Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your latest read?

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    some wer on the 3rd planet from the sun ......
    Post Thanks / Like
    i read ... THE BROKER by john grisham and Awaken the gaint by anthony robbins

i am starting Chill Factor today

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

John Grisham

John Grisham ..... a gifted writer .... He takes you into the life of a bar at law .... his Rainmaker, The Client, The Partner were some of his works that i ve read .....

hows this The Broker ?

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today I read Shiv Khera’s “You can win”. Wow! What a moral booster! A must-read for everybody! Recalls what Bacon said:
    “SOME BOOKS ARE TO BE CHEWED,SOME ARE TO BE SWALLOWED AND SOME ARE TO BE DIGESTED”

An excellent mantra for all: Winners don't do different things. They do things differently.
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I started reading 'Walking With God On The Road You Never Wanted To Travel' by Mark Atteberry today. For those of you who have a powerful aversion to reading books with strong religious themes, you may want to stay away. Personally, this book has helped me recover a few rampant strands in the '...woof and the warp of the tapestry...'(Gabriel Garcia Marquez, The Autumn of the Patriarch) of my life. I lost a brother when I was eight and had some serious issues with God and the world. I wish I had found this book then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pavalamani pragasam
    Today I read Shiv Khera’s “You can win”. Wow! What a moral booster! A must-read for everybody! Recalls what Bacon said:
    “SOME BOOKS ARE TO BE CHEWED,SOME ARE TO BE SWALLOWED AND SOME ARE TO BE DIGESTED”

An excellent mantra for all: Winners don't do different things. They do things differently.
    Well ...u will be surprised to know ....he himself told in a conference that his ideas are all waht he has learnt from other people's books ...

i attended his seminar .... yea yea ....he was really good ...

but the guy is making good money out of his books and seminars ....
    he concentrates on corporate customers ..

there is another personality developer from singapore called Pon Elangu ...... he is really enthusiastic .... he is truely wonderful
    and genuine ... he listened to all the teens ..and young adults and talked to us ....just like we do ...
    His seminar was called the "Inner Mind "

Coming back to BOOKS ..

some of my related recommendations are dale carnegie 's " How to win friends and Influence people " and his "stop worryign and start living "
    and also Antony robbins " Awaken the giant within ".

Shiv khera doesnt give much that BOOST ......

Post Thanks / Like

Re: John Grisham

Quote Originally Posted by bingleguy
    John Grisham ..... a gifted writer .... He takes you into the life of a bar at law .... his Rainmaker, The Client, The Partner were some of his works that i ve read .....

hows this The Broker ?
    It is better than all of his earlier stuff ..

i like the client. ...though it not as popular as pelican breif or the firm

i like the way they concentrate on the kid .....

and the way the neophyte lady lawyer smartly out does the FBI guys ..

THE BROKER is got a different style ....

there isn't too much law ...
    and it is different fro mthe usual GRISHAMS..i liked it really

but some aspects of it are hard to believe ..if u read it .... u ll see when he talks about neal backman .... the son of joel backman (who is the BROKER )... he talks abt him as an obedient son cares for his father and who's wife is truely devoted .....
    the description is weird coz ... i always get the picture americans dunt really care ....and to hear about a devoted wife and an obedient son ....is hard to believe ..especially being the son of the BROKER ...who makes millions in the day and chases skirts at night , ...it is nice to see ...his son (from one of his wifes ...) turns out so well and he is nice to his father ....(even though his father barely cares for him ...and ruins his career ...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyonr read NINA'S JOURNEY by Nina Makovna published by REgenery Gateway?
    This is a memoir which deals with parting of Nina from her father during the Russian War.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber padf00t's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone read the trilogy of Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman. Its really gud. Its about racism only she's changed it a bit. Its the blacks who r rich and powerful while the whites r suffering under there rule. Ive read the 1st 2 books in the trilogy. I just cant find the 3rd one.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking about racism, I just finished

"Cry, The Beloved Country." - By Alan Paton.

A Very Good Book! Supposedly also a movie now.

It's about a black guy called Kumalo who goes to Johannesburg in search of his son. The book shows the state of the Blacks in South Africa, and the rate of Crime, in Johanesburg, and the Racial Sentiments of the blacks, Afrikanners (White - Dutch), and the White Britishers through different expierences Kumalo has while looking for his son. Very Deep!
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone read The Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell & Dustin Thomason?
    An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.

~Gandhi~

Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast