Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WATER - Deepa Metha - A.R.Rahman

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

WATER - Deepa Metha - A.R.Rahman

Yo guys...the trailor is out ! and gues what?? music is awesome.....wow....such amazing tunes...... check it out!!!

http://water.mahiram.com/

or download :

HIGH
    http://www.mahiram.com/upload/Water%...0Film_%20Hi.rm

MEDIUM
    http://www.mahiram.com/upload/Water%...m_%20Medium.rm

LOW
    http://www.mahiram.com/upload/Water%...%20Film_Low.rm

thanks to : ARR group fans!
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    awesome mate- ARR rocks!!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    One word.... SCINTILLATING.... It would be interesting to see how the songs composed by ARR and BGM by Michael Dyanna the man who composed the super hit Monsoon Wedding come together. This will be awsome.

But there are something about ARR which really bother me. I think ARR cannot handle the controversies. He has been a coward when it comes to controversery. First he backed off from helping poor people and distributing free food when AV accused him of helping muslim fundamentalist. Second he rejected Deepa mehta offer to compose BGM and she had to get Michael Dyanna. He has said in his interview that he do not want to piss certain people off (VHP,BJP,RSS) and this really shows his cowardness. Is he so afraid of his life that if he had composed BGM of water, he would get killed by these idiots and fanatics?

I think he has to come out of cowardness and openly take a stand. But music wise he still ROCKS.....

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alias
    But there are something about ARR which really bother me. I think ARR cannot handle the controversies. He has been a coward when it comes to controversery. First he backed off from helping poor people and distributing free food when AV accused him of helping muslim fundamentalist. Second he rejected Deepa mehta offer to compose BGM and she had to get Michael Dyanna. He has said in his interview that he do not want to piss certain people off (VHP,BJP,RSS) and this really shows his cowardness. Is he so afraid of his life that if he had composed BGM of water, he would get killed by these idiots and fanatics?

I think he has to come out of cowardness and openly take a stand. But music wise he still ROCKS.....
    If he is a majority, he wouldnt bother. Being a minority (or atleast converted to), he probably worried about his business impact than his life. Nothing wrong in it. I listen to it. Though the songs are good, I still see the repitition. I just wish this is ARR's last period type / patriotic type song.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Devoted Hubber coucou's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Star

Group: Regular Members
    Member No.: 5253

This movie was supposed to release a few years ago, but got bogged down in controversey. However, this movie will premier at the Toronto film festival in Sept and may see a world release in Nov. ARR's music for this album may be first heard sometime in the next few months. Reportedly, ARR has said that this is one of his best soundtracks. From the looks of it, it won't be appealing commercially in terms of fast and modern numbers, but more in terms of classical music, melody, and beautiful voices. I know it's early, but I want to start a discussion on it!

River Moon / Water

Cast - Liza Ray [as Kalyani], Seema Biswas [as Shakuntala], John Abraham [as Narayana], Manorama, Raghuvir Yadav [as Gulabi], Kulbhushan Kharbanda [as Sadananda], Waheeda Rahman [as Bhagavati], Vinay Pathak [as Rabindra], Rishma Malik [as Snehalata]

Director - Deepa Mehta

Producer - Ajay Virmani, David Hamilton

Lyrics - Javed Akthar, Sukhwinder Singh

- "River Moon was the working title. It's "Water", my 4-year-old dream. I've relocated it from Varanasi." - Deepa Mehta

- all songs finished. A.R.Rahman has rated this as his only album which he would give a 10/10.
    - 2 songs by Richa Sharma.

- "Vaishnav Jan To Tene Kahiye.." by Kaushiki Chakrabarty, along with her father Pandit Ajoy Chakrabarty.

“Water was a wonderful experience. I didn’t even realise that I was singing for a film or that A.R Rahman was recording a song. He called me to the studio and asked me to do a practice session and that is what he recorded. It was as simple as that.” [Indian Express]

Rahman provided her with no background music, but asked her to sing different variations for the given tune. "I sang all the variations I could conceive of. It was like rediscovering myself," she smiles.

- "We shot in 45 days with John and Lisa without any distraction. There’s something lovely about her. I thought she suited my heroine Kalyani’s character to perfection. Lisa cut her hair really short to play the widow. She didn’t need to shave her head. Just have it brutally shorn. Maybe not knowing John’s modelling antecedents helped me to decide he was right for Water. I met him in Mumbai without pre-conceived notions. Since he plays the sincere idealistic lover, the actor had to project purity. I felt that quality in John. I’m very happy with the film and the performances. For the pivotal role of the child widow Chuhiya I signed a Sri Lankan child who had never acted before." - Deepa Mehta

- Deepa Mehta : "The two women characters of the film, played by Lisa Ray and Seema Biswas were in search of liberation from the miserable social and cultural set-up. Ultimately, one widow associates herself with Gandhiji's satyagraha. The film ends with the widow touching Gandhiji's feet with the famous bhajan, "Vaishnav jan to tene kahiye..", being sung in the background".

- The market is equally agog about A R Rahman's spiritual odyssey for Deepa Mehta's Water. "The music he has created for Water is simply barrier-breaking," Deepa enthuses. Rahman has reportedly experimented with an assortment of authentic voices. He thinks it is his life's best work, and I tend to agree. The music negotiations are still on. The producer hopes to compensate himself at least partially for the losses suffered during the aborted shooting of Water in Varanasi by selling the music rights. [India Today, Dec 2000]

- "It has the makings of a phenomenal soundtrack." - Deepa Mehta.

these songs are best of best of arr

Post Thanks / Like
    njv, Whether ARR belongs to minority or majority. Guts is guts. Being a minority is not a sin in India and he has equal rights, so why dont he utilize his rights is my question?

Thanks cocou for the article.

Post Thanks / Like
    alias,
    for once i agree with you People associated with music are generally soft (does not include those dope addicted rockstars), and they don't want to get into these sort of troubles/hassles...This has nothing to do with minority / majority.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey alias, i think BJP was never involved in water protests and pls dunt call them idiots........it was under BJP rule that ARR got 2 national awards......
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    But they gave support from behind and did not do anything to allow the unit to film it which clearly shows they supported it. And ARR getting awards has nothing to do which party ruled... atleast until now for music category

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast