Page 11 of 83 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Movies You would Recommend Others to Watch

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    yah, i too like this film and presentation style.
    selva's pudupetai is also inspired from this only....

Quote Originally Posted by Anoushka
    City of God was a good movie. It was about two boys growing up in a violent area in Rio de Janeiro.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am writing a one line review for the some of the movies I saw in recent weeks.The movies might have been recommended by some other hubber earlier in this thread.

Sorry if that is the case.

1)Shawshank redemption:Gr8 movie with top-of-the line performences by Morgan Freeman&Tim Robbins.

The film eerily reminded me of 'Mahanadhi'-not due to story/screenplay but for the Jail ambience.
    In one of the dialogues Morgan says"every person has a breaking point".Hmmm,did kamal get so affected that he used the same dialogue(with more effect)in KuruthiPunal?

2)Italian Job:Good fun.Well made.

3)The Terminal:Interesting premise but was a bit of let down considering Steven Spielberg's exalted standards.But worth a watch just for Tom Hanks-Amazing performance.

4)Basic Instinct-Good thriller&Micheal Douglas gives an arresting performance.Sharon Stone is HOT but what I saw was a censored version

5)Meet the parents/Meet the Fockers :Excellent corny comedy.Ben Stiller&Robert De Niro form a damn good pair.The sequel was better than the first part.

6)Catch Me If you can:Fun film.Leonardo Di Caprio outshone Tom Hanks.

7)To Catch a Thief-Supposedly a Alfred Hitchcock classic but didn't impress me.
    Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of my all time favourites - As good as it gets - Jack Nicolson and Helen hunt!

And I like Tom Hanks in Cast Away
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    very true, anou,

jack and helen were amazing in the oscar-winning as good as it gets!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Folks!

Are you a western lover?

rent and watch "lonesome dove". I believe it was a TV-serial.

Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones were amazing.

One of the best westerns to date!

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't seen many new movies in the past couple of years, but out of the few I saw the ones that stayed in my mind are

Whale rider - I loved it so went and bought a DVD as well.
    Finding Nemo - saw it in the theatre twice... who said cartoons are for children?
    Hitchhikers Guide to Galaxy - I had read the book and I wasn't sure how they would be able to picturise everything, but it was brilliant! Marvin the paranoid android looked cute
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Anoushka..if you liked finding nemo you should check out The Incredibles and Monsters Inc.
    The two are amongst my fav movies of all times.Really really cool!

Post Thanks / Like
    ssanjinika: I loved Monsters Inc to bits I still haven't seen The Incredibles

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinefan
    1)Shawshank redemption:Gr8 movie with top-of-the line performences by Morgan Freeman&Tim Robbins.

The film eerily reminded me of 'Mahanadhi'-not due to story/screenplay but for the Jail ambience.
    In one of the dialogues Morgan says"every person has a breaking point".Hmmm,did kamal get so affected that he used the same dialogue(with more effect)in KuruthiPunal?
    hmmm ... interesting. didn't quite catch that line when i saw the film. as for the Kuruthipunal connection, 'Shawshank' was released in 1994, did KP hit the screens before or after that? i think it was after ...
    but then KP was a remake anyway, right ... remember g.nihalani's 'Drohkaal'?
    "Whenever I feel the need for exercise, I go and lie down for half an hour until the feeling passes." - Will Rogers

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinthiya

Philadelphia is another great movie of Tom Hanks...defintely one of his best performance as well...
    one of my favourite scenes from 'Philadelphia' is denzel washington summarizing his case for the jury, and his opening lines go something like this -
    "we're standing here in philadelphia, the city of brotherly love, the birthplace of freedom, where our founding fathers authored the declaration of independence, and I don't recall that glorious document saying anything like all straight men are created equal. i believe it says all men are created equal."
    "Whenever I feel the need for exercise, I go and lie down for half an hour until the feeling passes." - Will Rogers

Page 11 of 83 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast