :

Episode IV: A New Hope (1977)
    Luke, an young boy, teams up with certain valliant people to save Leia, the Princess of a distant Galaxy, from Darth Vader, an imperial commander from the Galactic Empire.

Episode V: The Empire Strikes (1980)
    The Empire has chased the rebels but their leaders, including Luke are still on the run whom Darth Vader wants to capture.

Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999)
    In a battle somewhere in the past, a young boy named Anakin rises, whom the wise beleive would be the one who would bring the balance to the Force, at the same time a dormant sect called the Sith resurrects.

Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002)
    Teen Anakin is in love, but not aware of the oncomming danger, an army of clones to destroy his faithful house of Jedi.

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)
    Young Anakin enters into the world of deception as he tries to embrace his family life, but the evil plans of the Senators & Chancellors extract something entirely different out of Anakin when he enters the Dark Side of the Force.

Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi(1983)
    Death Star, built by the Empire, is a threat to the Galaxy which the rebels try to destroy, while Luke faces Darth Vader at the Dark Side of the Force.

Episode VII: The Force Awakens(2015)
    Around some 30 years later, the First Order tries its hold over the Galactic Empire, and this time a new form of resistence rises.
    While I don't look much into a Star Wars flick like say a David Lynch/PTA movie, I really find it hard to overlook the plot holes surrounding "The Force awakens". The movie taps the right buttons, traverses the path that made the original trilogy such a huge hit but it misses the mark in widening the Star Wars Universe, in creating that one little opportunity to have an identity of its own . That's what the Star Wars franchise requires. A movie which retains the essence of the original but with its own novelty.Not an almost look alike film of the original with zero originality. Safe to say my understanding of the force has gone for a toss after watching this.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    "Space Western", exactly it is.

The whole set-up and the design is Medieval. Like in a genre bender, the middle age is quite well mingled in Star Wars, Period Fantasy to Sci-Fi Fantasy - the sword fights, costumes esp. cloaks, vast and vaccant lands, only one mode of transport, slaves-robots and feudalistic Empire structure, monsters, creatures, warriors, sect-sith ... etc.

EDIT : On a side note, a 'hors-recommendation' category, meaning a movie not for everyone : Hard to Be a God (Russian : Trudno byt' bogom).
    An amazing creative idea of a parallel universe stuck in time. Scientist land up there just to find that the age of the space is Medieval. Violent & Gruesome, I found the movie awesome, but still not recomended for everyone - I tell it to you Mr.GreyShirt, as we have shared few details about Middle Age music, maybe you will find this movie interesting.
    Sounds interesting. I will give it a watch.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boologam - kudos for the attempt !

Tamil Movies with boxing as for as i remember
    • Kaavalkaaran
    • Kadhal parisu
    • Vetrimel Vetri. 1989
    • Badri (kick boxing)
    • Maan Karate
    this movie is diff from all these.

Pros:
    • Jayam RAVI whole movie is on him, an excellent job.
    Debutante director (like guru is the sishyan bit spoon feeding)
    • Dialogues

Cons:
    • bit Amateurish

Result of the movie- can't guess, but whole theater enjoyed the show.

7. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pasanga 2

Feel good movie, must be watched by parents of young children.

The hyper active children will have you laughing out loud.

Gets a little preachy towards the end, but still doesn't test the patience.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

9. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thangamagan - zzz

Felt like wathing 4 episodes of a serial. Total borefest. Songs were good but too short. Overall very dissapointing movie.
    God bless all

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Inji Iduppazhagi, 144

Terrible.. Please avoid

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    watched inji iduppazhagi and 144 yesterday (same pinch ajay)

both were horrible.

if you look at the end credits of 144, you can see that the music director has used spanish orchestra and spent $$$$ on the music.... spanish orchestra for a low budget movie that has siva has the hero? obviously the producer has got his priorities wrong. he should spent $$$$ on fixing the weak story line instead.
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast