Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Parineeta

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Parineeta

Anyone saw Parineeta? I read a REview in HIndu recently. Seems the movie isn't upto the novel. I adore Vidya Balan, anyway.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I havent read the novel ..but the movie is good.Manages to bring in a feel of 1970s calcutta and Vidya Balan is Great.Definitely worth watching.

Senior Member Senior Hubber lordstanher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ssanjinika
    I havent read the novel ..but the movie is good.Manages to bring in a feel of 1970s calcutta and Vidya Balan is Great.Definitely worth watching.
    1970s did u say?? Woww! then I gotta see this movie......'cos I luv watching '70s movies........esp. when I can see lots of old cars in them.....
    Btw, I rem. reading in the paper once tho, tat this movie was set back in the '60s......?
    Neways tat actress Vidya Balan looks quite good in the trad. garb as well!
    She doesn't hav much S.Indian features in her tho.......
    -I've changed my ID now!!-

Post Thanks / Like
    She looks like a South Indian. She's got her roots in Palghat, but settled in Mumbai.

Post Thanks / Like
    Vidya, I feel is even better looking than Ash. But the bedroom scenes with Saif & Sanjay Dutt could have been avoided.......I wish it wasn't there. I'm a bleady, old-fashioned South Indian...........lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Niranjana
    But the bedroom scenes with Saif & Sanjay Dutt could have been avoided.......I wish it wasn't there. I'm a bleady, old-fashioned South Indian...........lol!
    Hmm.......well, atleast ur not the only one!
    Btw, um......reading this post of urs, I now feel rather uncomfy/am havin 2nd thots abt watching the movie..... d'u mind telling me a synopsis of the story plse.??

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the truth is I couldn't see the movie fully. The first disc stopped after an hr. The second stopped after 30 mts. That's the tragedy! I will be firing the guy at the videoshop, who promised that this is a master copy. Its better not to see a movie than see half....Sigh!

Regarding the scenes, when asked in an interview, she says the scenes were so important that it could not be removed from the film. But there are so many ways to show that, tactfully, rite?
    Like a flower crushed in between the sheets or the clothes piled up in a corner. or the disfigured sindhur in the forhead ?

Why should I worry if her parents aren't? LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    10 things about Vidya Balan

Vidya Balan had to undergo 40 screen tests before she was chosen for Parineeta
    1. After seeing her performance in Parineeta, Vidya has bagged three roles in Bollywood.

2. Vidya had to go through 40 screen tests and 17 make-up shoots before she was chosen for the lead role in Parineeta.

3. She has acted in more than 25 ad films, most of which were directed by Pradeep Sarkar. She is best known for her performance in Equal sugar free ad which was again directed by Pradeep Sarkar.

4. She made her debut as a model in a Surf Excel advertisement in 1998.

5. She is trained in Carnatic music; this quality helped her bagging the role of Lolita in Parineeta, where her character revolves around music.

6. She decided to join films the day she interacted with Shabana Azmi while in college. She idolises her and has taken many acting tips from her.

7. Vidya Balan did her schooling from St Antony’s School and later on joined St Xavier’s College from where she graduated in sociology.

8. She comes from a middleclass family from Chembur and has an older sister.

9. While shooting with Saif Ali Khan for the movie, she became a good friend of Saif and shared a good rapport with him. Vidya is also close to Saif’s children.

10. Vidya is spiritually inclined. She went to Shirdi before the shooting for Parineeta commenced and visits a Sai mandir near her house in Chembur everyday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now I rem. where I saw her when u mentioned the surf excel ad!
    Didn't she always act as a wife/mother in various ads.....inc. one for Maggi noodles & also a Kawasaki(?) bike ad.......its this ad where she acts as a housewife receiving her husband home when he's on leave from the Army......then while listening to the radio tat night, he gets orders to return the next morning......and takes his son out on his bike to make him happy.....?
    I always thot she looked good in a trad. garb.....but didn't know she was so young! Well, going by the standards of today's movies, I'm personally a bit unhappy tat she decided to go for the film industry......neways, to each their own.......!
    Oh, and yea I managed to read the story synopsis online!
    Also its only just now tat I got to know therez another heroine (Raima Sen) in Parineeta besides Vidya!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Raima Sen and even Diya Mirza are doing side roles in the movie.

You are right . She's the same one in as the Army wife- I think it was an Album. She was there Ponds Face cream also. Yes, even I think she looks too traditional & a bit old for her age. Anyway........I like her.

What I don't understand is how can there be 40 screen tests? If u r rejected once after a screen test, how can you be tested again?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast