Thread: University/College life around the world

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

University/College life around the world

Hello everyone,
    I know that alot of people come and post on this forum and not all are necessarly from India.
    I just wanted to make this thread to talk about how everyones university /college life differs as we move across the world.

Im from Canada and im in my 3rd year of IT Managment. I guess university life here is for most people a new experience. Alot of people like uni because they can go clubbing /partying, and hang out with friends.

I know that in india its much more serious than in Canada..Mostly from what i hear /see in movies etc etc...

so tell me how life is where you are...

-Shayanthi

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    i am also from KANATA and went to western. they discriminate. White people look down on us and i dont like it. Stay in Toronto if you are brown. If you are brown woman looking to stray go to uni elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    HEY!!im going to the states in three months !! to start college ofcourse..
    do they really discriminate agianst us? i mean im not dark or nething ..but as indians are we shunned or something???

im hoping four years in the states is gonna be a nice experience..

Post Thanks / Like
    b77 - Obviously not all people are pieces of sh*t. Just be prepared for serious discrimination by some. The ones that do discriminate will make sure you feel it. Make sure you go there strong. Don't forget who you are,and represent with strength. You must be proud brown man/woman.
    Find the good ones of the different breeds and accept them with open arms. Then the sh*t ones of those breeds will observe and acknowledge the reality of people. Eventually those ones will start to accept you for who you are.
    When you first get there just be wary of things - wary of who you are and the fact that you are not white and you are not black. Keep your guard up; be STRONG in mind (and body); and overtly show them your way of life, beliefs, way you dress, eat, cook etc... everything. Be strong and proud to be BROWN.
    You MUST represent.
    Do you understand what I am trying to say to you?
    words of advice from unle siv

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    b777 if you are going to Purdue my guess is that you are going to teach classes while doing your Phd? whatever discrimination you get from students is just going to cost them their precious money and education...so don't worry they will surely be nice...are you saying those who are dark are discriminated more? Or that you being not dark makes you more acceptable than others? I wouldn't be surprised if first week you already have picked up accent and phrases not to mention be way too busy to go around and actually encounter the 'unenlightened' kind...

Senior Member Senior Hubber nirosha sen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, I had a friend who went to Purdue University and he appeared to have had a good time!! Actually worked there for years too!!

Overall, Indiana state may look like red neck country, but as long as you know your stuff, you can hold your own anywhere, Pa!!