Page 100 of 151 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1502

Thread: Mrs.Mano's Tamilnadu Delicacies - Part 2

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Hulda!

We are on the process of selecting the traditional menus for the night tiffen for the previous day, and breakfast as well as lunch on the wedding day. I will soon put the menus as well as the invitation here for all my friends here.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs. Mano,

Thanks a lot for the yummy sounding murungai keerai recipes. Hope to try them soon.

Also tried the mutton chukka recipe recently. It came out very nice. Good flavour and appearance. And well appreciated by hubby and daughter... and myself too!!

Thanks for the recipe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Mano
    I am going to post a tasty chicken curry recipe here!

HYDERABAD CHICKEN CURRY

HTML Code:
    [img]http://www.sailusfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/spicy_chicken_masala_curry.JPG[/img] 
    Ingredients:

Chicken cut into small pieces- 1 kilo
    Mashed tomato- 2 cup
    Salt to taste
    Turmeric powder- half sp
    Onion-2

Fry the following ingredients in 2 tbsp of ghee to golden brown:

Curry leaves- a handful, cinnamon-1, fennel seeds- 1tbsp, poppy seeds- 1 tsp, cardamom-2, shredded coconut- 1 cup

Procedure:

Roast the onions on slow fire with the outer skin until they are burnt with black colour. Then peel off the outer cover. Grind it with the fried ingredients to a fine paste. Cook the chicken with enough water, salt, the tomatoes and the turmeric powder. When the chicken is half-cooked, add the ground paste. Cook further for at least 15 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
    Dear mrs. mano,

Above is the recent version you had posted with picture. The following is the earlier version I had in my file:

HYDERABAD CHICKEN:

Ingredients:

Chicken pieces- 1 kilo
    Finely chopped tomatoes- 2 cups
    Onion-2
    Ghee- 2 tbsp
    Red chillies-10
    Poppy seeds- 2 tsp
    Fennel seeds-1 tsp
    Curry eaves- 1 arc
    Cinnamon- 1 piece
    Cardamom-3
    Shredded coconut- 2 cups
    Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
    Enough salt

Procedure:

Grill the onions and remove the skins. Fry all the spices and the coconut in ghee to a golden brown colour and then grind them with the onions to a fine paste. Cook the chicken pieces with the tomatoes, turmeric powder, 1 cup of water and enough salt. When the chicken pieces are half cooked, add the ground paste and cook the chicken until they are fully cooked and the gravy is thickened.

Please let me know which is the accurate version. Thanks so much.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs Mano,

I usually make lot of snacks and sweets for Krishna Jayanthi but kind of repeat most of the items.I have lot of recipes for snacks,the only problem is they give rice measurements as 4 cups (soaking the rice for sometime drain ,dry and make a powder ).I don't have a indian mixie.So , i just but the ready rice flour.

Can you please tell me if they say 2 cups rice how much flour should i take?.
    thank you.
    regards,
    sk

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear SK!

I regret for the delay in replying to you. As my son's marriage is on 1st September, I could not access the internet frequently.

Usually 1 cup of rice yields 1 cup of flour. If the rice is soaked and then powdered, it will double in quantity. Then if we fry or steam and then seieve, for the idiyaappam, murukku
    varieties again it will be reduced to one cup .So if you need one cup of rice flour, you must use one cup of rice only.

Post Thanks / Like

hi

I am new to this forum. please can anyone email me mrs.manos recipe to this id:srilekhasenthil@yahoo.com

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs Mano,

Wishes on behalf of your hubber fans on your son's marriage.
    Dont know if your are settled down after the festivities...anywayz
    am here with yet another recipe request.
    There are fresh gongura leaves available in the market these days and was wondering if you could post some recipes with the same.
    Gongura dal, gongura pachadi and gongura chicken.

Thanking you in advance...ur harden Fan

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear sinrultz!

Thank you very much for your sincere wishes. My son’s marriage was celebrated in a grand style. I tried to download here the marriage invitation but couldn’t do it successfully from India due to the internet traffic. Now I am back to normal. I hope I can continue my participation in the forumhub without any interruptions hereafter. Here are a few recipes on Gongura leaves for you!
    These two fine recipes are given by my close relative. I will again post a few recipes on gongura leaves in a few days time.

GONGURA MASIYAL-1:

Ingredients:

Gongura leaves- 1 bunch
    Small garlic flakes-8
    Vadagam- half sp
    Green chilli- 2
    Salt to taste
    Turmeric powder- half sp
    Gingelly oil- 1 tbsp

Procedure:

Wash and chop finely the gongura leaves. Cook them with the green chillies, turmeric powder and a little water. Then mash them finely. Heat a pan and pour gingelly oil. Add the vadagam and slightly mashed garlic flakes. Fry them on slow fire slightly. Add the mashed keerai and enough salt. Cook for a few seconds. This can be added to the hot rice and the taste will be divine.

GONGURA MASIYAL-2

Ingredients:

Gongura leaves- 1 bunch
    Cumin seeds- ¼ sp
    Coriander seeds [slightly mashed] - 1/8 sp
    Small onions-8
    Green chilli-2
    Red chilli- 2
    Slightly mashed garlic flakes-6
    Turmeric powder- half sp
    Salt to taste
    Gingelly oil- 2 tbsp
    Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
    Black gram- half sp

Procedure:

Wash and chop finely the leaves. Cook the keerai with little water and the turmeric powder. Heat a pan and add the 1 tbsp of oil. Add the cumin seeds, and the coriander seeds. When they start to splutter add the onions, chillies and the garlic flakes and fry them on slow fire. Add the cooked keerai. Again mash finely with a masher. Again heat a small pan and add the remaining oil. Add the mustard seeds and when they splutter add the black gram and pour this on the masiyal. Cook the keerai for a few seconds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs Mano
    Hope you are relaxing after your sons marriage . Though I tried this recipe so many times , I end up with this question . What is the amount of baking soda to be used . Is it 1/4 tsp . I am pasting here the recipe for easy reference .
    GULAB JAMUN:
    Sieve 8tbsp of full cream milk powder, 3tbsp of self raising flour or plain flour, ¼ sp soda-bi-carbonate, and 1/4sp of cardamom powder thrice.
    Then add 1tbsp of soft butter to it and mix well with the fingers.
    Then add 2 ½ tbsp to 3tbsp of water to make a soft dough.
    The dough should be soft and shiny.
    Do not give pressure to the dough.
    Then make small balls out of it.
    Heat enough oil in a kadai.
    The fire should be LOW.
    Then fry the balls to a light brown colour.
    This way, the balls will be fried fully.
    At the other side, heat a vessel and pour 3 ½ cups of water with 2 cups of sugar to it.
    When the sugar syrup starts to simmer, reduce the fire to medium and add the gulab jamuns to the syrup.
    When adding the gulab jamuns, they should be still warm.
    Cook the jamuns in the same medium heat for exactly 18 minutes.
    This way, the gulab jamuns will be nicely cooked, and the syrup will be thickened to the correct consistency.
    When frying the jamuns in oil, the balls should change into bigger size- they should double in size when simmering in the syrup- This is the correct procedure of making gulab jamuns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Thattai!

I regret for my delayed response in clarifying your doubt.
    The second version of Hyderabad chicken is more perfect than the first one. In this recipe, you can reduce the quantity of shredded coconut to 1 or 1 1/2 cups.