Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Maniratnam - ARR to strike again!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nilavupriyan
    paints the bus,use 10000 dolls etc......shankar is not a great movie maker....
    Agree.
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think its high time mani ratnam retired.sick and tired of elongated asian paint ad like stuff.we have great talent around like Ameer,Priya,vishnuvardhan,saran,selvaraghavan,gaut am menon,actually theres no need of a maniratnam.Shankar-indias answer to jhon woo+spielberg combined has made 2 movies from one story- Indian and Anniyan and got away with it.nice way to take people for a ride

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kalladicrapp
    i think its high time mani ratnam retired.sick and tired of elongated asian paint ad like stuff.we have great talent around like Ameer,Priya,vishnuvardhan,saran,selvaraghavan,gaut am menon,actually theres no need of a maniratnam.Shankar-indias answer to jhon woo+spielberg combined has made 2 movies from one story- Indian and Anniyan and got away with it.nice way to take people for a ride
    Who is priya? Rest of them - I completely agree. Though I have personal differences I would also add SJS.

BTW Anniyan didnt ride ppl. It didnt run 100 days anywhere. Was out in most of the theatre. Its better than Boys and Kadhalan but didnt match rest of Shankar movies.
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    njv...i taut kadhalan was a blockbuster hit movie??i know the audio was a big hit,can we say the most popular arr-shankar combo...but movie?
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Post Thanks / Like
    movie was a disaster. the audio and prabu deva (at that time!) helped a bit, but nevertheless that was a flop movie.

Post Thanks / Like

...bus-kku paint adicha john woo spielberg aayida mudiyuma?

anniyan -la logic enna vilainnu keatavaru shankar!

lanjatha olikaradha thavara vera enna subject idhuvaraikum eduthirukaru!

look at maniratnam...

nayagan,mouna ragam,anjali,agni natchathiram,iruvar,bombay,alaipayuthey,roja,kannt hil muthamittal

look at maniratnam's versatility!......shankar is nowhere near maniratnam....

what happened to u....

u compare saran,vishnuvardhan,priya with maniratnam.....

onlu one director who is of great calibre like mani at present is bala!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    dude i detest shankar as much as you do..didnt u understand,i meant shankar is a spielberg+jhonwoo wannabe,and way below Mani.Ur list upto Agni Natchathiram is okay,after that for me Mani lost his focus.His movies feels prefabricated and unnatural.Bala is something special,he has carved a niche,a class apart.Adventurous and he is what I call versatile.

Post Thanks / Like
    upto Agni Natchathiram is okay,after that for me Mani lost his focus.His movies feels prefabricated and unnatural.Bala is something special,he has carved a niche,a class apart.Adventurous and he is what I call versatile.
    Agree 99%. Exception is kannathil muthamittal.

Post Thanks / Like
    dude i detest shankar as much as you do..didnt u understand,i meant shankar is a spielberg+jhonwoo wannabe,and way below Mani.Ur list upto Agni Natchathiram is okay,after that for me Mani lost his focus.His movies feels prefabricated and unnatural.Bala is something special,he has carved a niche,a class apart.Adventurous and he is what I call versatile.
    iruvar is a classic i guess!..may be not entertaining....

bombay doesnt had a good climax..but a wonderful movie!

kannathil muthamittal is not so natural...little artificial in dialogues and filming!...but a good movie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nilavupriyan
    kannathil muthamittal is not so natural...little artificial in dialogues and filming!...but a good movie!
    I dont know whats a natural movie? If things has to be so natural, then we must watch SunTV news.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast