Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MGR - IR combination - Would have been a hit ???

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

MGR - IR combination - Would have been a hit ???

Hello dear friends,

I am a diehard fan of IR and MSV.

The whole TFM knows that MGR's love for song making and what efforts he puts to get the best out of the Music directors.
    KVM/ MSV / Sankar Ganesh - All those who had worked with him had revealed during various times that MGR was a tough person and will do everything to the best out of the MDs

I am not sure whether MGR - IR combination would have worked out.

IRs composing style might not have fit in to MGR;s taste ???

Any takers for this ??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure if it would've worked...But MGR did show some interest in working with Raja. They apparently met in a cine-launch or some other function where MGR expressed to Raja that he would like to work with him.

I cannot completely agree that Raja's style might not've suited MGR. The reasons are,
    1. Raja had scored for sivaji and it suited him well (nEramidhu..nEramidhu, and many more)
    2. Raja, in those days was giving songs which launched many a careers (can you think of a better opening song for Rajni than podhuvAga emmanasu thangam ? The only song which comes close to it is oruvan, oruvan from muthu)...If he can do that for upcoming stars, he wud've definitely given good score for MGR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shankar

Man, I totally forgot abt Podhuvaaga Emmanasu Thangam. I always thought IR didnt give best opening for Rajni, though Rakkamma Kaiyathattu itself weight much more than all other Rajni song, but still Rakkamma is not a rajni song, rather IR song, but Podhuvaaga Emmanasu Thangam - damn bets Oruvan Oruvan and many other hits that Deva gave for Rajni.

Which movie was it? I would love to see it if its available in DVD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by njv
    Shankar

Man, I totally forgot abt Podhuvaaga Emmanasu Thangam. I always thought IR didnt give best opening for Rajni, though Rakkamma Kaiyathattu itself weight much more than all other Rajni song, but still Rakkamma is not a rajni song, rather IR song, but Podhuvaaga Emmanasu Thangam - damn bets Oruvan Oruvan and many other hits that Deva gave for Rajni.

Which movie was it? I would love to see it if its available in DVD.
    NJV,

Podhuvaaga enmanasu - Is from Murattu kaalai

I must mention something about this movie. This movie actually was a major step forward for Rajini to become a Super Star.
    Directed by S.P.Muthuraman and produced by AVM.
    AVM made lot of money from this movie.
    Another news about this movie, Jayashankar made a comeback through this movie.
    AVM Saravanan was in a dilemma on how to list the their names - whether Rajini first or Jaishankar first.
    Rajini was gentle enough to tell AVMS that Jai's name shall appear in the front.

On Rakamma - you know, its from Dalapathi

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks balaji sir. I watched the movie recently in SunTV but only from the middle. I didnt get a glimpse of the title song. Will try again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shankar
    I am not sure if it would've worked...But MGR did show some interest in working with Raja. They apparently met in a cine-launch or some other function where MGR expressed to Raja that he would like to work with him.

I cannot completely agree that Raja's style might not've suited MGR. The reasons are,
    1. Raja had scored for sivaji and it suited him well (nEramidhu..nEramidhu, and many more)
    2. Raja, in those days was giving songs which launched many a careers (can you think of a better opening song for Rajni than podhuvAga emmanasu thangam ? The only song which comes close to it is oruvan, oruvan from muthu)...If he can do that for upcoming stars, he wud've definitely given good score for MGR.
    Shankar,

Good thinking. There is a thread exclusively for - " Those actors who got benefited maximum out of IR " where most of the names are listed . Pls read them.

I think - Naan autokaran ( from Badsha ) / Adhanda edhanda ( from Arunachalam ) were also good starts for Rajini ( by Deva ).

By the way, it would have been interesting if IR had composed atleast one movie for MGR. We are the losers.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    They announced with much fanfare (front page of Dinathanthi, it had photos of both MGR & IR) about a MGR-IR combo movie (I think the name was `unnai vida mAttEn' or something like that) but MGR was into full-time politics (means CM)...It never took off as MGR was very busy, winning election after election (sometimes against all odds) and retaining the CM post for life...he never returned to film field...

IR, with all his brilliance & flexibility to fit into any situation (at least at that point of time), would have come up with fantastic music - no doubt about it...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    An MGR-kind-of song was done for Bhagyaraj, in the film Dhavanikanavugal, `oru nAyakan, udhayamAkiRAn'...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    An MGR-kind-of song was done for Bhagyaraj, in the film Dhavanikanavugal, `oru nAyakan, udhayamAkiRAn'...
    There is another song - Madhanamoga ruba sundari ( IR deliberately composed that song to feel like an old song )

Yes yes , IR did well for all Bagyaraj's movies and also extremely well for Ramarajan's movies also.

Bagyaraj and Ramarajan intially tried to follow MGR's path . Their songs picturisation and style also resembled MGR.

Applying the same logic, probably IR would have done with MGR as well I feel now.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    IR pattukku MGR nadichurakkara?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast