Thread: Tani Avartanam

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber viggop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tani Avartanam

can anyone tell me about this? At the end of the concert, the percussion instrument like mridangam,ghatam will be played and this is known as "tani avartanam".
    What do these percussionists play? Do they keep changing the talas and change the speeds? Is that what is involved here?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber viggop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks rajraj but I still do not understand the technical terms a lot.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Viggop see this and let me know if you still want to know better

http://planetmridangam.tripod.com/Mr...m/article4.htm

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taniavartanam in simple words is best described as Percussion round in a Carnatic concert.... I dont want to elaborate on anything here... In this all percussion instruments play one after the other in turn. They establish the personality of their instrument and also exhibit the skill when performing together. They showcase the various rhythm patterns and tones that can be heard from the percussion instruments. A lot of mathematics is also invloved in this, but as novice listener it is best to identify the similar patterns played on Mridangam and being followed by others. Then once the individual rounds are completed everyone club and combine to a grand finale at the end and they are led by the Mridangist. Most of the part is thought out and produced right on stage. I have not explained about the mathematics invloved and have try to put everything in layman terms.... No post any specific doubts and I willl try to clear them
    Neo Converts are More Religious than the Natives Themselves