Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Is tamil derived from Sanskrit

Senior Member Senior Hubber Idiappam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudhaama
    Mr. Idiappam....

I am already well-known to you... from the Old Hub... Are you able to Recognize me?
    Thank you Mr Sudhaama, for your kind explantion. And I am truly sorry I don't recognise you! Unveil please!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Friends,

Recently I came across the German word for Round and it is 'Runde' This is very close to our Tamil word 'URunde'. So is the word for Head - 'Rundam' as it is round(I'am not sure if it is a Sanskrit word taken up by Tamil).
    can anyone give me an insight into these words, the language from which this word originated and your reasons please...

Thanks

Srini

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Sivan alla Sinan?

Thiru A P MASILAMANI avargaLae!

vannakkam

I recently come across this conflict over the name 'Sivan.' Recently on a tv show, Thiru Paappaiya clarified this name as something to have originated from the word 'sinan' which he gave definition as in that name indicated the 'Samanar'(Jain) God or the Buddhar. I also have found a Tamil dictionary denoting the meaning of this word 'sinan' being used for the 'atukak kadavul' which is of Samanar (Jainism) and or for Buddhar of bowththam (buddhism). What is your explanation to such issue?

nanRi, paNivu

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Gather to Invent Tamil Military ranking levels

Vannakkam,

The Thamizh people face issue interm of coming up with the specific names for Army, Navy, Air Force ranking levels. Once Thiru A P MASILAMANI said here under this topic something like that because Thamizh people had group of people traditionally being involved in the military and whenthat when things went under foreigner hand and through time, these group of people formed into castes etc. I would like Thiru A P MASILAMANI to refresh on this issue if he can. Then I have told him about what Thiru Paranathan told me, which was that we could use the names of the trees like 'vEmpu' and the flowers of Thamizh Sanga Academy time to come up with these ranks. Although the European system or any foreign system is being used, there is no need for us to "follow" their foot print. I haven't come across any Thamizh ranking level that has been invented yet, and since only LTT is the only organization which is Thamizh and has Naval and Arm and Air Forces and the Thamizh Nadu with its state police, there hasn't been any enforcement yet occured to invent any ranking levels. Thus please input your comments regarding this and participate and we may come up with a new ranking system. Please take in consideration that we can't just apply names without reasoning and correlating them with the level of ranking by mean of nature or historical relation to the ranks. Not only that but these names have to Thamizh and Thamizh alone.

nanRi paNhivu

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Is tamil originated from sanskrit

Sanskrit was evolved from tamil. All sanskrit words will have root in tamil. Most of the sanskrit words contain a combination of two or three tamil words phonetically shrinked in nature.

We can give lot of examples for that.

Kallvan or Kallan was not evolved from the root kallham as sudhaama claims. It was evolved from the word 'Kal' which means beauty or 'mayankavaikkira'. Most of the gods of second century specified as 'kallar'. Thirupathy venkatachalapathy is called 'Sri kallar Piran'. Think about 'Kalllagar' a god in Madurai is called 'Chokkanathar'.Kalam and kalar were also evolved from the root word 'Kal'.

Mutharaiyar = Muthu + arayar. In this,arayar was evolved from 'araiyar' which was later arasar and now rajar in sanskrit. Not tharaiyar and the story chera,chola and pandya control.
    "Kal thonri man thontra kalathay mun thonri mootha kudi"- a second century literature- means when before stone became sand in earth the tamil tribes were formulated

Post Thanks / Like

the origin of word sugar

Sarkarai= Sarukkarai=saru+karai. It is taken from 'Karumbu saru' . That's why sarukkarai=sarkarai=sakkra=sakura=sugura=sugar.

Think about the word Karu phonetical connotation with/rhymes with saru (root word for karai which means wall or 'suvar'). Suvar cannot the distorted. Karai also cannot be distorted from cloth.

When sugarcane saru spread on cloth it cannot be removed easily.

And from Cheeni was from 'Srini'- Cheerni(tamil)= Cheer+n+e- 'Cheer' here means beauty. There was a custom in any language white and cleaniliness are called as beauty. Think about 'Cheer-sanathy' for bride.

Thiru or Srini means beauty.

for example the name srinivasan.
    "Kal thonri man thontra kalathay mun thonri mootha kudi"- a second century literature- means when before stone became sand in earth the tamil tribes were formulated

Post Thanks / Like

the origin of word sugar

Sarkarai= Sarukkarai=saru+karai. It is taken from 'Karumbu saru' . That's why sarukkarai=sarkarai=sakkra=sakura=sugura=sugar.

Think about the word Karu phonetical connotation with/rhymes with saru (root word for karai which means wall or 'suvar'). Suvar cannot be distorted. Karai also cannot be distorted from cloth.

When sugarcane saru spread on cloth it cannot be removed easily.

And Cheeni was from 'Srini'- Cheerni(tamil)= Cheer+n+e- 'Cheer' here means beauty. There was a custom in any language white and cleaniliness are called as beauty. Think about 'Cheer-sanathy' for bride.

Thiru or Srini means beauty.

for example the name srinivasan.

Post Thanks / Like

Is tamil derived from sanskrit

Dear friends,

I happen to come across the discussion regarding some roots of words in this thread.

When we analyse the root of any word we have to keep one thing in mind is that the people who coined the new word must have some perception about already existing words.

Hence the root of the coined word and the old word will be same and will have same meaning.

Tamil is natural language and you can observe lot of words formulated with same roots.

All other artificial languages wont have that kind of root words.

Sitpikal and silai had same root 'sil' which means a small piece of stone.

Small pieces are carved out in stones and so the words formed.

kavai had root in 'kavvu'- a verb based.

kavanam, kavithai, kavarthal and kavasam-Kavvu is the root specifies 'abstract of whole thing'

kovaipalam-kovapalam- kovam+palam- Kovam is always specified by red. So red palam is kovappalam -kovaipalam.

Konam-Ko+am Ko-top most position-ucchi in tamil. konal,koni are other words having same root.

kalasam-kalayam-kal+am, rigid and made out of stone is the meaning. Later all kalasams are covered by gold or Impone(Alloy)

f.s.gandhi

Post Thanks / Like

Is tamil...

The root of words

Cauvery= kaviri= kal+viri- Kal means base. Compare words kalkol(base) iduthal,kalvai,kal-leg(Human element).

Therefore a 'wide base' is the meaning.

widhavai= vidu+avai. Avai here specifies the marriage sitting.

You would have watched the phrase 'sabayil mothiram podurathu
    thane chiranthathu"- Putting ring in sabai is best. sabai evolved from avai.

Valluvar says koothattu avai.

Hence who unfortunately last the chances of entering into the avai
    or marriage/husband /companion naturally might be called vidhavai.

f.s.gandhi

Post Thanks / Like

IS tamil.....

Words root:

samutthiram=sam+mutthiram- sam is from um and am means clubbing.

Ezham=Ellem=suriyan

Elenkai=ellem+kai- suryan ray.

Ellem word is there in manimekalai.

Compare the word ellam-anaithum-all directions-sun has rays in all directions.

Ellem was a god of earlier tamils.

In the same meaning it is in elamiyan language of mesopatomia.

f.s.gandhi

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast