Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: History of Indian Mathematics

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SRS
    Unfortunately you backwards can't read properly... now read this sentence very, very carefully:

if the ancient Chinese were able to approximate the value of pi, there is a very strong probability that the Indians also were.

I know that is very hard for a backwards like you to understand. Go and throw a chappal to relieve your frustrations. Dr. Subhash Kak has a Ph.D, it does not matter what clowns like you think.
    Fortunately you forwards can't write properly ... now read this sentence very, very carefully:

If the ancient chinese were able to use bamboo sticks, there is a very strong probability that the indians also were. But they did not, why
    If the ancient chinese were able to follow Buddhism then so were indians. But they did not and still don't, why?

Can any forward tell me why and how you approximate the pi up to 32 decimals?
    9.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999 is also an approximated value of pi and is more than 32 decimals. Is there anybody to prove me wrong?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come on Indian!

Pick 1) or 2) or 3) or all the three!

I am waiting to hear from you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rockets were also Indian inventions and were used in native armies when Europeans first came into contact with them.
    How does it come that such an advanced civilisation was overrun by so many folks so often.
    Vedic past of Arabia became islamic.
    Vedic Aryan theorie produced Europeans to come and rape India
    Persians defeated vedic India umpteen times.
    Dravidians went to the North to show them their boundries.
    Vedic electrical engineers delt with electricity and passed on the info to Faraday, Ohm and Tesla.

Yes, Indians were also the first to fly to Moon and his name was Neil Armstrong. His name in Tamil: niil kaippalam!

Copy and Paste is the one and only invention of Indian origin as SRS clearly demonstrates.

Senior Member Regular Hubber indian224080's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess Stranger required Answers to these questions.

* Several of the claims made on this thread go far beyond what is acknowledged. For instance, whilst the Sanskrit verse on pi keeps cropping up as an example of "ancient" Indian knowledge (and has been cited on this thread as such), no-one I have asked has been able to cite an early source for it.
    Yes It takes time for truth to come out. But eventually it does come out as Now. Its just like a Submerged Dwaraka. People used to consider Stories of Krishna as mere fables but now? They have some evidence.

And if you want proofs for every post then probably u cannot post anything. As a good proof begins with a solid assumption. Why bother when we have lot of posts on tamil even stupid posts like Dravdian country extending to South America. Duh!!! Why not extend till Mars?

* One correspondent said he had found it in a book, printed in the 1970s, where it was cited as an example of how the mnemonic technique could be used, and made no claim as to the antiquity of the verse.
    Okay Yes So what he had told you that he had seen it in a book. Well any positive guess on Antiquity cannot be made at any time.
    * Unfortunately, he did not give me the name of the book.
    Yes, that shows his frankness and clearly exhibits he is not lying.

It is also troubling that we tend to completely ignore cases where ancient Indian mathematics got things wrong. For example,

* Aryabhatta's formulae for calculating the area of a pyramid are simply incorrect (Elfering's protestations notwithstanding).

* We do not address the total lack of interest in experimental verification which they seemed to display in relation to the pure sciences, the use of mimamsa of all things to interpret the works of earlier mathematicians, the correction by commentators of portions of Aryabhatta's and other texts which they found unacceptable and - above all - the fact that most mathematics texts saw it only as a means to more effectively conducting astrological predictions and performing religious rituals.

* None of these are positive tendencies, but we simply cannot understand our country's past or face up to the realities of our present until we accept and seriously try to understand them.

* Why do we need to idealise and romanticise Indian culture and ancient Indian society?

* Why can't we feel secure enough of who we are to accept it as it was and as it is?
    Thats not true, In every book the inability to express anything has been clearly illucidated. It is a basic human nature that we try to list out positive things. I am sure everyone here takes pride in saying that he proceeded with this and got it right. there cannot be any genious who has not committed any mistake in proving anything. Now any guy who says that he is expert in cycling does mean that he was once a beginner and he would have gotten hurt when he was trying cycling for the first time. Sania mirza gets awarded a Padmashri for her achievements in Tennis. Now going with ur explanation Indian govt. should not give her padmashri because she has lost in a number of games. Duh! Why are Elections held still in our country when Some elections have miserably failed?

Everyone romanticizes his culture. A man without Loving his culture is a Sanyasi. Just because u r married if u fail to love ur wife will it be a good life? We can accept that she is our wife . Can we fail to romaticize her and just leave her as she is ? Can u stop respecting ur Parents and leave them as they are ?
    Sorry friend.

All right coming back to ur question. I am not ready to accept Aravindans answers as such. But i appreciate his honesty in admitting his thoughts. I am for truth.
    I am not here for promotion of tamil thereby bashing Vedic scholars.
    If u r feeling hard to accept Vedic scholars as real scholars i am sorry you are terribly and fradulently mistaken and will never prosper in ur field.
    If someone points out there are no Tamil Mathematics scholars will u agree or not?

I think this shows not only ur biasedness against Sanskrit and anything related to Sanksrit .

Hope all ends well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stranger
    Dr. Subhash Kak has a Ph.D, it does not matter what clowns like you think.
    SO WHAT?????????????

Any idiot can get a Ph.D!
    But one cannot cannot get a Ph.D in EE with no knowledge of binary, I assure you of that.
    This means all the beings who had the knowledge of yes-no, true false, and 0-1 are all phds in EE?

Do you want to say that you could be a PhD if you only had the knowledge of binary?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not ready to accept Aravindans answers as such. But i appreciate his honesty in admitting his thoughts. I am for truth.
    I am not here for promotion of tamil thereby bashing Vedic scholars.
    I can appreciate that!

This has nothing to do with thamizh. Why do you still live with such a notion?

If someone points out there are no Tamil Mathematics scholars will u agree or not?
    Thamizh or Veda are nothing to do with this topic of mathematics.

Just keep them away as much as possible!

BTW, How would you name genius Ramanujan???

I thought he happend to be a thamizhian and a scholar as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stranger
    Indian:

I wnat you to make some comment on Aravindhan's remarks before you go on BS anymore.

Do you agree with his conclusions or not:

1) Yes

2) No

3) I dont know.

Pick one answer and give it to me NOW! Thanks!
    Excuse me Strangwer, you can not expect an answer from these clowns because you offer them three options. It is one option too much.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know, but at least he found a hard way to answer rather than picking a #, which deserves a compliment or not? !

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Stranger thats what i meant. I am glad u accepted Ramanujan.
    When your friends are ready to accept Ramanujan(Great Man) why are they not accepting Aryabhatta,Bhaskaracharya,Baudhyayana. Just because they are not Tamil!?!

The reason why i introduced Tamil/Vedic here is because most of the guys here who have posted in this thread go with that. I am sure Vilakkumaru(clone of someone in the past like koH,karuvaadu etc., may be) like people are here to exploit only the above reason and nothing else. You and ur friends were asking the relevant verse associated with that. Now its equivalent to asking Ramanujans independent proof of bernoli theorem. It sure is available in the book which cannot be reproduced in time nor does anyone have time to go through the book understand the theorem and post it here as such.

Post Thanks / Like
    Incase u did not get my previous answer it was a NO. But every "No" requires a reasoning. I am sure there cannot be a "No" without a proof. There may be a "YES" without proof but definetely not a "No". If you had presented some thesis papers you wud have that potential my friend.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast