• A Ah

18 51.43%
  • Kanda Naal Mudhal

11 31.43%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: KNM - Gajini - A AH

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely agree that seriya thavaraa is just one of the worst pronounciations, but after knowing that Sandai kozhi (A. Ezhuthu) her diction is not ok.. Sadhana voice is mesmerising but some words make u think ayyo why she sang..I studied in Mumbai, have a track of all hindi songs including ARRs .. but comparing to mayilirage and suttum.. the ragam in suttum and the melody makes me vote for that...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buvana
    but comparing to mayilirage and suttum.. the ragam in suttum and the melody makes me vote for that...
    but tell me one thing HJ fans dunt u think all HJ songs seem to be repetitive here...."Oru maalai" was so similar to "ennai koncham maatri- kakka kakka","Mudhal mudhalai- leysa leysa" and "Kathalikkum aasai-chellame"......he doesent even to bothers to change the sounds.....

and dinesh, u think HJ can even give 40% of "Kismat se tum humko mile-Pukar"?????never......kismat se tum is the best song for sonu nigam till date.....

Quote Originally Posted by buvana
    I studied in Mumbai
    cool......where did u study????and are u still in Mumbai now??
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't find many similarities between Suttrum and Kismat se. Just going by the feel, Suttrum vizhi is better than Mayilaragey. I have heard the nayanam sounds in Mayilaragey in a few marriages – it's quite a common note and similarly some of interludes used in Suttrum vizhi are recycled from Chennai senthamizh yet HJ's song has more soul from the lyrics and Sriram Parthasarathy's rendering.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Maddy, I studied in Bhavans college, did post grad from Mumbai Univ and and present teaching in one of the primary schools in Singapore.. u are from which part of Mumbai.. I am from Andheri

Post Thanks / Like
    Dinesh, not only Seriya thavaraa.. but even Jyoti Nerenjava.. (Sukhvinder Singh) 12 B also sounds wierd just because of the pronounciation.. HJs many songs like 20 vayadil.. jaari singari... thotta power etc. i dont like. I feel right pronounciation helps the singer to pour proper emotion into the song.. .. If u see uyirin uyire.. (Kaaka), the way KK rendered it and the backing vocals by timmy and others.. (contd)

Post Thanks / Like
    the emotions were rightly poured out of these voices .. even Surya on the screen did not show that expected emotion of separation.. it was more explicit in voices like KK Timmy Melwyn and other backing vocal artists... I feel proper diction is compulsory..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes buhavana,im not saying diction is not imp,but u know a voice to suit the music is def more imp as u know....imagine sandhai kozhi or maiyilirage is sung by our southern singers....it will be nice...but not perfect like madhushre's,i noticed she doesnt bother to upgrade her tamil diction in rahman's song but in vidhaysagar's she gave her best : Ding Dong - JI... y surya can give his expression right for kaake2 or ghajini is becoz his fav Md is harris....he is gona face big problem next year as 3 of his future films r all by ARR

maddy....ur so right....ur def rite on hj cant give a song like Kismat Se tum - Pukar.... what a song is that.....mesmerising ....brings me to heaven straight away..... ARR is alwiz ARR ...the best part i duno a single word of hindi....and yet the song makes me feel the meaning tru the music..... same with Ishwar Allah - 1947 Earth.... if u can throw some lights on what Ishwar Allah's song translation is about it would be great!!
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Post Thanks / Like
    ARR could have given chance to Gopika Purnima / Harini / Chitra... Unni Krishnan and Hariharan are best again, the lyrics come from within as in songs like uyire (bombay), cinderalla (KK sei) Roja Roja song of K.Dhinam, Ennavale (Kadalan) and many more songs... whereas if you dont know the meaning of the lyrics, the singer is always conscious of shruti, layam and thaalam and in the process the `bhaavam' is left out.. enna Dinesh.. seriyaa...

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as Surya is concerned.. i feel he can act only on subjects like perazhagan (physically disable) or ghajini (mentally affected).. otherwise he does not express properly.. i know this is not the thread for that topic, but whilst on the subject i thought is should write.. dance movements resemble exercising in the Community / Joggers Park... whoever may be the MD for his film..

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456