Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mahavishnu's Dasavatharam

Post Thanks / Like

Buddha is an avatar of Lord

shoyonika, I strongly condemn such statements. Does it say anywhere in the puranas that Buddha is the ninth avatar? My friend is a practising Buddhist and I can assure you that Buddhists are deeply offended by such statements and depictions of Buddha as an avatar of Vishnu. Have you read the history and teachings of Buddha? They go against all prescribed norms of the hindu religion. How can you then include his name in this?
    I make no haste in writing such articles. Please do your research in SrimadBhagavatham as homework for which I`ll give you the reference too. Secondly, Buddha taught the anti-veda path for a reason which if mentioned, would hurt the sentiments of others, nevertheless, he is also an avatar of Lord Vishnu.
    refer to SrimadBhagavatha:-http://www.srimadbhagavatam.org/canto2/chapter7.html
    under this link, check the 37th shloka. and http://www.srimadbhagavatam.org/canto6/chapter8.html under 19th shloka.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber kannannn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You indeed do make haste in writing such articles. I don't need any homework from you. When was the Bhagawatham written? When did Buddha live? What is the reason for Buddha's anti-veda path (see my above posting for an explanation of Buddha's teachings). This is again the campaign of the sangh-parivar and even hindus before them appropriate Buddhism, since they know that the teachings of Buddhism threatened the very existence of hinduism. You do your homework shoyonika. I post this link for your reference:
    http://www.ambedkar.org/buddhism/Dep...a_as_Hindu.htm

You can also search the net for Buddhism. Your challenge is to make a Buddhist accept that Buddha was an incarnation of Vishnu. What is the use if you can't convince Buddhists themselves.
    "Why do we need filmmaking equipment?"
    "Because, Marcel, my sweet, we're going to make a film. Just for the Nazis."

Post Thanks / Like

haste makes waste

indian..., let me clear a few things for you. According to Buddha, even if god existed, he is subject to the same changes are humans. Is this not against the stated hindu belief of the omnipotent god? He also said that it is therefore of no use to pray god. What you sow is what you reap. God doesn't enter the equation in this. The only way to break the cycle of life and death is through Nirvana and not through praise of god. Is this not against the hindu philosophy of 'sarvam krishnarpanam'? Then how come Buddha came into the list? I am waiting for your answer.
    Before questioning others, do learn by yourself some points atleast, atleast correct points.
    The teachings of Buddha never denies gods existence, but it says once has to achieve salvation through rigourous punishments to the body. He also said that good karma leads you into the light of nirvana whereas bad karma shows you to the world of yama. And what did you say about Buddha telling no use in praying to god?
    Then why does he sit in the holy lotus posture and meditate? Now you are hurting Buddhists by saying that they are praying to Buddha in their temples without any use, be careful. This is offensive.

Post Thanks / Like
    And I am not done. A similar campaign was started recently by the 'sangh parivar' to include sikhs into hinduism. After widespread condemnation and violence by sikhs in Punjab and other sikh majority areas, they had to relent and retreat.

Post Thanks / Like

no need to convince anyone

You can also search the net for Buddhism. Your challenge is to make a Buddhist accept that Buddha was an incarnation of Vishnu. What is the use if you can't convince Buddhists themselves.
    There is no need to convince anyone about it that Buddha is an avatar of Lord. And about SrimadBhagavatham well it was written by Sage Sri KrishnaDwaipayana or Badarayana or Veda Vyasa( all are the names of a single person) who had predicted all that is happning now beforehand itself. He said the Lord will appear as Buddha to cleanse the soul of men from impurities.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: haste makes waste

Quote Originally Posted by "shoyonika
    The teachings of Buddha never denies gods existence, but it says once has to achieve salvation through rigourous punishments to the body. He also said that good karma leads you into the light of nirvana whereas bad karma shows you to the world of yama. And what did you say about Buddha telling no use in praying to god?
    Then why does he sit in the holy lotus posture and meditate? Now you are hurting Buddhists by saying that they are praying to Buddha in their temples without any use, be careful. This is offensive.
    There you go. Ignorant to the core. I already mentioned that Buddha did not deny the existence of god. Buddha initially thought that the route to salvation is by punishing the body. But he later realised that it not through punishment but through good karma that one attains nirvana. And FYI meditation does not only mean thinking about god and praying to him (that's why you need to come outside the sphere of god and see other things in life). If I meditate thinking about Buddha it doesn't mean that I am praying him. Write only if you are sure about something.

Post Thanks / Like
    And I am not done. A similar campaign was started recently by the 'sangh parivar' to include sikhs into hinduism. After widespread condemnation and violence by sikhs in Punjab and other sikh majority areas, they had to relent and retreat.
    whether anyone believes it or not, Buddhists too are Hindus as are Sikhs, and no need to prove what already is true.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: no need to convince anyone

Quote Originally Posted by shoyonika
    There is no need to convince anyone about it that Buddha is an avatar of Lord. And about SrimadBhagavatham well it was written by Sage Sri KrishnaDwaipayana or Badarayana or Veda Vyasa( all are the names of a single person) who had predicted all that is happning now beforehand itself. He said the Lord will appear as Buddha to cleanse the soul of men from impurities.
    And Buddha means 'the enlightened'. Even accepting that the authors of Bhagaawtam foresaw the event, how do you know that they ment 'Gouthama Buddha'. It could have been any enlightened one. Even Mahaveer. And what is the use if Buddhists, who know more about their religion don't accept your points. Wait, there is a name for someone talking to themselves about something others don't believe.

Post Thanks / Like

what an explaination

There you go. Ignorant to the core. I already mentioned that Buddha did not deny the existence of god. Buddha initially thought that the route to salvation is by punishing the body. But he later realised that it not through punishment but through good karma that one attains nirvana. And FYI meditation does not only mean thinking about god and praying to him (that's why you need to come outside the sphere of god and see other things in life). If I meditate thinking about Buddha it doesn't mean that I am praying him. Write only if you are sure about something.
    me and ignorant?
    where did you come accross all this typo errors? do post them so that I can try correct atleast ones which are not beyond repairs. Meditation means what? fixing your mind in one particular direction, and meditating thinking of Buddha without praying him?
    does this sentence make any sense?

Post Thanks / Like

use it, dont waste what god has given you.

And Buddha means 'the enlightened'. Even accepting that the authors of Bhagaawtam foresaw the event, how do you know that they ment 'Gouthama Buddha'. It could have been any enlightened one. Even Mahaveer. And what is the use if Buddhists, who know more about their religion don't accept your points. Wait, there is a name for someone talking to themselves about something others don't believe.
    we know he was Gowthama Buddha because the SrimadBhagavatham directly mentions the lineage of Buddha as of Rishi Gowthama and has the same names that buddhists use today they are Gowthama, Siddhartha, Shuddhodani, and Shakyamuni to name a few.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast