Page 21 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Movies You would Recommend Others to Watch

Senior Member Senior Hubber Thiru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just finished watching 'Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind'.... Amazing movie... I mean I havent been inspired by a movie like this for a long time... I would recommend this movie to ppl who like Drama..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sinthiya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thiru...yeah it's an awesome movie....
    really makes you think - very twisted story..i watched it second time to really understand and then talked to my friends about it too...
    Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet were perfect....

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiru
    Just finished watching 'Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind'.... Amazing movie... I mean I havent been inspired by a movie like this for a long time... I would recommend this movie to ppl who like Drama..
    Jim Carrey has never done a character like this before. Totally unlike him

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "A walk to remember" starring mandy moore. Soundtracks from Switchfoot and Jars of Clay booming throughout the film makes it even more pleasing to watch.One thing worth noting about these pro christian bands is that they play music with lot more fervour than the usual rock bands. The end product -totally mesmerizing . A very good romantic movie. i give it a 9 out of 10.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched "Boys Town" last week - Spencer Tracy won an Oscar for his role as the priest who starts a home for orphaned boys. Really good film - the climax is a trifle overdone, but otherwise a nice film to watch.
    "Whenever I feel the need for exercise, I go and lie down for half an hour until the feeling passes." - Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alwarpet_andavan
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiru
    Jim Carrey has never done a character like this before. Totally unlike him
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Jim Carrey was even nominated for an Oscar for this performance. Hmm ... So much for recognition!
    It's strange how some of Carrey's most mature and sensitive works (The Truman Show, Man on the Moon, Eternal Sunshine) have gone completely unrecognized. Members of the Academy seem to have some kind of prejudice against this guy - 'coz if he's not winning anything for a film like this, when's he ever going to win?
    "Whenever I feel the need for exercise, I go and lie down for half an hour until the feeling passes." - Will Rogers

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just watched Good Bye and Good Luck this weekend. Please watch this movie if you get a chance.There are no twists and turns in this movie..but the way its made and the acting makes this movie simply superb.Also the dialogues are awesome and brings alive 1950s America.Didnt think George Clooney had it in him.Hats off!!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sinthiya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsri
    It's strange how some of Carrey's most mature and sensitive works (The Truman Show, Man on the Moon, Eternal Sunshine) have gone completely unrecognized. Members of the Academy seem to have some kind of prejudice against this guy - 'coz if he's not winning anything for a film like this, when's he ever going to win?
    i agree with you...i thought he acted very well in Eternal Sunshine too...very creative...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ssanjinika
    Didnt think George Clooney had it in him.Hats off!!
    He's really grown as an actor, hasn't he? I think 'One Fine Day' was the first film of his that I saw and I remember coming away completely unimpressed. But he's really matured as a performer now - some of his later works like 'Ocean's Eleven', 'O Brother Where Art Thou' and now 'Syriana' have established his acting credentials beyond doubt. It's good that he's being taken seriously now ...
    And I really liked his acceptance speech at the Oscars this time!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsri
    ... But he's really matured as a performer now - some of his later works like 'Ocean's Eleven', 'O Brother Where Art Thou' and now 'Syriana' have established his acting credentials beyond doubt. It's good that he's being taken seriously now ...
    And I really liked his acceptance speech at the Oscars this time!
    Loved "O Brother..." and "Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind"....

Yet to see Syriana and GNGL.....

Page 21 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast