View Poll Results: Will Pinarayi Vijayan be the new Kerala Chief Minister in 2006?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, Achuthanandan will be the CPI(M) nominee for CM

1 25.00%
  • Yes

3 75.00%

Thread: Pinarayi Vijayan will be the new Kerala Chief Minister

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinarayi Vijayan will be the new Kerala Chief Minister

Pinarayi Vijayan will be the new Kerala Chief Minister

After the UDF government's term is over May of 2006. it is now almost a certainty that Pinarayi Vijayan will be the new Kerala Chief Minister representing the communists.

He will be the first Chief Minister of Kerala from the scheduled tribe community. He was born to Koran and Kalyani in 1944 in Kannur district. He represents the Vannan community of scheduled tribes in Kerala.

His chief ministership is almost a certainty now since his main contender Achuthanandan is 83 years old and his nominees lost in this weeks state party meet. Read news below.

http://www.indianexpress.com/full_st...ntent_id=65228

Hardliners bite dust at CPM Kerala meet

Achuthanandan nominees lose; Vijayan re-elected

K K SATHEESH

Posted online: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 at 0219 hours IST

MALAPPURAM, FEBRUARY 22: Hardliners in the CPM suffered a humiliating defeat at the CPM Kerala state conference today as V.S. Achuthanandan’s rebellion against state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan ended in a ballot nightmare. After a day of edge-of-the seat excitement at the conference in Kerala’s Muslim heartland, all the 12 candidates he put up against the official panel were defeated. The new state committee later re-elected Vijayan for another term of three years.

The election to the new state committee witnessed dramatic events and kept party workers and mediapersons on their toes for 10 hours. Achuthanandan, who had claimed he could replace Vijayan and the majority of members on the state panel, was forced to a pathetic survival bargain in the last round of compromise talks.

When the state committee met in the presence of politburo members in the morning, Achuthanandan presented his panel before the state committee.

Vijayan was prepared to accommodate five members from the Achuthanandan side on the official panel. He was also ready to drop P. Sasi as demanded by Achuthanandan. But Achuthanandan wanted to drop economist and ideologue Dr Thomas Isaac, former MP M.A. Baby and Deshabhimani resident editor P. Rajeev. Vijayan put his foot down and rejected it, leading to the election.

Achuthanandan, a veteran of several battles including the Punnapra-Vayalar struggle, miscalculated his strength. His loyalists f—who put up a fierce battle for their leader in the debate at the meet—fell when the votes were counted to decide the state panel of the cadre-based party.

On the 80-member state committee, four seats are left vacant—these will be filled and the new state secretariat constituted after the party’s national meet in Delhi in April.

With the stunning performance of the liberals in the party, Vijayan has re-emerged as the most powerful man in the state unit. His spectacular comeback has also dashed the hopes of the Achuthanandan loyalists’ move to project him as the next Chief Minister.

Known as a traditional Marxist, Achuthanandan had made the party’s meetings the fora to fight what he saw as deviant influences. The Malappuram meet saw debates and personal attacks—while Vijayan loyalists reportedly described Achuthanandan as a ‘‘class enemy’’, the counter attack was targeted at Vijayan’s lifestyle.
    Everybody should love each other

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a foolish poll is this?ou have already decided that Communists will come to power next?

The poll should have been if the Communists come to power who the CM nominee will be.

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey I've spoken to Vijayettan Pa!! Came here to visit some relatives in Malaysia. My, my!!

Blah-Blah : Eat your heart out, Pa!! I've got friends in high places now!!

Hurray for Vijayaetta!!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblah
    What a foolish poll is this?ou have already decided that Communists will come to power next?

The poll should have been if the Communists come to power who the CM nominee will be.
    Yah !!! you need a poll to know that

Quote Originally Posted by nirosha sen
    hey I've spoken to Vijayettan Pa!! Came here to visit some relatives in Malaysia. My, my!!

Blah-Blah : Eat your heart out, Pa!! I've got friends in high places now!!

Hurray for Vijayaetta!!
    Hey Nirosha I am Sandeep. Dont forget me.

Post Thanks / Like
    What happened to vijayan?, tomorrow it is 2007!
    Liberty is my religion. Liberty of hand and brain -- of thought and labor. Liberty is the blossom and fruit of justice -- the perfume of mercy. Liberty is the seed and soil, the air and light, the dew and rain of progress, love and joy.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vijayan ippo Choriyodu chori (Icho Iching) thanne.

Reminds me of Leader