Page 147 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1493

Thread: Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely Correct Joe

NT's reaction cannot be criticized in comparison with anybody ! coz he offers what the character expects

I really cherish his reaction when he says ... "nee mundhindaa noku, naa mundhindaa nekku"
    you should see his expressions wow awesome ...

He is a drama artiste from initial stages ... in dramas every single cell in the body has to ACT ..... which when they see on screen call it overacting ..... When the situation warrants ...

I dont know why ppl clap when the hero sustains a bullet in his body, and still stands .... while they call NT's natural acting of pain in Thillana Mohanaambal when he was attacked by a knife

He is still the hero ... but his character basically shows him to be a person who is not an action hero so he has to show that pain !

for his performance in that MOVIE ... i cherish every scene of the movie !
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am surprised that there had been very few discussion on Avanthaan Manithan.

This is another movie that shows tremendous restrain on NTs part. From beginning he shows a very composed performance, very intelligent, very knowing of his environment and still acting to the core.

Witness the scene where he is told that his ship has sunk. What he does? He just 'sinks' into his sofa. Stunned, no exaggerated body language, no shouting, screaming.

Or, the scene when JJ's daughter dies. He goes to the graveyard and cries, silently, all those repressed emotion 'trickling' out slowly. Brilliant.

Oh, I forgot, Avanthaan Manithan is a colour movie by the way.

My weekend movie will be Avanthaan Manithan. I shall write more about it next week.

Joe,

Where do I get ekalapai (?)? Is it a font? I am a bit mandu when it comes to tech, so you gotta show me where to get it and what I should do with it. Appreciate it, thanks.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    Witness the scene where he is told that his ship has sunk. What he does? He just 'sinks' into his sofa. Stunned, no exaggerated body language, no shouting, screaming.
    shld have been really awesome to look at .......... Must Watch !
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Senior Member Regular Hubber umaramesh's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read from the other thread about MIRUTHANGA CHAKRAVARTHI.
    Comment says "I came to know that even we can play MIRUTHANGAM through mouth". Indirectly meaning NT over acting in this scene.

I would like to point out that my cousins one is good carnatic singer and other one is MIRUTHANGA VIDWAN. He is normal person never shows off. While playing MIRUTHANGAM he tend see side ways up and down (so many reactions). I asked him why you do all these things? he replied I never know that I am doing all these things

NT might closely watched some VIDWAN before playing MIRUTHANGA CHAKRAVARTHI. people who does not know natural element or behaviour one adopts during day to day life will not be able to appreciate particular character reaction which will come automatically without knowing.

Even in THANGAPATHAKAM NT will enter very silently (KRV death scene) and slowly reacts to the situation before blown out. This is normal humanbeing reaction and each tend to react differently.Some may cry silently/some may express loudly.
    Here people labelled as over acting.

I have noticed criticism about face expression. NT use to give face expression in close up shots(nowadays noone dare to do that).Have any one watched your father or brother /sister/neighbour while reacting to the situation? just absorb their body language and face expression. You will appreciate NT performance.

regards
    ramesh

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    groucho070,
    Regarding e-kalappai,I sent you a Personal message.Pls chk your PM.
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to bring this again. But wanted to share this with you.

When someone asked about his over-acting to the great NADIGAR THILAGAM, he said

(Please forgive me since I donno the exact words)

"Actors are like ink in a pen. The one who writes with that pen (directors) have their own writing style. Sometime, while writing, it might look a bit BOLD (He refer to Over-acting here) and most of the time it might look normal. So, ultimately if people are telling that I am over-acting then it depends on HOW MY DIRECTOR WANTED ME TO PERFORM RATHER THAN MYSELF DOING THAT"

Veterans, I heard this information in a TVShow. NOt sure about the source as well.. Just a recollection. If I am wrong, please correct me
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    pls dont waste time justifying sivaji's acting. he is an imayam. avar thotta sigaram thaan nadippu. avar nidippin encyclopaedia. matra nadigar ellaam andha encyclopaedia lErndhu sila pagudhigalai eduththu kollalaam thavira sivajiyiin uyaraththai thoda mudiyaadhu.

avan thaan manidhan (which was the inspiration for uyarndha ullam) has this brilliant song....

aattuviththaal yaaroruvar aadaadhaarE kannaa
    aasai ennum thottililE aadaadhaarE kannaa
    nee nadaththum naadagaththil naanum undu
    en nizhalil kooda anubavaththin sOgam undu
    pagaivalargalai naanum vellvEn
    aanal nanbaridam thOtruvittEn paasaththaalE

kadalalavu kidaiththaalum mayanga maattEn
    adhu kai alavE aanaalum kalanga maattEn
    ullaththilE ulladhudhaan ulagam kannaa
    adhai unarndhu kondEn thunbam yaavum vilagum kannaa
    unarndhu kondEn thunbam yaavum vilagum kannaa

panjaali unnidaththil sElai kEttal
    andha parththan avan unnidaththil geethai kEttan
    naan irukum nilaiyil unnai enna kEtpEn
    innum nanmai seidhu thunbam vaangum ullam kEtpEn
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Phew!!! When I saw Nov's name I thought we NT hubbers are in trouble. Thank god, he's here to share his delight as well.

As for the song, its one of the best scene in the movie. A fantasy scene in an otherwise realistic movie.

Nov, I think there is one word change in that line. It should read, "unarnthu kondal tunbam ellam vilagum kannaa".

What a great line for those with trouble. I mean who don't have problem, but listening this line (and of course, "Unakkul Kizhe Ullavar Kodi" line), you just get on with the life.

And who can forget the other song, Manithan Ninaippathundu. Again, simple picturisation. He just walks and walks (this scene follows the graveyard scene I mentioned earlier), and its the walk and the facial expression that does most of the work.

More, when I get to see it this weekend.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys Mudhal Mariyadhai too had fantastic acting repetoire by sivaji even though there was more focus on the story and vadivukarasi's performance in the film.

Watch the scenes when his emotions just flow when he is tied between a love which he rather have and a marriage that he does not want to disgrace. And especially the scenes towards the climax when he has to answer alot of criticisms from the village people. Neither his body language nor dialogue delivery cast their stamp...its just his emotions all the way through.

I enjoyed watching this movie for the songs and the rustic realism displayed by bharathiraja in the film. But this was also the first exponent of Sivaji's immaculate talent to me. I never knew who sivaji was till i saw this movie. Such swift display of emotions when he wonders whether to pursue his love and drop the marriage or just get on with his already miserabler life.

I also liked his dheiva magan film. It really is soulful and makes you heart melt when he lets his body language do the talking for the disformed sivaji. Its like your really staring at a handicapped who wishes to be sympathised with.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rakesh,
    long before I became a moderator, I was initiated as a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by groucho070
    Again, simple picturisation. He just walks and walks (this scene follows the graveyard scene I mentioned earlier), and its the walk and the facial expression that does most of the work.
    this reminds me of his acting with Asokan in "andha naal gnyaabagam nenjilE vandhadhE nanbanE nanbanE nanbanE
    indha naal andru pOl inbamaai illaiyE adhu En En En nanbanE"

what a song! what an acting! :hatsoff:
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!