Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A.R.Rahman's next Project "PULI" with Vijay

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

A.R.Rahman's next Project "PULI" with Vijay

Puli will be Vijay’s next project after Sivakasi. It will be directed by S.J. Surya. This pair is coming together for the first time after the runaway hit Kushi. Appachan who produced Friends some years ago is the man behind Puli. In this film, Vijay plays a cop called Puli Pandian. May be a take at Rajini’s Alex Pandian or Satyaraj’s Walter Vetrivel or Vijayakanth’s Honest Raj

http://www.behindwoods.com/News/8-6-05/vijay.htm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dun thinks its ARRahman man!
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    What make you think so?

I hope It is ARR . This project could be RAHMANS perfect movie to make an authoritative final punch in TFM. This could be the perfet commercial success ARR fans have been waiting for in the past 3 yrs.

The reasin being, 1. Vijay is the mass hero, similair to Rajni in a way lesser way. SSo if this is gonna be a hit rest assured the songs would reach all corners of TFM, including Kuppams and Kopurams!

I think ARR should take this Instead of A/C. If he can do both great! Infact I think this should be his choice over the latest Surya Movie for Kalaipulli Dhanu.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is not for being rude, but which A R Rahman movie was the latest box office succes??? Has there been any ARR blockbusters after Thenali???

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you think that ARR is solely responsible for BO success of the films?? thats good

How about NEW?? is that by any chance a flop or not a better hit than thenali though it did not hav a big star like kamal??

Did you find anything wrong in his music after thenali?? KM got a national award dude.. and everybody knows about the music of KKS, AE etc..,

nice try, dude!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Inters rahman did not have BO success with his movies true, but no NEW was a HIT! No one expected it to run more than 19 days! S J Suryah infact said in one of the functions that New's good opening was entirely Rahmans credit, he was glad he was able to sustain the openung. I think he also said he expects the same for A Aa ( at that time it was BF!)

Boys was a decent hit, and the only reason for it being decent was his music!

But I think rahman chose very bad projects, and the good ones he choose ended up in trouble! He has had terrible luck with his moves being stalled. Now look at GF , after all the expectations that movies being dumped! Look at what happened to JakkuBhai! he just doesnt have luck with tamil anymore! And his best director Maniratnam has started doing pure arty movies so that itself spells doom at the box office!

I think rahman should just a aa , a/c, Puli and mani ratnam movies for the moment.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    well ARR's bad run at the box office is a concern for the last few yrs......but look at the projects that he was in - Boys,KKS,Udhaya,swades,bose......now u tell me y wud anyone watch life history o Bose or infact who wud believe that someone leaves NASA to work in Vikram Sarabhai space center......so it was all script fault and nuthin to do with music.....unfortunately it has been ARR who has been carrying all the bad name........

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    having said that nobody wud leave USA for India(swades)- i liked the movie a lot and is one of my all time fav.......its just so dissapointing to see such a movie bombing at the BO......ppl. gave this as the answer for calling it a bad movie- that they did not believe anyone wud leave NASA for India.....

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    having said that nobody wud leave USA for India(swades)- i liked the movie a lot and is one of my all time fav.......its just so dissapointing to see such a movie bombing at the BO......ppl. gave this as the answer for calling it a bad movie- that they did not believe anyone wud leave NASA for India.....
    SHAHRUKH KHAN HIMSELF SAID THAT HE WASNT EXPECTING ANY HIT FROM SWADES LIKE HIS OTHER MOVIES (MASALA). IT IS OBVIOUS THAT ASHUTHOSH CHOOSE SUCH A SCRIPT AFTER HIGH EXPECTATIONS FROM THE LAGAAN DIRECTOR. THATS WHY EVEN AAMIR TOO DOING RISING (MANGAL PANDEY) AFTER LAGAAN. IF YOU LOOK AT THE NEXT PROJECT OF AAMIR "RANG DE BASANTHI" IT HAS GOT SOME PEPPY NOS AND EXPECTED TO BE A COMMERCIAL MOVIE (SONG WITH DALER MEHANDI). SWADES SCRIPT LACKS PACE WHEN COMPARED TO LAGAAN THOU BOTH ARE 3 1/2 HRS MOVIE AND THAT MAY BE THE REASON WHY IT BOMBED IN BO.

GUYS GIVE MR/ASHUTHOSH A BREAK. ANYONE CAN DO A MASALA MOVIE/MUSIC. CARVING SOMETHING LIKE ROJA, BOMBAY, KM, LAGAAN, SWADES, BOSE IS EXCEPTIONAL...

ROJA, BOMBAY, LAGAAN ETC CANT BE TERMED AS COMMERCIAL MOVIES BUT THE SCRIPT,SCREENPLAY,DIRECTION AND THE TIME OF RELEASE MADE THE DIFFERENCE TO MAKE IT A HIT COMMERCIALLY.

THE FACT IS ARR ALWAYS ROCKS.

I AM EAGERLY AWAITING FOR THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF NATIONAL AWARDS FOR SWADES AND AE(SCREENPLAY & CINEMATOGRAPHY). THEN YOU KNOW HOW GREAT THESE MOVIES AND CREW WERE .

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dinesh2002
    i dun thinks its ARRahman man!
    btw, how many movies does SJS doing?

a) AA AAH
    b) A/C (Simbu)
    c) Puli
    d) Isai
    e) One More with Surya

Does SJS needs more publicity??? Why ARR has to be associated in all his projects if there is no authenticity.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast