Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mahavishnu's Dasavatharam

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Mahavishnu's Dasavatharam

Shall we exchange information and thoughts on Sri Vishnu's 10 avatars....

I heard this 10 avatar is strikingly similar to Darwin's evolution theory also which sounds quite interesting...

Looking forward to healthy and constructive information on the 9 avatars till date and the 10th one which is expected during the kaliyug....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Starting with the Avatars as I know ... .

MATSYA - FISH
    KOORMA - TORTOISE
    VARAGHA - PIG
    SIMHA - LION
    VAMANA - DWARF
    PARASURAM -
    RAM-
    BALARAM-
    KRISHNA-
    KALKI / BUDHA-

How does this relate with the evolution theory of Darwin ? I find the topic very interesting but hardly know much on this - would like to be enlightened on this and the avatars.

Senior Member Senior Hubber Idiappam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have fish - warm blooded ok!
    We have tortise - a reptile
    We have the Pig and the Lion -- mammals
    Vamana - we can assume as human
    the rest - only the lord know what!

How close can that be with Darwin's evolution stuff? Or is something missing there?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PARASURAM -
    RAM-
    BALARAM-
    KRISHNA-
    Ppl with a brain know what. HUMANS!
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    //
    VAMANA - DWARF
    PARASURAM -
    //

You may have heard this.

Vamana kicked Mahabhali (King of Kerala) down to pathala. But Kerala itself was created by Parashurama (who was born after Vamana). How did that happen?

My answer: When Vamana kicked Maveli down to pathala he did it so hard that Kerala also went below sea and sensing the mistake Vishnu came again as Parashurama and lifted it up.

George Bush is trying the same in Iraq

Anyway one thing is clear Gods had great interest Kerala (Gods own country). After all the first two human Avatars spend good amount of time in Kerala.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont understand why Vishnu took the avatar of Balaraman. He didnt do anything more that what Lakshmanan(avatar of Anandan) did for Sri Raman.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info on Kerala, Vamana, and Parasuram.

I've often wondered about Balram also.

Now... I thought that Lakshman was the avatar of Aatheseshaa. or is Anandan another name for Aatheseshaa?
    Back after a while...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surya
    Thanks for the info on Kerala, Vamana, and Parasuram.
    Hope you didnt take the "my answer" part seriously. There is no mythological background to that.

I've often wondered about Balram also.
    I have often seen Balaraman replaced by Buddha (I have never before seen Kalki being mentioned as Buddha)

Now... I thought that Lakshman was the avatar of Aatheseshaa. or is Anandan another name for Aatheseshaa?
    They are the same; the snake, Vishnu and MahaLakshmi resides on in Vaikuntam. Have you heard about Ananda Pathmanabha temple in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala (popular more for historical reasons than mythology).

Senior Member Devoted Hubber devapriya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mahavishnu Avatars

Friends,

I saw Avatars being looked more Scientifically by Uppuma in another thread and I QUOTE it here for friends
    [quote]I got this from one of my Archives downloaded, without the source, a beautiful view of Vedic Avathars of Lord- Vishnu, which is linked to Darwin’s Theory, and we feel how Great is Indian Vedic Civilisation from 5000 years or earlier.

உயிரியல் கொள்கையாக விளங்கும் டார்வின் கோட்பாட்டை விளக்குவதாய்த் திருமாலின் 10 அவதாரங்கள் அமைந்துள்ளன. நீரில் வாழும் உயிராக மச்சாவதாரம், நீரிலும் நிலத்திலும் வாழும் தன்மையுடைய உயிராக கூர்மவதாரம், நிலத்திலே மட்டுமே வாழுகின்ற தன்மையுடைய விலங்காக வாரக அவதாரம், பிறகு விலங்கும் மனிதனுமாக நரசிம்ம அவதாரம், அதன் பின்னரே வளர்ச்சி அடைந்த முழு மனிதனாக கிருஷ்ணன், இராமன் அவரதாங்கள்.

அதில் மனிதனை நெறிப்படுத்தும் தத்துவங்களை மீறிய ஒரு விஞ்ஞான அதிசயம் பொதிந்து கிடப்பதுதான் முக்கியம். உயிர்களின் வளர்ச்சியை பரிணாமப் படிகளாக உலகுக்கு அறிவித்த டார்வின் சித்தாந்தம் இந்துமத இதிகாசங்கள் பொருந்தி இருப்பதைக் காணலாம்.
    டார்வினுக்கு நமது இந்து மதத்தில் உள்ள 10 அவதாரங்களைத் தெரிய வாய்ப்பு இல்லை. ஆரம்பத்தில் உயிரனங்கள் தண்ணீரில் தோன்றியது. பிறகு அதே உயிரினம் தண்ணீரிலும் நிலத்திலும் வாழும் தகுதி பெற்றது. அதன் பிறகு நிலத்தில் வாழும் விலங்குகள். அடுத்து படிப்படியாக அந்த விலங்குகள் வளர்ச்சி பெற்று குரங்காகி அதிலிருந்து மனிதன் தோன்றினான். இந்த மூன்று அவதாரங்களை கவனித்தால் டார்வின் விஞ்ஞானியின் பரிணாமக் கொள்கையோடு ஒத்துப் போகிறது. இங்கேயும் செல் [ஜீன்] விஷயம் தெரிகிறது. மனிதனுக்கு அவனது ஜீன்கள் என்ற ஜீவ அணுவில் ஏற்கனவே எல்லாம் கற்றுக் கொடுக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது. எதை, எந்த காலகட்டத்தில் அவன் கண்டுபிடிக்க வேண்டும் என்ற விதி ஏற்கனவே நிர்ணயிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது. அப்படித்தான் இருக்கவேண்டும் என்ற விதி. அதன்படிதான் மனித குலம் வளர்ந்து வருகிறது என்கிறார்கள் ஆராய்ச்சியாளர்கள்.
    மீனில் ஆரம்பித்த அவதாரம் 5-வது அவதாரமாக வருவது வாமன அவதாரம். வாமன அவதாரம் என்பது விஞ்ஞான ரீதியாக பரிணாம வளர்ச்சியில் மிகச் சரியானது. இந்துமத இதிகாசங்கள் ஆயிரக்கணக்கான ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன்பே அறிந்து வெளியிட்டுள்ள அறிவியல் செய்தி.
    மற்ற அவதார புருஷர்களைவிட இவர் குள்ளமானவர்! நான்கு அவதாரங்களை அடுத்து மிகச் சரியாக விடுபட்ட [ மிஸ்ஸிங் லிங்க் ] இந்த குள்ளமான வாமன அவதாரம். விஞ்ஞானத்திற்கு ஒரு முன்னோடியாக இருக்கிறது.
    ''மிஸ்ஸிங் லிங்க் ''என்பது உயிரின வளர்ச்சிப் படிகளில் அடிக்கடி உபயோகிக்கப்படும் ஒரு சொல். '' விட்டுப்போன கண்ணி '' குரங்கிலிருந்து மனிதன் தோன்றினான் என்று விஞ்ஞானம் ஒப்புக் கொண்டாலும் குரங்குக்கும் மனிதனுக்கும் இடையில் ஏதோ ஒன்று இருக்கிறது. அந்த மிஸ்ஸிங் லிங்க் எதுவென்று விஞ்ஞானிகள் அவ்வப்போது தலையை பிய்த்துக் கொள்கிறார்கள். ஆனால் குரங்குக்கும் மனிதனுக்கும் உள்ள உருவ ஒற்றுமையைப்
    பார்த்தால் விடுப்படவில்லை என்பது தெளிவாகுகிறது.
    டார்வின் சித்தாந்தப்படி உயிர்கள் தண்ணீரில்தான் உருவாயிற்று என்று 200 ஆண்டுகளுக்குமுன்னால்தான் ஆச்சரியமாக கண்டறியப்பட்டு. இந்து மத இதிகாசங்கள் ஆயிரக்கணக்கான
    ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன்னமே முதல் அவதாரமாக 1.' மச்ச அவதாரம்' என்று மிகச் சரியாக காட்டியுள்ளது.
    2. 'கூர்ம அவதாரம்' [மை வடிவம்].
    3. 'வராக அவதாரம்' 4.காட்டுக்கு ராஜாவான சிங்கத்திற்கு 'சிம்மாவதாரம்'.
    5. மிருகங்களிலிருந்து முதுகுத் தண்டு நிமிர ஆரம்பித்த குள்ள ஜீவனான 'வாமன அவதாரம்.
    6வது பரசுராம அவதாரம், 7வது அவதாரம்
    இராம அவதாரம் 8வது பலராம அவதாரம்.
    எல்லாமே மனிதன் சாதாரணக் கருவிகளான வில்
    ஈட்டி, கோடாரியை பயன்படுத்திய காலகட்ட அவதாரங்கள்!
    A beautiful application of SCIENTIFIC idea on Ancient Indian HERITAGE, and Valluvar refers the Vamana Avatar, and Paripadal of Sangam Lit. gives complete Ten Dasavahara.
    Uppuma.
    [/quoe
    Please discuss.

devapriya

Senior Member Senior Hubber kannannn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmm... intersting thread. But IMHO, the so called missing link is not explained by the Vamana avatar. Richard Leaky (one of the world's foremost paleontologists and discoverer of the 'Turkana Boy'), in his book, 'The Origin of Mankind' states that the exact evoulution from ~100,000 BC to ~20,000 BC (or around that time) is a point of bitter fighting between experts and can be argued about endlessly. But for the most part, the chain in the evolution of modern man has been sorted out through fozziled remains. And evolution of modern man has mainly to do with the size of brain. The height factor is not of much consequence. This thread reminds me of one of the arguments of the christian right: adam and eve were apes!! I wonder if we are veering to the same path!
    "Why do we need filmmaking equipment?"
    "Because, Marcel, my sweet, we're going to make a film. Just for the Nazis."

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast