Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need info. on Tupperware.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Need info. on Tupperware.

Hi guys,
    What exactly is this Tupperware? {hope I've spelt it correctly}. Is it like any other food container [like Rubbermaid, Classic] or it is better quality , for health ? Can we use it as lunch boxes for office/school ? Or is it cooking vessels, like Faberware, Dupont etc ? Is it very expensive, I haven't seen it in any shops here [in UAE], so is it available only in USA ?
    All info, very welcome.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber MysoreHudugi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tupperware is like Rubbermaid, a little better quality plastic. These can be used to store, to heat in the microwave. You cannot use these on cooking ranges. The reason you don't see tupperware in stores is because it is mainly distributed through agents. (Like some cosmetics ex.Mary Kay etc) You do get these in stores provided store is one of the distributors for them or something like that. Not all stores carry these in U.S either.

They are expensive ofcourse. My personal opinion, I would rather buy rubbermaid and be happy with it than spend almost double on tupperware. But there is something in these that rubbermaid do not have. Design. They have probably different kinds of very pretty designed boxes for everything.

Hope this is helpful. People who have used it could give you more info.

CI.
    People can give you recipies, but cannot make you a great chef. It is you who can make the difference using your own creativity!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used tupperware. I bought the small containers. The lids have a tight fit but are hard to put on.
    Like mysorehudugi I would rather buy rubbermaid.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Sowmya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

tupperware

Hi
    Tupperware is available in abundance in India (Chennai).It's definitely expensive though.I believe that items stored in tupperware stay fresh longer.. better shelf life.
    Some samples I have heard..
    You can store idli /dosa batter in these containers and refrigerate.. It stays fresh upto 15 days.(no pulikal)
    My cousin even stores fresh jasmine fowers in tupperware and refrigerates.. flowers stay fresh for about 2-3 days.Ideal if you have a puja or an ocassion round the corner and flowers become mighty expensive on those auspicious days.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi urmila,

If you see the tupperwares here in USA, will be designed very thin, of course it is strong. But, in Chennai, will be more or less like microwaveable container; bought it one from Chennai last year and it is available only with agents.

Near alwarthirunagar, there are many agents and it is becoming a popular lunch bag and for storage purposes(refrigerated or non-refr.,) since it considers as a sealed ones!! It is available from single upto multiple containers. Saw many of my friends were also using the same and for the kids, taking milk for an outing in the tall size model is quite handy.

But, lunch bag model is not sufficient for kids whereas for adults, quite a few models are available; one round container with small side dish container(round size)attached with a small bag costs around Rs. 200 plus.

So far, have not faced any problem like leaking & I am happy. But, the only prob., is that they have very limited collections and mismatching is a ruled out option!!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Urmila:

Tupperware has the best designs and its expensive. Its sold only thro agents and thats how the Organization works.

check this link
    http://order.tupperware.com/coe/app/home

Seetha

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tupperware...yeah..I've been using their lunch boxes for quiet sometime now...It's absolutely leak-proof...& the idli/dosa batter container is good too...the batter stays fresh for 10 to 15 days...it doesn't become sour...They do have a range of Storage containers & microvawables(never tried)...Hmmm...& the oil container is well designed...no spilling of oil when we pour it from the bottle each time for cooking...But they are expensive!!!...Try visiting their website & U'll get a lot of info...

For keeping food stuffs fresh,I find any other airtight container we get in the market does the job...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi ,
    Seeing this conversation on tupperware products I couldn't resists myself ,so i am sharing this with all of you.
    I always prefer to use glass or ceramic containers for cooking,microwaving and serving hot food instead of plastic.Plastic containers are ideal for use & throw type,storing cookies and snacks. Somehow,after 1 or 2 uses they tend to get stained and the odour remains in it( one of the most important qualities of plastic). And also when you put hot food,i find the smell or the aroma of the food subsidized.Some experiements even say that plastic shouldn't be used to heat or cook food in it... and afterall plastic is plastic! Ofcourse this is my personal view,nothing against any products.
    Now-a-days pyrex and corrinware have wide range of micorwable & oven proof dishes which are very convinient to use and they are a great product to use year after year.
    Bhargavi.Raj

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I agree with Bhargavi!! People use plastic a lot to microwave compared to glass or ceramic. Its def not good says Research!

Tupperware is good for storage and also space saving as it has a lot of shapes and sizes.

Seetha

Senior Member Devoted Hubber RedPepper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I don't use rubbermaid or any kind of plastic containers in the microwave either. For me, they are for storing cookies etc. and they go in the pantry. For storing cooked dishes in the fridge, I use only glass or ceramic(preferably corningware, I like them) containers, and they go straight into the microwave for reheating, and then to the dining table. They look better on the dining table than plastic containers. All my glass and corningware containers are oven safe as well. So they can go in a conventional oven too. No stains or color changes like the plastic vessels. And they are not that much expensive. 8)
    Red Pepper
    <font size=1>Some products from my workshop! </font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast