Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phlip & Jerry - Agosh, What happened??

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Phlip & Jerry - Agosh, What happened??

Yo guys...wut eva happened to P &J (Thotta Chinugi fame) and Agosh??? Kodieswaran album gets a 10/10 rating for its amazing score & Harichandra has 1 good song, and thotta chinugi,Maname..Thottal Chinugi...amazing scores...what happened to them??anyone can tell??Very very promising start and now they r missing...these songs def stands fresh even untill now...
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yup, true man.....i last saw agosh for Zor-sunny deol movie which had a gud song.....PJ went into remixes i guess.....they made that famous "all artiste qawali funk" remix......

i really liked thotta chinungi music....it was very good......i once thought they were a threat even to ARR
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Phil and Jerry are Australians, but are of Indian origin. They were here just for short time. Agosh has changed his name and did a pooja for a film with Barathiraja two years ago. The film also dropped I guess. I think Agosh composed for a film called 'Sakthi' produced by KT Kunjumon. Famous track in that album was 'Achu Vellamae'/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kamarajc
    Phil and Jerry are Australians, but are of Indian origin. They were here just for short time. Agosh has changed his name and did a pooja for a film with Barathiraja two years ago. The film also dropped I guess. I think Agosh composed for a film called 'Sakthi' produced by KT Kunjumon. Famous track in that album was 'Achu Vellamae'/

yea man..i heard that track...amazing score...sounded very close wo Athangara Marame - Kizhaku Cheemayile! u know where to get Sakthi's mp3??
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes I liked Phil-Jerry album Puyal. It was very ARRish. And Agosh was good in Kodiswaran And did anyone notice the latest song of Naushad Taj Mahal "Apni Zulfein" very much resemble Agosh song "Zumzum Baba..." song with karishma kapoor and the lines are ".. Oru Paravai sudum Thee Pandam alla...".
    I thought for a second Naushad got inspired from Agosh but I think it is some type of concidence

Post Thanks / Like
    yes man..very simular...any news on Agosh man???they r a great combo!!!! Philip-Jerry too is very promising that time....damn...they went to waste...Maname,Thottal Chinugi song is amazing...i would rate it 10/10!!
    Kodieswaran album too i give 10/10!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Apart from its good music, Thotta Chinungi movie is a classic IMHO. It had Raguvaran in his best form. Other good song from the movie: Ilanthendral Veesum Kalamithu by KJY

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it was Anand of the Agosh group(Anand+Gopal+???) who composed for the movie "Sakthi".

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agosh is Anand, Gopal and Shalin. Gopal is the one who sang 'Dilruba' from Priyam. Think he's sung a few more for Vidyasagar. Shalin is a Doon school alumnus and was part of Indian Ocean when they released their self-titled debut album.

They also came out with a pop album for Zee Music, called 'Paisa'. Fairly decent album. The Paisa video was especially good! You could listen to the album online at...

http://www.dishant.com/jukebox/dosea..._in=ALBUM_ONLY

Phil & Jerry were behind the Q Funk/ Roop Inka Mastana that was quite a success at that time - 4 years back? The remix of Kajra Mohobbatwala got a lot of airplay and the interlude is still used for Neengal Ketta Paadal in Sun TV, if I remember right.

Yes, I also wonder what happened to these composers!

Also, after a fairly decent (also, inspired!) debut in 5 Star, one would have expected Parasuram-Radha to score for more movies. Last I read in some Tamil newspaper site that they're scoring for some B-grade, shady named Tamil movie starring newcomers!

Then there is Suresh Peters, who I guess is doing some work in Malayalam. But after Coolie and a very good pop debut in Minnal, he just fizzled out. His subsequent pop albums, 'Oviyam', one more were total duds. The lastest one called 'Engirundho' which I heard online from a site was maha dumb. Strange that ARR doesnt use him at all these days, he used to sing a lot for him in his Prabhu Deva days!

Aadityan is full time into cooking, in Jaya TV. Well we dont miss anything really, but I loved Amaran, frankly!

BTW, Who is this guy Sharath, composing for the upcoming Jo starrer June R? Seems he's dragged Usha Uthup out of her self imposed exile?

Karthik
    www.itwofs.com

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Inetk,

Loved reading the whole of your write-up... very informative.

Aadityan is not great. But I liked his work in 'Seevalapperi Pandi' than in 'Amaran'. But, in a world of Dheenas and Devisriprasads, Aadityan is not too bad. But, he was not consistent. I like Ranjit Barot too. His 'Mere Watan' from Fiza is one of my all time favorites. Also, missing is Karthikraja. There has been lot of humiliating talk about him in this forum, but now he seems to have been behind the screen working with IR for Thiruvasagam.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast