Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thiruppugazh

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Thiruppugazh

Is any body intersted in Thiruppugazg of Arunagirinathar? Can we start some discussion on that?

Sundararajan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.kaumaram.com/thiru/

the above url contains thirupugazh verses along with explanation. also it has a good collection of mp3 devotional songs in praise of lord murugan.

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thiruppugazh

Quote Originally Posted by S Rajan
    Is any body intersted in Thiruppugazg of Arunagirinathar? Can we start some discussion on that?

Sundararajan
    Yes, let's start.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Thiruupugazh

Quote Originally Posted by j.chenkalvarayan
    http://www.kaumaram.com/thiru/

the above url contains thirupugazh verses along with explanation. also it has a good collection of mp3 devotional songs in praise of lord murugan.
    Yes I am aware of it and using it regularly. But it does not contain any discussion. what I am proposing is a literary discussion on it. For example in one of the thiruppugazh songs he uses the word " Sabash" which in my word is not a tamil word. In another place he address Murugan as " raavuththene" which needs some expalanation

Sundararajan

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, we are discussing "kandhar anuboodhi" in another thread:

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=4699

Senior Member Senior Hubber Idiappam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thiruupugazh

Quote Originally Posted by S Rajan
    what I am proposing is a literary discussion on it. For example in one of the thiruppugazh songs he uses the word " Sabash" which in my word is not a tamil word. In another place he address Murugan as " raavuththene" which needs some expalanation
    Would you please name these songs where these words occured. We can roll things out, then.

Arunagirinathar lived during the 13th century, when the literary language of the land was heavily contaminated by Sanskrit.

Some sound totally Sanskrit and some of his songs have almost no Sankrist words - like 'allivizhiyaalum'. Hear that song, Chinmaya Sisters.

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/1/s/artist.42/

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber viggop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The prescence of Sanskrit words do not diminish thirupugazh in anyway.It is a highly devotional work towards Lord Murugan.Lord himself has accepted it and there is no need for us to make comments on what language words have been used by Arunagirinathar.

I thought Arunagirnathar lived in the 15th century.I really love the songs of tirupugazh sung by carnatic musicians.Neyveli Santhanagopalan sings the tirupugazh every year at Vadapalani temple on a festival day devoted to Lord Murugan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Idiappam,
    This topic was discussed in Agathiyar recently. Here's the verses quoted by Pas

¸üÀ ¸ó¾¢Õ ¿¡ÎÂ÷ Å¡ú×È
    º¢ò¾÷ Ţ墨Â÷ Á¡¸÷º À¡¦ºÉ
    ¸ð¼ ¦Åí¦¸¡Î Ý÷¸¢¨Ç §ÅÃÈ ...... Å¢Îõ§ÅÄ¡

( 'À¦Â¡ñ¸¢Ã¢ ' ±ýÚ ¦¾¡¼íÌõ ¾¢ÕôÒ¸ú)

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to see this thread about Thirupugaz...

Wish to mention that Shri Raghavan Guruji from Delhi has done yeoman service to spread Thirupugaz through Vazipaatu mandram... and the tree has grown extensively across our country. Shri Raghavan has composed tunes in carnatic ragas for the various thirupugaz songs and its being taught through various Students in India.
    Before Raghavan Guruji, it was Sri Vallimalai Swamigal who was instrumental in unearthing the Thirupugaz treasure

I wish we get more and more exchange of interesting and useful information about Thirupugaz through this thread...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber viggop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Murugadas Sir's Skanda Sashti Kavacam thread has loads of information on tirupugazh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast