Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What Next For Rajnikant?

Senior Member Regular Hubber Poornima's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What Next For Rajnikant?

after chandramukhi's super success, talks are already taking rounds on rajnikant's next movie. a project with dharani for am rathnam, one with saran for kavithalaya and one with raja for editor mohan are the top-line assumptions at this point of time. but i personally feel that post-CM, it calls for a major shift in rajni's acting career. this success can actually prove disastrous if not taken in the right perspective.

one, CM has proved that a rajni movie actually doesn't need the patronage of his so-called die-hard fans who like to see him doing superhuman stunts and political propaganda for it to be successful. this, no doubt, is a good sign. it can bolster an initiative towards better films from his side, where he can play his age (even almost) and still be dignified and thoroughly entertaining. something like how bachchan graduated to more mature roles.

but the problem is that present-day rajnikant is a much bigger star than what bachchan was during the end of his hero days. understandably, he has to keep the star charisma intact with run-of-the-mill entertainers. he can probably do all-out actioners/comedies and follow them up with some off-beat stuff, by turn. it's time for him to shun teen heroines on screen, the cigarette flicks and sunglass swiping and go back to where he left last at dharmadurai and dalapathy. and please, no more stupid graphics (i've always wondered whether there are actually people who like such stuff. why would he keep repeating this? as someone who admires him, it's a big embarassment watching such scenes). also it's time he turned to young prodigies like selvaraghavan for an image makeover.

he doesn't have anything to prove, maybe. but he certainly owes one to the admirers of his talent. admirers who've always maintained that he has always been a brilliant actor who never got his due. but the big question is, would he take cue or just return to k.s. ravikumar for another bandaa special?

what's your take?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well Poornima,I am no Rajni fan(as you will know) but your post was interesting enough for me to come here.The main point is, for Rajni's career to take a different way,the price of his products HAS to come down.As long as there is pressure on him(from himself or others)to deliver films which rake in the moolah like no man's business,the dilemma,the long gaps,the indecisiveness will remain.He has to first decide whether he is motivated enough to do films.If yes,what's the motivation-Money or satisfaction of having exploited atleast a little of his potential.He has delivered huge commercial successes,it's the talent which has taken a beating.To start with,he has to forget the money,then thro the media, condition his fans&public alike that his next movie will be different.Price it low,cut the trappings&media hype,get a image makeover&then release it.It might become a disappointment but it won't pinch the pocket.Do it over 3 to 4 movies&the public will get used to it.But Dharani,Raja&KSR are not the right kind of ppl to do that.I have not seen CM,so cannot say if he has indeed tried to move away(a little)from the image trap( the trailors don't seem to give any indication of this)but if he has,it's a step in the right direction.To move further is in the hands of fans like you.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poornima

I agree with your post, it would be great to c superb* star do a DON type of films like Baasha, but I am not keen on the fact that he sings duets with youn heroines, he is simple too cool & old for this, this applys to his fellow senior Kamal ji too!

after seeig CM , esp the vetai Raja Rajni, I just went back about 20 years ago to remember what a great & talented actor he was, he is an actor par excellence
    but some thing went wrong from mid 90's, his fans expect extraordinary image from him, he had to live
    with it, he is and was in dharma Sankatam state, i really feel sorry for him at times, due to the immense pressure inflicted on him
    from has fans, after all, he is a human being not a super man

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    //but the problem is that present-day rajnikant is a much bigger star than what bachchan was during the end of his hero days//

1)proof? for bachan's image smaller in his end-hero days??

1a)if so why wasnt CM released all over india?

2)is he being bigger a PROBLEM? i thought u will think the otherway. he he
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghu
    but some thing went wrong from mid 90's, his fans expect extraordinary image from him, he had to live
    with it, he is and was in dharma Sankatam state, i really feel sorry for him at times, due to the immense pressure inflicted on him
    from has fans, after all, he is a human being not a super man
    Please read this post in a neutral way. The pressure rajni faces was once created by him, his punch dialogs, but he himself realaised and bit underplayed in CM, which i liked, but some disagreed that its not an old rajni films...leave it there.

Now rajni is very calm, and CM success also made hm happy.

what i feel is he must stop acting, come to politics. Thats it,
    If not now, atleast after 5 yrs.That too will excite his fans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
    //but the problem is that present-day rajnikant is a much bigger star than what bachchan was during the end of his hero days//

1)proof? for bachan's image smaller in his end-hero days??

1a)if so why wasnt CM released all over india?

2)is he being bigger a PROBLEM? i thought u will think the otherway. he he
    Bachan's fame was largley due to the fact he acted in the national Language film(hindi), which has wider audience than regional languages like , so every actor acted in Hindi is known to all in India, even actors like Govinda.

But from south, many normal mumbai wallahs;s don't know much south Indian actors, except Rajni,Kamal and Chranjeeve(to some extent), this applies to all, SPB is a far better singer than Rafi, if u ask a mumbai wallah, he would not know who SPB is, but all of them would have heard his voice and his blockbusters like Maine Pyar Kiya, saajan, Ek Duche kiliye,..etc. , but all Indian know who Rafi is cos he sang in the national language(hindi) so he was bound to famous no matter what, if SPB was born and bought in delhi and became Hindi singer, and Rafi in south, it would be totaly different story!

Did Amitabh act in Tamil film?
    Did Rafi sing any mallu /Tamil song?

The fact remains, that Rajnikanth is the HIGHEST paid actor in India, does it not prove something?

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now rajni is very calm, and CM success also made hm happy.

what i feel is he must stop acting, come to politics. Thats it,
    If not now, atleast after 5 yrs.That too will excite his fans.
    Sorry machi, ungaali padam Chandramuki oothikichi... Minimum Guarantee kooda collect pannele in NSC-Chennai (source - sify)

Tamil Politics pathi rasini thathavukku enna theriyum? Ramadas' votes have been PROVEN to be more than a match to rasini's "prepaid" fanclubs...

Post Thanks / Like
    But from south, many normal mumbai wallahs;s don't know much south Indian actors, except Rajni,Kamal and Chranjeeve(to some extent),

So why cant rajni try north india too???he he he

//Did Amitabh act in Tamil film?
    Did Rafi sing any mallu /Tamil song? //

Ha Ha Ha even arnold didnt act in tamil.so he is not great than ur rajni, huh?

//The fact remains, that Rajnikanth is the HIGHEST paid actor in India, does it not prove something? //

surely. it proves that sify is a rajni jalra.

Post Thanks / Like
    But from south, many normal mumbai wallahs;s don't know much south Indian actors, except Rajni,Kamal and Chranjeeve(to some extent),

So why cant rajni try north india too???he he he

//Did Amitabh act in Tamil film?
    Did Rafi sing any mallu /Tamil song? //

Ha Ha Ha even arnold didnt act in tamil.so he is not great than ur rajni, huh?

//The fact remains, that Rajnikanth is the HIGHEST paid actor in India, does it not prove something? //

surely. it proves that sify is a rajni jalra.
    Thanks , you have indeed proved your intelligence, after all I was expecting this from Crap(B)s and his fellow aquatics.

GOOD BYE

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Imayamalai

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast