11 22.45%
  • Post 2003

0 0%
Page 164 of 166 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166 LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1652

Thread: Films of Mani Ratnam

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ennathu Nayagan peak ah? Appo iruvar ellam enanga? For me iruvar was still his best..
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    ennathu Nayagan peak ah? Appo iruvar ellam enanga? For me iruvar was still his best..
    Do not bother to reply to Anban when it comes to Mani Ratnam, Rajinikanth, AR Rahman and Hindi movies.
    And those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Anban's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    saw Neerparavai trailer in theatres..

Mani saar.. ungal Kadal padamum ithuvum orey kathaikkalam-nu oorukkulla seekiram pesuvaangannu nenaikkiren..
    Top glamorous heroines, top comedian, Oscar winning MD, commercial Director, expensive wig and other big list of commercial items irunthum thaathaa padam flop .. itha vida enna asingam venum ..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched some parts of Roja...

One scene where Roja was crying and requesting the minister for the release of Arvind in Tamil and Nasser translating that. At one point minister stops Nasser signalling him that he can understand through the emotions itself ... Superb Direction!!
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Book review of Conversation with Maniratnam.

http://hawkeyeview.blogspot.in/2012/...aniratnam.html

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
    Book review of Conversation with Maniratnam.

http://hawkeyeview.blogspot.in/2012/...aniratnam.html
    excellent analysis.....talks very well abt Brangan's over-enthusiasm looking for things that are not there ......and his comparison of 2 movies based on some common thread is irritating as said by the author.......i mean, mausam and rockstar - get life man......

but still the book is really worth buying....

"In those moments you realize that Mani is a sharp thinker and a remarkably balanced person"
    "I just wanted to read Mani's remarkable clarity of thought, whatever is the question"

mouth watering
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY View Post
    excellent analysis.....talks very well abt Brangan's over-enthusiasm looking for things that are not there ......and his comparison of 2 movies based on some common thread is irritating as said by the author.......i mean, mausam and rockstar - get life man......

but still the book is really worth buying....

"In those moments you realize that Mani is a sharp thinker and a remarkably balanced person"
    "I just wanted to read Mani's remarkable clarity of thought, whatever is the question"

mouth watering
    Another reason to buy "A.R.Rahman's foreword was actually very impressive. It was a great start to the book."

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A balance within frames

Southern Stars on CNN-IBN features director Mani Ratnam on November 3 at noon and 8 p.m.

Southern Stars on CNN-IBN has been featuring actors, filmmakers, musicians and singers from the Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Kannada film industries.

This week, the programme features director Mani Ratnam who speaks about filmmaking. Actors such as Shah Rukh Khan, Ajay Devgn, Madhavan and Madhoo talk about working with one of India’s most popular filmmakers.

An MBA with no formal education in filmmaking, Mani Ratnam began his cinema experiment with Kannada film Pallavi Anu Pallavi (1983). The story was an exploration of a relationship between a younger man and an older woman.

It would star as its male lead an unknown face then, but one that would dominate Indian cinema a few years later — Anil Kapoor.

Later, he was to stun viewers with Mouna Ragam. Films such as the trend-setting Nayagan (in Time magazine’s All Time 100 Best Films List in 2005), Agni Nakshatram, Anjali and Thalapathy sealed his place as a sought-after director.

With Roja, he took that spot a notch up, making the entire country sit up and take notice. Since that film, a lot of his movies have acquired a political tone — such as in Bombay.

But, in between there always have been films such as Alaipayuthey, Kannathil Muthamittaal, Ayutha Ezhuthu, Guru and Raavan treading different territories.

As for now, the viewers are waiting for the release of his Kadal.

Mani Ratnam speaks

To be a director, you don’t have to know everything; you don’t have to know even cinematography, editing, or music, but you should be able to ask for them. So, not knowing liberates you into asking anything. For instance, if I’m told ‘you can’t shoot here, the exposure is four time more’, to me it pushes my knowledge further.

ACTORS ON MANI RATNAM

Shah Rukh Khan

I think every actor worth his or her salt should get an opportunity to learn from Mani Ratnam.

Ajay Devgn

He is much in love with his work. He has a kind of passion that a lot of people don’t. He is so much into his work that he falls ill. I think he is obsessed with his work, which is the best part about him.

Madhavan

When Mani sir defines a character and says he believes in you, you know you can’t go wrong. The beauty is that he doesn’t let his actors go wrong; you seldom come across an actor who has performed badly in a Mani Ratnam film.

Madhoo

He kept studying me — the way I sat, slept… — when I was in a shot. So, I got to be myself in Roja — you know, even driving the tractor, blowing bubbles, playing cricket with the boys… That was all me. Basically, that girl in Roja was me.

(Catch this week’s programme at noon and 8 p.m. on November 3 and at 1.30 p.m. and 10 p.m. the next day)

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/radio-a...cle4054241.ece

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mani Ratnam, the man behind unique cinema, stars

http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/303708/...ema-stars.html

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guess who is this....

Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!