Page 61 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Movies You would Recommend Others to Watch

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kannannn
    I am awaiting Tarantino's "Inglorious Bastards" with more enthusiasm though. Collaboration ellam namba aalukku othu varathu..
    So am I. In Four rooms, his room was the least impressive And I guess its high time he stops showing his face on screen. He looks ugly and can't act for f***'s sake Unfortunately at the grindhouse he is there in both the movies

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thilak4life
    Quote Originally Posted by thimuru
    BABEL - Nice one....one doubt...whats written in the paper written by thejapanese girl to the detective in the climax!

that plot is not necessary
    Now that I am going to sleep, I wanna write something. Now thats something interesting. Let's contemplate:

Spoilers ahead:

Deaf and dumb girl was desperate for sex. I think Jap girl's desperation is understandable, especially from the evidence of Japanese culture from different movies (J-pop J-urban embellishing 'hippie' society, not sure about accuracy ). Inarritu just went a level up showing it from a deaf-and-dumb girl’s perspective. And she sees her disability being the main reason for not having a guy in her life. In the restaurant , when a prick approaches her table (of deaf-and-dumb girls), he looks down at them with contempt and ridicules about them with his friends. She then shows her pussy to taunt them as if to say I can’t talk but I have a big ******.

She sees 'sex' , as the only mean to get a guy liking her. She couldn’t take it any longer. Even in the dressing room, a girl makes fun of her virginity. Even some of my friends(girls included) seem to think 'getting laid', super-cool, being 'hip' and some people think 'virginity' as a weakness , it's a social construct. there wasn't anyone groping her or staring right into her eyes, that must have distressed her in the disc. That might have been her worry/concern but I was trapped into that trick, an average viewer to feel for 'deaf people dancing in the disc with no sound.

considering her looks, she could have got someone easily. Yeah, there are questions unanswered like why she wasn't able to get a similar deaf-and-dumb guy. However, for all we know, she might be from a deaf-and-dumb school exclusively for girls. She may not have met someone like that.

'Being deaf and dumb doesn't prevent one from getting laid for so long.' - That coupled with her good looks seals the argument. I don't think anyone can counter that point without assumptions. All we can do is assume that, she is under a transitional phase of adolescence. She isn’t close to her father (even more because he is a hunter). Her mother's death could have been traumatic to her and she feels empty even more. This might have been one of the many reasons for her 'desperation'. Too many assumptions for the viewer, I guess! Nevertheless, one clear incongruity of her 'wanting a relationship' is, when she even tried to seduce the dentist. She wanted to loose her virginity more than anything else. Finally, the director seals it with her nude 'attempt' in the end.

Now what did she write in that letter? It could be anything!

1) She lied to the inspector about her mother jumping down the building.(her mom actually shot herself dead) Could it be to apologize for that lie?

2) Japanese society suffers from many fetish behaviour and incest cases, did she lodge a complaint against her father?
    haha, kidding!

3) did she plan to die? Maybe she wanted to jump from the balcony. But she changed her mind.

4) Maybe her father killed her mom..Maybe a confession letter..
    Or maybe she killed her mom...

5)It could be a simple 'sorry'! Or maybe a brief synopsis of her situation.

6) None of the above..

thank u thilak

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thimuru

thank u thilak
    Glad to be some help pal.

A movie that I would recommend to others: "That Obscure Object of Desire". Bunuel's shocking movie. If you like Surreal films, this is a must-watch. Even otherwise, it's pretty decent.

A Documentary that I would recommend/plead to be watched:" Root of all evil?" It's a must watch. Eye opener. Become an Atheist and live happily. Richard dawkins is God(metaphor) but God doesn't exist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just saw Deja Vu.

SPOILERS

It pretty much sounds, looks and feels like all other tony scott movies. It is a cross between Minority Report and Enemy of the State. But falls behind EOTS in pace and excitement. As usual Hollywood comes up with a new machine which could travel in space/time but dosen't come up with the concept the machine is built on. (At one point they claim the discovery to be a fluke)

Denzel does his role with ease although this isn't the kind of movie his name should be associated with.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Namesake : The movie moves at a slow pace but it was not boring . I really enjoyed this movie and the BGM was good . Irfan khan and Tabu was good in this movie. Kal Penn

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by great
    Pursuit of Happyness

Beautiful movie !!!

Will smith and W.Smith Jr was simply superb in this movie. ESp when smith was offered the post of broker , Smith acting was superb
    Particulary when he walks out of the office. Wonder how Will Smith missed the Oscar. Knockout performance.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah ......in death proof he was ok.....in planet terror he was
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    Quote Originally Posted by kannannn
    I am awaiting Tarantino's "Inglorious Bastards" with more enthusiasm though. Collaboration ellam namba aalukku othu varathu..
    So am I. In Four rooms, his room was the least impressive And I guess its high time he stops showing his face on screen. He looks ugly and can't act for f***'s sake Unfortunately at the grindhouse he is there in both the movies

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ppl said that davinci code is a bad movie. But i think its a passable one. Saw it yesterday.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amelie

Beautiful

Audrey Tautou :P was cute :P .

Its about a girl , Amelie, who tries to bring smile around her . The photography was really good . I liked the color used in this movie bright most of the times green color

Must watch movie.

Senior Member Senior Hubber kannannn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weekend of German Cinema - highly recommended movies.

The Downfall (Untergang, Der) - On the last days of Hitler based on accounts of his secretary who was with him in the Bunker during the war in Berlin. Great war scenes and very good acting. But it was a bit troubling to see the human side of him. A different take nonetheless from the Germans themselves.

The Edukators: Three anti-capitalists vandalise the houses of rich people, when they are away (they don't steal anything though). On one such occasion, things go wrong and they are forced to kidnap the owner of the house. As the film progresses, the viewers are forced to ask disturbing questions. The film boasts some powerful dialogues.

The kidnapped man: My father used to say - "To be below 30 and not be an idealist is without heart, to be above 30 and still be an idealist is without brains"

The same man on another occasion: You fight your young life against exploitation, live in the woods with comrades, then you marry, have kids, find a job to support them, and then one fine day you go to the polling station and vote conservative.
    "Why do we need filmmaking equipment?"
    "Because, Marcel, my sweet, we're going to make a film. Just for the Nazis."

Page 61 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast