Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuvan's Puthupettai Songs

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Yuvan's Puthupettai Songs

Ey guyz how r Puthupettai songs .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I listened to Puthupettai songs. It's a classical Album. I don't think that it will rock India. They tried to make an album like in Hollywood movies.

The songs released on tamilmp3tracks.com

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is much better than Agaram songs, but i hate the kamalhaasan song. why is he singin ????

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am listening to the songs for the first time right now, sounds really good. I will reserve my judgement for later though
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber Pavan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    its a good album..but no way its going to rock india..lol...its so funny and who ever said that comment

Have heard it 3 times..will hear more couple of times and post my review of the album.

But the bottom point is even though..if songs dont become hit..it has improved yuva's creation.

But i doubt if this album will be like earlier selva-yuvan combo..but now ucant judge it fully..may be wait till movie releases

will hear it couple of times and post my full fledged review of album..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! I didn't even know the songs were out yet! When did it come out?
    Back after a while...

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a typical Album

I am sure this not a typical Album from yuvan.Instrumental and Lyrics are good only..But there is a major disappoinment in the album is none of the songs r melody like they played in the previious movies (Devathyai kanden,Nenjodu Kalandhidu from Kadhal Konden..and Kanakanum kalangal,Ninaithu Ninaithu from 7G).That may be the theme of story,Anyway Yuvan and selva combo did a fine job once again.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Not a typical Album

No more reviews from the fans yet.

Finally heard it. Let me give a try,

Completely a different one from YSR & SR. Very Innovative & subjective tracks in the form of Gana, Rap, Hip hop, Gangmaster heros solo & kuthu. The beauty of the track is its listing & the tracks which takes you clearly thru the movie concept.

1. PP Theme: Starts good with flute followed by Orchestra, slows down at 1.26 & after few secs then diverts to another theme (form). Lacks continuity.

2.Nerrupu Vayinil: Is it KH on vocals ? . Ridiculous! Amateurish attempt. Why is he singing for someone else when he isn’t acting in it. Is dhanush gonna act for it.. Ditto Aalavandhan style. None of MD's would have spoiled KH like this be it BW,SM (ARR in tenali injirungho is good compared). Why is he opting for such Gana songs these days if he has sung classics like "inji iduppalaghi".

3. Enga Area Dhanush in vocals. padicha naaye kitta varadha. Fight between the college guys & gangsters. I have never seen anyone using naaye in lyrical part. Enga area ulla varathe. (+) is MGR songs in the intro & Oru naal varuvar & Oru povar. Damn good!

4. Selling Dope : The Beginning . Better than the PP main theme. Gains continuity. Needs more listening..

5. Oru Naalil: Good choice of vocals by YSR himself. It will really suit dhanush and his gangster hero solo (aim). Brilliant usage of Acoustic, Electric Guitar and Violin as credited in the track list itself. Sure hit.

6. Going Thru' Emotions : Prelude Another good theme.

7. Pul Pesum Poo Pesum : Hip Hop in PP. Unbelievable. This is height of creativity. I hate the rap part. & stressing konjam konjam in lyrical parts.

8. Varriya : Heck of a track. Instantly catchy. I can bet every1 will start dancing to this track. The best I have ever listened in pettai tracks. Good use of percussions & flute.Gonna rock for sure (thanni kodam poravale...thanna na na ne). This is what I mean continuity. Right from the beginning to end is awesome. Wanna listen repeatedly. (Is it playing Ore Oru raathirikki otha savari in instruments )

9. Clash of Titans : The War Story.

10. Oru Naalil : A composer's Dream Mix . Fast forward of the original one. Thanks to the other composer who has been giving a different meaning for remix versions these days.

This album completely gels only with the movie not as an individual soundtrack. Considering those earlier two hits (commercially, I believe) the tracks by KH, Pul pesum, Enga area can turn out to be a moderate – smash hit. Less scope for lyricist. Couldn’t blame. Ultimately A Daring effort from YSR & SR .

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by interz
    this is much better than Agaram songs, but i hate the kamalhaasan song. why is he singin ????
    Too many reasons - upcoming Selvaragavan movie with KH, Rajni pressure (came in news few months back) - I initially hated this song thanks to mp3s, but this sound track is pretty good with different instrumental usage - thumbs up from me after listening to the CD.

Infact all songs are good and the instrumentals and theme sound track are amazing. Just get original CD and play it in a nice speaker system and you will know the difference. This is not going to rock india but will definitely a new attempt by YSR and to some extend in tamil movie world. ARR has done similar in Hindi and IR has done in various attempts (using symphony for bgm) but first of its kind for tamil movies.
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    PP is the testimony for YSRs talent,maturity and innovation.The effort gone into tracks like PP main theme and selling dope is laudable,at last,we have someone who can compose the way proper musicians like Jhon Williams or Ennio Morricone do.Nationwide recognition and followers for YSR is long time due.Hope he is not gonna waste his talent signing up for senseless hindi and international projects.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast