Page 11 of 81 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: déjà vu ( 1. A LEARNED YES)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My Good God !

Yenakku yenna solradhu nne theriyala ! But one thing is so sure
    I ve impelled something in you guys ! :P

Well seems like there was a lot of discussions here ! Am very happy that so many guys were tehre n discussing bRahmana bAshai !

Ippo therinju pochu inga yethana peru maamis mentality a ulla vechu kittu irukkanga nnu Anyways jokes apart ..............

I guess those kind of dialogues are boring are they ? but when i have to reality of happennings in the story, i am forced to use such a language ... bear with me ! but thats not gonna continue ... coz soon the story is gonna shift to two more very known places ..... and in fact some more places which u may have heard ! I hope i shld be able to make Saga 12 today !
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just some clowning between the scenes!!!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi PP ! Cha avvalavudhaanaa ... i thought i ve provoked something in u guys ....

kadaisila ippadi buusssss nnu aayiduche !
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

naadagaththula aduththa scene readyaakiRa varaikkum audiencekku pozuthu pORathukku konjsam kooththadichchOm!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Post Thanks / Like
    kooothaaaa ? kizhinjudhu ponga ..... seri yeppadi irundhaalum screen thirandha appuram yellarum silent a aayiduveenga coz 12 is again very interesting like 10

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Arthi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambretta
    *DIGR*
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthi
    Since am from SRIRANGAM... I can Visvalize scene by scene...
    Ohh......r u? My dad's ancestors also wer from their, they later moved & settled in Andhra.......(I think my gr8 gr8 grandfather onwards...... )....I've never been ther tho!
    Btw, I hear its still a very traditional place...? Jus curious!
    Yes Lambretta, it is a traditional place...

Some highlights abt Enga Oor

In Vaishnava sampradhayam there are 108 tirupathi's, out of that SIRANGAM is the FIRST Tirupathi
    "Srirangam" is an Island which is surrounded by the waters of river Kaveri.
    The towering height of the Rajagopuram of the Sri Ranganatha temple is 236-feet, which is ASIA's highest tower
    In the Vaishnava parlance, the term "Koil" signifies the Srirangam temple only. This is the only kovil where almost all Alwars Periyalvar,Andal,Kulasekhara Alvar,Tirumalisai Alvar ,Tondaradippodi Alvar,Tirruppanalvar,Tirumangai Alvar,Poygai Alvar,Bhoothatalvar,Peyalvar,Nammalvar decidated their hymns
    and this ARTHI is also 4m SRIRANGAM only
    Sarva dharman parithyajya mamekam sharanam vraja, aham thva sarvapapebhyo mokshayishyami ma suchaha

Post Thanks / Like
    DIGR

Well Said Arthi .... Some more info to the place

Srirangam (Sri Rangam) is located 2 km north of Tiruchirappalli. The main deity is Lord Ranganatha, or Lord Vishnu, reclining on Sesa Naga. This temple is the foremost of the eight self-manifested shrines of Lord Vishnu (Swayam Vyakta Ksetras).
    It was sung about by all the Alwars (the Tamil Vaishnava saints), except Madhurakavi.(Kovilukkullayum politics pola )

Since that time Sri Ranganatha has stayed at Srirangam. It is said that the deity faces south, instead of the traditional east, so as to face Vibhishana in Sri Lanka, to grace him and his kingdom. The sanctum (altar) faces south and the main entrance is also from the south (normally it is from the east). It is believed that Vibhishana goes to Srirangam every 12 years to worship the Lord.

The main deity is Lord Ranganatha, or Lord Vishnu, reclining on Sesa Naga. He is 6.4 m (21 ft) long. Lord Ranganatha is in a recumbent pose with his right shoulder facing south. He is on a couch provided by the coils of the celestial serpent Adi Sesa, who has five raised and wide-open hoods. Near his feet are seated his two consorts, Sri Bhu and Sri Neela.

/DIGR

Post Thanks / Like
    Why Madurakavi azhwar did sing any song? do u know?

Was Madhurakavi a king from Kerala?
    Wow here also my interested topic has been started
    Sarva dharman parithyajya mamekam sharanam vraja, aham thva sarvapapebhyo mokshayishyami ma suchaha

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok Bingle coming to the STORY
    Where does shree, sharmi stay?
    In which college are they studying? My college??

Post Thanks / Like
    Arthi ... do u really wanna know those stuffs .....

Well i ve described abt the college and also about the place where they take the bus and ofcourse i ve explained n even said which place they stay in -> they stay in Srirangam near the West Gate (Merkku Gopuram) n the house described is also a real one the corner house facing the majestic west walls of the temple !

n about madurakavi ... still am not sure about this fact ... some scripts say, he has sung ... some not !but i am not able to find any of his writings on this place !

Page 11 of 81 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast