Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Geetanjali

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Geetanjali

Dear all,

Has any one seen AVM's Geetanjali, if so what are your views about the characters in the series, and how many episodes are there?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    my view abt geetha anjali

it seems to me that the director takes this serial just to torture the audience. This is one of the worest serial ever made.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by akila3
    my view abt geetha anjali

it seems to me that the director takes this serial just to torture the audience. This is one of the worest serial ever made.
    Of late this has become very confusing and disgusting!!, I agree with u akila

Senior Member Senior Hubber usha_pooja's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe Geetanjali is very absive cos Madhu is so absive to Geeta i think that so unacceptable. I think da director should start makin some changes. Also Kannan should stop actin lik a puppet n start makin some changes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Article found on da serial from the hindu website
    GENERALLY A wailing heroine, a scheming second lead, a suffering mother [if she has no husband it's even better], a wayward husband — these broad lines should suffice for a television writer to go for his kill. And what ensues is a serial that has innumerable plots and sub-plots that meander through many an irksome terrain.

Insensitive depiction

What is appalling is the insensitive depiction of women, and strangely it is women viewers who lap it all up and crave for more. "Geethanjali", for instance. The serial on Raj began in a reasonably interesting manner. The storyline could only be stretched up to a point. Once they began to overdo things, it failed to sustain interest. But even there you had the common factors of a working couple, a widowed mother, an extra-marital affair — and later, ever so many things. There's a scene in which the young widow (Yuvashri) is told in no uncertain terms that adorning your hair with flowers and sporting a bindi are privileges not all get! Regression at its zenith you could say. Only a dearth of ideas could result in such retrograde concepts. "Geethanjali" was never sublime. But, of late, it borders on the ridiculous. And it's not "Geethanjali" alone. There are ever so many that are similar to this serial.

At one end of the spectrum you have a naïve, dutiful, blindly devoted wife — even if the writing is on the wall that her husband is unfaithful to her, she can only blame the other woman and not him. And, on the other, is the sinister, heartless and constantly conspiring woman, whose hobby is revenge for revenge sake. She doesn't even need an excuse to be evil. She just goes on a scheming spree with the sole purpose of protracting the soap just like the one in "Anandham" on Sun.

You also come across a stupid, timid girl, pitted against a whole lot of alligators in human form. She tries to play martyr but appears downright foolish. The daughter is in an abysmal state of despair and her mother is unable to sense that there's something amiss! Women are not only unnaturally good or entirely bad they are also shown as being dim-witted and lacking in perception. "Kalyani" is the name of this fare on Vijay. Thankfully it's over and done with.

Mediocre fare

Be it bearing children out of wedlock, polygamy or using sex as a weapon to make or mar a family, nothing is wrong, as far as these serial queens are concerned. Of course, except when they decide to be righteous! Amidst such mediocre stuff, only weeklies such as "Chidambara Rahasiyam" and creators like Naga offer a glimmer of hope.

Soaps need not aim at elevating the mindset of viewers or present significant points of view for them to ponder about. At the least they could be realistic and at the most, rewarding. Normally they are neither.

[/b]

Post Thanks / Like
    Produced by A. V. M. K. Shanmugham and directed by Gopi Bhimsingh, the story (written by Raj Prabhu) follows the travails of the Srinivasans. Srinivasan, a clerk, and his affectionate wife Meenakshi, raise their four daughters to the best of their ability. Their eldest child, Mythili's husband turns out to be a wastrel. As a result she faces difficulties in bringing up her two children. Srinivasan's third-born, Anusuya, is a gutsy one. During the course of an interview with a minister, she slaps him when he tries to misbehave with her. The youngest daughter, Kaveri, lands in prison when in trying to save herself from the correspondent of her school, who tried to rape her, she ends up killing him. At this hour of crisis, Srinivasan's seniors in office, Madhumitha and Kannan, come to his aid. Tune in to find out how things shape out for the Srinivasan family. The cast includes Deepa Venkat, Bharat Kalyan, Raman Nair, Mali, Shilpa, Seetha and Roopasri.

The above information is what da serial is abt i found on the hindu website n this came abt 2 yrs ago

Post Thanks / Like
    Usha_pooja

Are you in London?, u watch Geetanjali from CEE(I)TV, if so you probably know me from CEE(I)TV

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghu
    Usha_pooja

Are you in London?, u watch Geetanjali from CEE(I)TV, if so you probably know me from CEE(I)TV
    Hi Raghu,
    Sorry i dont hv cee tv but i got deepam tv so i watch it from deepam tv which is a sometime but my mum watches it often whenever shes free.

anyway nice meeting u n take care
    from usha

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by usha_pooja
    Usha_pooja

Hi Raghu,
    Sorry i dont hv cee tv but i got deepam tv so i watch it from deepam tv which is a sometime but my mum watches it often whenever shes free.

from usha
    Hi

You have Deepam TV,

Did you use to watch a program called 'Thakida Thakida', do you know Sumathy akka who reads the evening news?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by usha_pooja
    Usha_pooja

Hi Raghu,

from usha
    Hi

You have Deepam TV,

Did you use to watch a program called 'Thakida Thakida', do you know Sumathy akka who reads the evening news?
    Hiya
    I seen Sumathy akka on tv but i dont know her very well. Also, i used 2 watch thakida thakida before. Did u take part in da show? Well, i dont go on television cos i dont hv da time n i dont bother.

take care
    from usha

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast