Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What Next For Rajnikant?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard that Rajini is gonna act with Dharani and KS RaviKumar. I am sure Dharani's movie will be more of an action packed one like DHOOL, where Rajini can really do all his tricks and satisfy his fans completely, provided the screenplay is good. And with KSR, if at all he decides to do JAGGUBHAI, it will be more of a performance-oriented role (Playing a terrorist). So it looks like he's gonna mix both aspects of it.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rajni on CM's audio release told that Jaggubhai's story was similar to baadshah and thence he dropped that.. What the heck.. who cares.. that wud hav been another blockbuster like baadshah.. but i personally feel that its high time rajni decides to do some performance oriented movies.. not like CM of course.. something like mullum malarum where he excelled in his performance and his heroism with his dialogue delivery and all..

Senior Member Senior Hubber nickraman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    He should focus more on retirement, CM was sooo retarded, it's all song and dance, no plot, no theme, vulgar jokes continue, Old men dancing like Big "B" and flirting with young girls, the list goes on....

Jyothika stole the show, not Thatha, not Gunda, not Sunda [slang for sundari]
    "aaj ka mera hey, kalka thera hey, side-dish pagoda hey, ye hey life hey"

Senior Member Senior Hubber Alien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ha ha ha

Senior Member Regular Hubber Poornima's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    crab, nickraman and vasanth_luv, this is the first time i'm talking to you and i hate myself for that. but please, you guys have had varying degrees of success in tanking the other discussion. i request you to please stay off this one at least, if your sole agenda in life is to get frustrated at rajnikant's continuing success and cutting sorry figures in front of others. you can carry your good work in other threads, please.

"but the problem is that present-day rajnikant is a much bigger star than what bachchan was during the end of his hero days//

1)proof? for bachan's image smaller in his end-hero days??

1a)if so why wasnt CM released all over india?

2)is he being bigger a PROBLEM? i thought u will think the otherway. he he"

proof - bachchan's flops after his comeback as hero:
    mrityudaata, kohraam, suryavamsham, laal badshah, major saab, aks, boom and more. the only hit as hero has been bade miyan chote miyan, that too largely for the david dhawan - govinda draw. i'm talking about the movies where he played hero, before he moved to character roles.

CM was not released all over india because there is no solid audience for south indian movies in the north. because it was not dubed, because it wasn't made as a bilingual, because the producers didn't want it to probably... what's the point? when i say rajni is a bigger star than bachchan after his comeback, i mean to say amitabh CANNOT ensure an initial pull for his solo starrers in any part of india similar to the one which is guaranteed for a rajni movie in the south. this is in no ways to discredit bachchan, who acording to me is the greatest star-actor this country has ever seen.

he being a bigger star is INDEED a problem for him as an actor. unlike kerala, where mohanlal and mammootty can experiment with their roles and still rake in the money, rajnikant is at a disadvantage being in tamil nadu where he's expected to tread a particular route time and again. bachchan could move to better, performance-oriented roles 'coz he was smart enough to realise that his days as angry young man were over and he made a quite shift. and it paid off. rajnikant's days as the formulaic hero are far from over, as the mega success of CM proves. you get the drift?

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poornima
    crab, nickraman and vasanth_luv, this is the first time i'm talking to you and i hate myself for that. but please, you guys have had varying degrees of success in tanking the other discussion. i request you to please stay off this one at least, if your sole agenda in life is to get frustrated at rajnikant's continuing success and cutting sorry figures in front of others. you can carry your good work in other threads, please.

"but the problem is that present-day rajnikant is a much bigger star than what bachchan was during the end of his hero days//

mrityudaata, kohraam, suryavamsham, laal badshah, major saab, aks, boom and more. the only hit as hero has been bade miyan chote miyan, that too largely for the david dhawan - govinda draw. i'm talking about the movies where he played hero, before he moved to character roles.

CM was not released all over india because there is no solid audience for south indian movies in the north. because it was not dubed, because it wasn't made as a bilingual, because the producers didn't want it to probably... what's the point? when i say rajni is a bigger star than bachchan after his comeback, i mean to say amitabh CANNOT ensure an initial pull for his solo starrers in any part of india similar to the one which is guaranteed for a rajni movie in the south. this is in no ways to discredit bachchan, who acording to me is the greatest star-actor this country has ever seen.

he being a bigger star is INDEED a problem for him as an actor. unlike kerala, where mohanlal and mammootty can experiment with their roles and still rake in the money, rajnikant is at a disadvantage being in tamil nadu where he's expected to tread a particular route time and again. bachchan could move to better, performance-oriented roles 'coz he was smart enough to realise that his days as angry young man were over and he made a quite shift. and it paid off. rajnikant's days as the formulaic hero are far from over, as the mega success of CM proves. you get the drift?
    rasini thatha is not as big as you think... Ramadas' votes are bigger than Rajini's fanclub membership!!

I think its high time he retires quietly without much ado to avoid any more shame or disastrous confrontation with Kamal films

Rajini never grasped TN politics... so he is not fit for that... His style is outdated, so he is not fit for cine career too...

Dhanush maaplekku manjal araithu kodukka time selavu panna vendiyadhu thaan inime...May be, his second daughter may act as heroine in a Kamal film.!!!

Baba's losses have removed all profits and goodwill receied form Rajini's films in the nineties... Now that Chandramuki is struggling to even recover its Minimum Guarantee (source - sify)... its end of options for Rasini thatha (in Rediff's words)

After baba's destruction, many Rajini fanclubs were converted into Ajith fanclubs in southern districts....Now there are 20,000 registered fanclubs for Rajini and almost 50,000 registered fanclubs for Ajith!!!!

Alas... history will remember rasini thatha as a loser...nothing more nothing less

Clearly, its a different world now!!!!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe what Rajini needs is a good Director. May be K. Balachander could do a Swayamvaram like movie by getting hold of all his former & present proteges.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poornima

1)no one can stop others from posting the threads. if moderator deletes some persons post and is single mindid, then one can open a seperate thread for it. thats the speciality here, u cant close some ones mouth, and vice verse.

2) To put it simple, the success of rajni lies mainly in his speed and style, which he lack very much now......apart, he is/was a vasoolraja in TN & places where Tamilians reside. and to some extent in Japan too.Thats not a gr8 acheivement when comparing all india level.......there were & are VAsoolrajas all over india in different kinda states\categories. Rajni has not givena Titanic, not He is not an All-Indian Star, He may be known\bit famous in all parts of india, like kamal.Thatsall. Rajni can draw paralells but cannot be trmed the most BO claiming Star of india.

Kamal has multiple talentsm got sufficient failiures which were considered worthy classical, meaning and bringing his filmi talents and versetailities, This i known all over india. He works in multiple Filmi departments and almost succeded in all including mass hero ship and BO conquirement. In that way, Rjani cant be compared withKamal itself, i indial level. So comparoing, or bringing Amithaabh in linies between Rajni's capability is an all indian ridicule.
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sanguine Sridhar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoba
    I believe what Rajini needs is a good Director. May be K. Balachander could do a Swayamvaram like movie by getting hold of all his former & present proteges.
    Rajini shld work under K.S.Ravikumar/Dharani

Senior Member Regular Hubber Poornima's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Kamal has multiple talentsm got sufficient failiures which were considered worthy classical, meaning and bringing his filmi talents and versetailities"

god, why are you hell-bent on this, man? is this discussion about kamal's talents??? please don't trigger another rajni-kamal debate here 'coz this is not the thread for that. why don't you just take a hike and post a thread on how big a hit his next movie is going to be in ettuppatti and timbuktu??

and bachchan was brought in 'coz there was a question whether rajni should take bachchan's route and try more serious roles. what national ridicule are you talking about? however hard you close your eyes, the fact remains that are only three superstars in india now - rajnikant, chiranjeevi and shah rukh khan, not necessarily in that order.

again, the topic we are on is about what his movies should look like from now.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast