Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LEGENDARY AMITABH

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

LEGENDARY AMITABH

heyy guys...

in this thread we can discuss about the performances of amitabh in various films...

though i have watched only few movies .."akri rashta","sholay" etc....u guys can discuss greatly!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love Amitab in comic roles.I think one of his best yet underrated performances was in chupke chupke.He steals the show as an absent minded professor!

Senior Member Senior Hubber lordstanher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aaah!! Finally a thread abt my avtaar!!

I liked him best in his '70s/'80s movies.......esp. his action ones......not jus bcos of the fighting he does but even the dialogues/emotions of his in those r worth commending (understatement!)......
    Mainly y I put up only '70s images of his as my avtaar, my current avtaar a shot of him from 'Zanjeer', circa 1973, which got him the image of the 'angry young man'!
    Abt Chupke Chupke, well I do think he played even his comedy part well in tat but the limelight seems to've been stolen by Dharmendra in it!
    Will be back shortly w/ my new username to discuss more abt Big B!
    Catch u later, guys!
    -I've changed my ID now!!-

Post Thanks / Like
    A thread for Amitabh !! great....

He is the first guy to bring out the ANGRY YOUNG MAN CHARACTER ....

Played as a support cast to Rajesh Khanna in Anand......went on to establish himself as the greatest Bollywood actor of 20th century.....

The turning point of his career came from the movie Zanjeer which is the current avatar of Lord Stanner !

Sholay was another milestone for him....

The late 70s and the 80s were all Amitabh's ....

Silsila was another turning point in his career...

In Coolie I think while doing the stunt scene was badly hurt ( I think the culprit was Puneet issar - Duryodhana of Mahabarath fame ) .... and the whole India prayed for his life....

Later.... staged a remarkable comeback.... and reestablished himself as a character actor...and is still around... ......

Great , majestic and dominating personality....

A true legend....

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whats that bit about puneet issar and amitabh@ s.balaji.

I loved him in chupkE chupkE as saajinika said. Ive not/I do not watch much movies.Ive not watched the much spoken about 'SHOLAY'(as he dies in the end )

I liked him in lots of movies like amar akbar antony, anand,abhimaan,Muqaddar Ka Sikandar, sharaabi,hum,shehenshah,satte pe satta including recent movies like ek ajnabee, baagban, black etc...

He is a rare species who has CLASS mixed with right dosage of STYLE!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked Amithabh in Anand (he looked so young and vulnerable in that!), Abhimaan, Silsila (who can forget "Rang barse..."), Khabi Khabi & Mili

He was good in Sholay too, but I think the movie as a whole was good and each one of them had done their character very well!
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Lambretta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Balaji
    Played as a support cast to Rajesh Khanna in Anand......went on to establish himself as the greatest Bollywood actor of 20th century.....
    The turning point of his career came from the movie Zanjeer which is the current avatar of Lord Stanner !
    Lord who???!!
    Yup I'm back finally! w/ a new identity (but the same avtaar! )
    Neways, it seems tat few ppl. know abt AB's first/debut film, Saat (7) Hindustani in 1969, a low-budget B/W film based on the liberation of Goa from the Portugese........
    He then of course played the supporting role of 'Babu Moshai' Dr. Banerjee in Anand (1970), then acted in a few movies tat didn't click (Sanjog, Parwana- 1971), then the comedial role in Bombay to Goa (1972), then finally if I'm not wrong, Zanjeer ('73), which changed his destiny.......

Sholay was another milestone for him....
    Hmm..yes but except for one dialogue of his (tumhara naam kya hai Basanti), it was Dharmendra who got into the limelight for this......the only song I like in this movie is "Yeh dosti" where they steal tat Enfield bike w/ a side trailer & go along singing.......

In Coolie I think while doing the stunt scene was badly hurt ( I think the culprit was Puneet issar - Duryodhana of Mahabarath fame ) .... and the whole India prayed for his life....
    Um...was it Coolie?? Neways, lucky he survived to act further........

reestablished himself as a character actor...and is still around...
    Yes, but I'm not as impressed to see him in this role as opposed to the "angry young man" (except for Baghban- his role was superb in it! ).....nor do I like his brown hair + goatee as much (jus me tho!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Lambretta / Lordie

Welcome back in new name dear friend....

So....you are not happy with the current roles being played by Amitabh...

I thought he did well in a small role in Veer Zaara...... as a typical Punjabi Sher......

dancing at ease with Hema.....

Shahrukh...giving a good support and playing a low profile in front of Amitabh...

A nice movie to watch....

Though Amitabh appeared for a shortwhile only...still made his impact...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha
    Whats that bit about puneet issar and amitabh@ s.balaji.
    While doing a stunt scene for Coolie..... Puneet and Amitabh were doing the fight sequence....and Puneet just lifted and threw him down...and Amitabh badly got hurt....and was virtually in coma stage for several days...was hospitalised ....and the whole India was praying ..for his recovery..

I recollect Nambiar also prayed to Lord Ayyappa...that he will bring Amitabh to Sabarimala.......if he recovers....and subsequently Amitabh went with Nambiar to offer prayers to the Lord Swami Ayyappan....

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Lambretta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Balaji
    Lambretta / Lordie

Welcome back in new name dear friend....
    Tks Balaji!
    So....you are not happy with the current roles being played by Amitabh...
    Hmm.......well, I know I can't go against time....but I jus miss the angry young man!
    I thought he did well in a small role in Veer Zaara...... as a typical Punjabi Sher......
    dancing at ease with Hema.....
    Shahrukh...giving a good support and playing a low profile in front of Amitabh...
    Oh....well, I havn't seen tat movie yet!
    But still, I personally felt many of his current roles, like his action in the rap song in Bunty & Babli marred his original image tat the nation fell for!
    Not jus films. I even thot it demeaning for him to beg the little boy for Pepsi in the Pepsi ad a few yrs ago, u rem. where the kid finally asks "mujko aap ullu smajthe?" (u think I'm a fool?)......!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast