Page 49 of 81 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: déjà vu ( 1. A LEARNED YES)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well said Rami !

But sadly, world s becoming such, many dont want relations

probably one day, sitting alone in their lazy boy couch, sitting in front of the flat screen TV, having a HDTV in hand, cool under the split AC, with their favorite jean n tee ....... Ppl will miss something in their life, a happy union ! Family !
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    rami akka thanks!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Arthi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bingleguy
    Well said Rami !

But sadly, world s becoming such, many dont want relations

probably one day, sitting alone in their lazy boy couch, sitting in front of the flat screen TV, having a HDTV in hand, cool under the split AC, with their favorite jean n tee ....... Ppl will miss something in their life, a happy union ! Family !
    What made u to write like this? cld u plz expalin?
    World is not becoming such Bingle, it is all in our hand... we should prioritize our needs... whom/which is important in our life that we need to decide.
    In my view this world is very beautiful with lovely friends/relations
    Sarva dharman parithyajya mamekam sharanam vraja, aham thva sarvapapebhyo mokshayishyami ma suchaha

Post Thanks / Like
    Arthi .... i meant ... ppl dont want relations !
    Sadly that is happenning nowadays !

Thani kudithanam concept can be linked to this .... but not fully, many, though they come seperate, will have contacts with relations, they need ppl ! but many are there who come seperate to move away from the relation world ! Relations i mean, not only blooded relations, even friends, society ... how many of us know our neighbours tell me honestly ... ppl who are living in homes(exclude bachelors who live a joint life) .....
    We will be really astonished to know the fact, that hardly we know our next house / next flat person ! Even today townships exist ... for the reason that they all are one ... but think in metros.... how many know their neighbours !?

Wat are we goin to do alone yaar ? Is the above mentioned gadgets our part of life always ? NO ... we need ppl, we need relationships ... we need friends, we need to learn to live together !

This is wat i mentioned Arthi ! Today, metros decide the life of a Country !We decide life in the WEST seeing places like New York n Washington ... but they are not US ... they are just part of US ! Similarly ppl in Metros here n India, play an important role in deciding how our Country is focussed ! Many of them, particularly young couples, wanted to lead a lonely life ... donno why ... sorry to say, he for her life fulla irukka mudiyumaa they need family !
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    We decide life in the WEST seeing places like New York n Washington ... but they are not US ... they are just part of US ! Similarly ppl in Metros here n India, play an important role in deciding how our Country is focussed ! Many of them, particularly young couples, wanted to lead a lonely life ... donno why ... sorry to say, he for her life fulla irukka mudiyumaa they need family !
    hm i donno my neighbour, iam trying to pass my hi to her, but she is always invisible! somehow thats true...................life and the way we live sucks these days.
    we think job and our family is enough and specially for those who live in foreign......................life is miserables!
    cant blame foreign.................but donno.... people change so quickly here in foreign countries and people get sick of their life and people even get depressed.
    we no longer know how to smile, we get suspicious to smile!
    maybe this THE AGE OF KALI

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Arthi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy
    we no longer know how to smile, we get suspicious to smile!
    maybe this THE AGE OF KALI
    Oh that is why you cry often

Just kidding Crazy, take it sportively
    Sarva dharman parithyajya mamekam sharanam vraja, aham thva sarvapapebhyo mokshayishyami ma suchaha

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Bingle, was away from the net for the last ten days so I read 17,18 (and the ensuing exchanges about 18) today.

17 was very stylish, highly visual (as the rest of the story has been till now). From the clove oil to the slip-ogler, you made him go places. The chapter ended with a nice hook. I have always liked that style and have said so here. So I take the liberty of saying the following:

18 was disappointing. One person talking, raining opinions, arguing in well chosen words are of such prehistoric style that ill-suite a visual storyteller such as you.

The arguments and responses to 18 show that you are eager to discuss moral rights and wrongs (thankfully only discuss not establish them). Fine, but that cannot be at the cost of the storytelling. Establishing what each character thinks and emptying out the persona in her own words serves to (slightly) undo your rich characterizations.

Moreover as a storyteller your only commitment is to the story. Secondary agendas (if you have any such - like moral arguments) must be dealt with brutal coldness.

If we didn't get the seating arrangement subtlety the first time, we'll get it when Aditi and Akash converse. And even if we do miss it, the loss is ours not yours. Why do I mention this: because the eagerness to communicate often dulls the writer's subtlety, which will be a huge loss.
    It is perfectly fine to reward the careful readers.

Of course my reading may be completely wrong and I may be overreacting. The long conversation may be more than just a pulpit talk and may actually be central to the story to come. In that case I'd be glad to be wrong.

cheers !

Digression: Who is that in your icon ?
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rami's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Prabhu ram ji ,

that is bingle himself..

The realization of happiness happens only after experience of pain.

If we desire to blossom like a flower in the garden of life,
    Then we must learn the art of adjusting our life with the thorns!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    Moreover as a storyteller your only commitment is to the story. Secondary agendas (if you have any such - like moral arguments) must be dealt with brutal coldness.
    I agree ! Lets forget wat is given here ! But i personally feel there shld be discussion like facts n happennings ... sometimes to give completeness to the character !

There is no necessity for JKB to get the influence of a girl and drinks in Sindhu Bhairavi ... but that was necessary to show that he is derailing from his original path - MUSIC !

Here i ve used a similar showcase ! Shree did have an experience, that shld have been understood from the last sentence of Saga 18 here i ve used her experience and family thoughts (i understand that u are aware of such kind of feelings... are still prevalent in brahmin houses .. even today) ~ This was the one, which i wanted to show here ! Also there is something related to this coming forward

If we didn't get the seating arrangement subtlety the first time, we'll get it when Aditi and Akash converse. And even if we do miss it, the loss is ours not yours. Why do I mention this: because the eagerness to communicate often dulls the writer's subtlety, which will be a huge loss.
    It is perfectly fine to reward the careful readers.

Of course my reading may be completely wrong and I may be overreacting. The long conversation may be more than just a pulpit talk and may actually be central to the story to come. In that case I'd be glad to be wrong.

cheers !
    Bulls eye ! It was a pulpit about the character Shree .... her experience and very much her feeling about LOVE ! well i wont say this would form a central to the story to come, but still this will play a role in the story to come
    Digression: Who is that in your icon ?
    Prabhu sir ... That is me !

Post Thanks / Like
    Here i ve used a similar showcase ! Shree did have an experience, that shld have been understood from the last sentence of Saga 18 here i ve used her experience and family thoughts (i understand that u are aware of such kind of feelings... are still prevalent in brahmin houses .. even today) ~

This was the one, which i wanted to show here !
    I think I did not make myself clear. Showing the existing feelings and arguments and painting a picture of the social set-up thought process may be important, but doing it via a monologue was a slight dip in style. Shree's emotional scars could have been hinted without elaborating her arguments, or so I felt.
    There is no necessity for JKB to get the influence of a girl and drinks in Sindhu Bhairavi ... but that was necessary to show that he is derailing from his original path - MUSIC !
    I'm not sure the analogy applies. It would have applied if JKB tried to go extempore about his opinion on love in general and how it messed with his music.

I seem to have given the impression that I am not interested in any of Shree's experiences and feelings. On the contrary I am eager to know about her ideas and experiences that caused the ideas. That is because I am able to visualize her as a person thanks to your detailed characterization. So the eagerness is itself is the result of your minimal and highly visual narrative style. All I wanted to say was, for the first time in the story there was more "tell" than "show".

All said and done, there is no denying 18 did tell a lot about Shree. I eagerly await the next instalment.

Prabhu sir ... That is me !
    Oh great. I guess Prabhu should do (then) .
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Page 49 of 81 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast