Quote Originally Posted by S.Balaji
Played as a support cast to Rajesh Khanna in Anand......went on to establish himself as the greatest Bollywood actor of 20th century.....
The turning point of his career came from the movie Zanjeer which is the current avatar of Lord Stanner !
Lord who???!!
Yup I'm back finally! w/ a new identity (but the same avtaar! )
Neways, it seems tat few ppl. know abt AB's first/debut film, Saat (7) Hindustani in 1969, a low-budget B/W film based on the liberation of Goa from the Portugese........
He then of course played the supporting role of 'Babu Moshai' Dr. Banerjee in Anand (1970), then acted in a few movies tat didn't click (Sanjog, Parwana- 1971), then the comedial role in Bombay to Goa (1972), then finally if I'm not wrong, Zanjeer ('73), which changed his destiny.......

Sholay was another milestone for him....
Hmm..yes but except for one dialogue of his (tumhara naam kya hai Basanti), it was Dharmendra who got into the limelight for this......the only song I like in this movie is "Yeh dosti" where they steal tat Enfield bike w/ a side trailer & go along singing.......

In Coolie I think while doing the stunt scene was badly hurt ( I think the culprit was Puneet issar - Duryodhana of Mahabarath fame ) .... and the whole India prayed for his life....
Um...was it Coolie?? Neways, lucky he survived to act further........

reestablished himself as a character actor...and is still around...
Yes, but I'm not as impressed to see him in this role as opposed to the "angry young man" (except for Baghban- his role was superb in it! ).....nor do I like his brown hair + goatee as much (jus me tho!)