Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dirs, Producers, Actors intervention in music composing?!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Dirs, Producers, Actors intervention in music composing?!

We have seen directors, producers and actors intervene in music composing department everynow and then...

is this really a helathy trend?

We haev seen Shankar pennign lyrics in Kathalan, Uthayakumar for Karka Kasadara, Rajni, Kamal, Vijay has the final say in music sections.....are these to be encouraged as it will give the producers, directors and actors to carry the same emotion f the movie through the song......OR are them simply manipulating the creativity of MDs?

Please discuss.

(olunga oru topic kuduthurukken.......ithukachum konjam aatharavu kudungappa!)

jolly-o-jimkanna

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dirs, Producers, Actors intervention in music composing?

Quote Originally Posted by united07
    We have seen directors, producers and actors intervene in music composing department everynow and then...

is this really a helathy trend?

We haev seen Shankar pennign lyrics in Kathalan, Uthayakumar for Karka Kasadara, Rajni, Kamal, Vijay has the final say in music sections.....are these to be encouraged as it will give the producers, directors and actors to carry the same emotion f the movie through the song......OR are them simply manipulating the creativity of MDs?

Please discuss.

(olunga oru topic kuduthurukken.......ithukachum konjam aatharavu kudungappa!)

Indha vambe vendaamnuthaan TR yellam thaanae pandraar.

TR can create a guinness also. He can do everything (hero, heroine, villian, comedian etc) and get guinness for one man show!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i can recall 3 instances reg this topic:

1.Kamal intervening in Telelphone manipol composing.....ARR had given up to kamal's choice as he felt kamal was more experienced and wud know wat ppl. wud like xactly.....

2.vairamuthu complaining abt ARR & shankar leaving out a wonderfully written song in mudhalvan...he felt it was his best work but was left out to shorten the length of movie....

3. IR's seduction songs.....come to think of it, such a saintly guy who has been a inspiration for the gr8 spiritualist ARR himself, composing songs llike ponmeni,nethu rathiri and other ooo-aaaa songs...i definitely think IR had succumbed to directorial/hero pressures to compose such vulgar sounds.....

Senior Member Senior Hubber Alien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ARR had reportedly said after Parasuram(ARR's worst / the only bad album i can think of from ARR) that he can't compose music for Arjun's taste.

I learnt that even HJ had withdrawn from Arjun's Manikanda or whatever.....
    "Kamal oru kadal ! angu alaigaL Oivathillai"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dirs, Producers, Actors intervention in music composing?

Quote Originally Posted by njv
    [ Indha vambe vendaamnuthaan TR yellam thaanae pandraar.

TR can create a guinness also. He can do everything (hero, heroine, villian, comedian etc) and get guinness for one man show!
    TR is the symbol for self confidence.

Nallatho kettatho, ennaal ellaam seyya mudiyumnu prove panniyavar.

Strory
    Screenplay
    Dialogue
    Lyrics
    Music
    Camera Handling
    Direction
    Production
    Distribution.... wow really a man of self confident.

The wonder is, he made his films hit also in collection.

Koodiya seekkiram, avarudaiya padathukku avarey 'wall poster' ottikondu iruppadhai paarka nerndhaalum aachariyam illai.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    At times the intervention turns out to be a good one...especially on how Kamal-IR works together...
    or Mani-ARR or Shankar-ARR, or Rajiv-ARR...

but at other times...it simply spoils isn't it....

c'mon the music directors already have to live in a particular rules of creating music for the movie, suiting the hero's larges than life image...then you restrict their creativity with the unnecessary interventions...

is that the reason why Shankar-ARR opted to go for tuning-holiday and that trend got carried away?

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vasanth_luv
    ARR had reportedly said after Parasuram(ARR's worst / the only bad album i can think of from ARR) that he can't compose music for Arjun's taste.

I learnt that even HJ had withdrawn from Arjun's Manikanda or whatever.....
    I thought Parasuram was good ? If you ask me, i cant think any bad album or worst album composed by AR.Rahman. Everything from him was good if not superb

Senior Member Veteran Hubber mr_karthik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Director is the Captain of the Ship (movie). So he has the right to interfere or suggest about the tunes and songs, as per the situation.

Same like Stunt Master, Dance Master, Cameraman.... Music Director also one among the crews. So the director can suggest the MDs and get what they need. (At the same time no doubt some movies run for the songs).

Producers also can suggest for songs like 'Nethu raathiri yamma', to recollect the money they spent in crores.

MDs can produce and release private music albums, to expose their creativity, without anyone's interferance.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It depends on what we think as intervention .
    The director knows how the feel of music should be ,how the songs should be ,where to place the song .

But he can't say ,rip of the music from Britney Spears and give it to me (or) why can't u include a Tabla at 3 :40 piece of the song - That constraints the creativity .

On the other hand ,if teh director is not involved ,then u can't expect anything .
    A classical expereince is Three Roses -This is what the interaction between KR and teh director .

Director : Karthik ,ennaku 5 songs venum ntha padathukku .Thats it !

This is not a fake situation .This is what really happened in that compsoition .

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Vysar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    TR single man does everything. His later he is the only audience too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast