Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Films recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Regular Hubber rifath's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed @interz
    That I agree after saamy..I felt only singam1 had strong villain!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    veeram on sun tv..many things worked in veeram which was not the same case for vedhalam..Masala quotient was just nice..comedy worked big time..ajit was composed..heroine was required and not forced into the script..my favourite scene is still and always be..changed ajith meeting tamannaah matured romaaance..
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Senior Member Devoted Hubber k_vanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Premam (malayalam)- superb movie with stunning performance from Sai Pallavi & Nivin pauly although remind me Cheran's Autoghaph

Sai Pallavi- OMG what a lovable teacher

another major highlights- songs

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched Vedhalam again with my parents. My mom couldn't stop laughing at all the unintentional comedies through out the movie. Ajith really needs to cut all ties with Siva.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

Senior Member Regular Hubber rifath's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mockingjay was good! Even though this is the first hunger games film!

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched Puli on the local channel. The first time I watched I couldn't hear the dialogues because of trespassers. Our whole family laughed so hard throughout the movie. What an unintelligent piece of trash it was.

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also rewatched mahanathi after 10 years. I didn't expect that I was not going to like the film. The music is still fresh but the film is outdated and is also manipulative.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paranitharan View Post
    Also rewatched mahanathi after 10 years. I didn't expect that I was not going to like the film. The music is still fresh but the film is outdated and is also manipulative.
    ?????

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Katthukutti (2015 : TAMIL : Drama)

Happened to watch Kathukutti yesterday. Sweetly suprised with the film for its impeccable dialogues. The mode of exposition where the camera switches between two groups of people as they receive the same information is excellent. Also, the movie carries a lot of Split dialogues and same conversation shared through vareities.

Kathukutti is about a rural youngster living on the lands threatened by methane exploitation. Eventhough the character and casting were not crisply done, they do point out at the raise of this youngster as the leader of the people. Few artists have brought out naturalism, notably the one who acts as Narain's father who reminds a lot Bharathiraja. Also the artist who comes as his uncle and the one who enacts the father of Srushti Dange. The comedy track works at several moments, but goes into a repetivie mode concentrating mostly on alcohol jokes. The film badly cries its need for Illayaraja, eventhough Aruldev does try to march forward with instrumentation alligning it with the rural backdrop. Many scenes were captrued excellently. At few instances the film gets preachy, Era Saravanan should have tried to express in a more polished and artistic manner.

I can safely recomend Kathukutti as a late evening movie.

Katthukutti - Awakener
    Last edited by mappi; 26th November 2015 at 03:15 PM. Reason: spell check
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

11. Likes balaajee liked this post
    Junior Member Regular Hubber George Thomas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any reviews on the tamil new releases?
    Last edited by George Thomas; 28th November 2015 at 07:41 AM.

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast