Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Films recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pokkiri Raja - yawn

Without being the best movie this year, this movie made me laugh a lot though. There are several hilarious scenes in the movie where I couldnt control my laughter. Although this is a Jeeva movie, Sibiraj impressed me more, in this movie he really proves he is JR Sathyaraj. Hansika is OKOK in the movie. Here is another movie with songs that didnt impress. D. Imaan seem to get too many projects which makes him deliver these average songs.

TE1A director's 2nd movie might not be as good as the first, yet its worth a watch if u like movies sans logic.
    God bless all

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Zootopia

Brilliant.
    Don't miss!
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pichaikaaran - "amma" sentiment

One of the better movies released this year. The movie is sentimental as well as commercial in certain aspects. Vijay Anthony might not be a top actor but he has good eye for script selection. Most of his movies stands out from the typical cinema movies in tamil. Satna Titus looks didnt impress me, but her acting was ok. The beggers and the henchmen provide some good laughters. Vijay Anthongs BGM was good and songs were gelling well with the movie. Director Sasi (Sollamale, Dishyum, Poo etc) proved again his worth in the movie.
    God bless all

Post Thanks / Like
    Sowkarpettai - guaranteed tinnitus

Sowkarpettai has all the elements you seen in recent tamil horror movies:
    - an intro where someone get killed
    - a motive to revenge the attrocity
    - the haunted house
    - a flashback
    - comedians who will get abused by the ghosts
    - villain trying to protect him with help from black magic priests
    - a glamourous ghost (very indian cinema to make the ghost look sexy)
    - ghost song

No matter how much effort they put in making this movie, they seem to have focused less on screenplay and story which I think is most important part of the movie. Srikanth tried his best to tarnish his goodboy with his movie. He is a menace in this movie. In the flashback I noticed how much Srikanth looks like Sharukhan. Lakshmi Rai is almost veteran in ghost movies, although her previous ventures (Kanchana, Aranmanai) were hits I doubt this movie will be a hit. Director Vadivudayan is yet to convince audience that his movies are worth watching, his previous movies didnt do well (Saamida, Thambi Vettothi Sundaram)
    God bless all

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking forward to "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" !
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Mapla Singam - haven't I seen it before?

I am wondering, what makes ppl spend 120 rupees to watch a movie that has a story which has been repeated a lot in cinema?
    God bless all

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    KaKaPo

A typical Vijay Sethupathi movie with unexpected reactions and unexpected twists.

Hollywood has Nolan
    Kollywood has Nalan

😀😀😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Kadhalum Kadanthu Poghum - slow sleeping pill

Definately not my cup of tea, but atleast audience appreciate movies like these. I hope they understand the movie better than I did.
    God bless all

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by interz View Post

Definately not my cup of tea, but atleast audience appreciate movies like these. I hope they understand the movie better than I did.
    , dont know what is the speciality of this movie, though you will like it if you like Vijay Sethupathi.......... I felt VS characterization was properly written......... he is not a sirippu rowdy (though the director wants us to believe he is one) like he was in naanum rowdy than nor he is menacing action hero kind.... his motto in life is also not strongly shown...............on the other hand, heroine's character, her ambition are all well written...........
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by interz View Post

Haven't watched the movie...but watched the original Korean movie(trailer had same sequence) which was like 80's movies...
    Dane Dane Pe Likha Hai Khane Wale Ka Naam

Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast