Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Mahavishnu's Dasavatharam

Senior Member Senior Hubber kannannn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mr. Sudhamma, I am sorry to say, but your observations are flawed. It is indeed surprising that when scientists, until recently, had been grappling with the problem of finding the transitional species that conquered land from water, you have, with an air of authority, claimed that tortoise represents the link in the chain of Darwanian evolution. Could you provide a reference please? There is more to discuss on your observations, but that can wait for later.
    "Why do we need filmmaking equipment?"
    "Because, Marcel, my sweet, we're going to make a film. Just for the Nazis."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kannannn
    Mr. Sudhamma, I am sorry to say, but your observations are flawed. It is indeed surprising that when scientists, until recently, had been grappling with the problem of finding the transitional species that conquered land from water, you have, with an air of authority, claimed that tortoise represents the link in the chain of Darwanian evolution. Could you provide a reference please? There is more to discuss on your observations, but that can wait for later.
    Dear kannannn,

I am sorry to note You are diverting the topic towards a different direction... rather on the Scientific veracity... far contrary to the scope of this Thread on Epics.

If we break our heads too much on the veracity of a Vedic Scholar's findings, we can never find the end of it...

.. since both the Subjects involved viz. Science and Religion are two Great Oceans... whose real depth one can never fathom.

There are several Scientific disputes amongst the Scientists still prolonging unendingly... and perhaps this may be one amongst them.

But my point is not based on Darwin's findiings but Dr. Max muller's Religious findings based on Dr Darwin's Scientific findings.

Whatever be the intricate Scientific truth ultimately..(which is yet to be unravelled)...

..we notice practically, Tortoise is the exactly matching amphibian in this case, radically tallying with Darwin's categorisation at the second stage of Life-evolution...

.. mainly on factors like food as water-creatures, living parallelly in water as well as the adjacent land banks/ coasts...

.. alongwith such other unique phenomena...unparallel compared to other species falling under the same category as amphibian.

The factors quite relevant under this purview are...

The most exemplary creature Tortoise can support on its back any heavy object... far contrary to its soft-body...

... and also can shrink and contain its whole body within its Shell..

.. a rare characteristics and potentiality... which has been quoted in Geetha and Upanishads repeatedly under various contexts.

Besides Tortoise matches very well to Lord Vishnu in several aspects...

...mainly by the sense of Support to the Dependants... even under the struggling circumstances and challenging ordeals of Life-ocean...

..which Vishnu proves and establishes by His vital role in Koorma-awathara.

Senior Member Senior Hubber kannannn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mr. Sudhaama, to be frank I have not read Dr. Max Muller's writings. What I do know is that Tortoise is a reptile and not strictly an amphibian like the frog and scholars don't disagree that reptiles themselves represent the next evolutionary stage from amphibians. But you are right that Tortoise does exhibit the qualities that would confirm with what we expect from the Supreme God. I was just perturbed that you brought Darwin into the discussion (which is not right). Please continue the discussion on Dasavataram.
    "Why do we need filmmaking equipment?"
    "Because, Marcel, my sweet, we're going to make a film. Just for the Nazis."

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lalitha
    KALKI/BUDDHA

Senior Member Senior Hubber anbu_kathir's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sudhaama.. I think your order is incorrect. 5th was Vamaana, who is said to be a short statured Brahmin ( human ). 6th was Parasurama ( again a Brahmin and human ) , then Rama, Balarama, Krishna and Kalki follow.

More information here.

http://www.srivaishnavam.com/stotras...am_meaning.htm

Love and Light

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by anbu_kathir
    Sudhaama.. I think your order is incorrect. 5th was Vamaana, who is said to be a short statured Brahmin ( human ). 6th was Parasurama ( again a Brahmin and human ) , then Rama, Balarama, Krishna and Kalki follow.

More information here.

http://www.srivaishnavam.com/stotras...am_meaning.htm

Love and Light
    Yes my dear "anbu kathir".. You are correct.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112