Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reviews on Hindhi Movies

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Reviews on Hindhi Movies

Just give ur revies for hindhi movies here.

I just saw Being Cyrus Startting Saif. AWESOME MOVIE!!!

Very good plot, surpricing ending, briliantly shot, etc etc

It ROCKS!!
    Back after a while...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reviews on Hindhi Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Surya

It ROCKS!!
    being cyrus is an english movie....

Senior Member Senior Hubber nickraman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to Oscar Ravichandran, Aparichit (Anniyan's hindi dub) is a super-hit. Vikram, Prakash Raj, Sada and Vivek became an instant success. Vikram recently went to Mumbai for the reaction and he said it was marvelous. People still think Aparichit/Anniyan is a larger-than-life hero. Unlike Nayak, Aparichit proved it's mettle successfully. People were applauded by Vivek's humor that critics wondered why Priyadarshan (comedy director) never sought to him (course he did in the south ala "Lesa Lesa".)
    "aaj ka mera hey, kalka thera hey, side-dish pagoda hey, ye hey life hey"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reviews on Hindhi Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Aandavan

It ROCKS!!
    being cyrus is an english movie....
    I meant Bollywood!

Anywayz,
    have u seen it? I thought it was excellent!
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber romio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Faana is just an average movie ok first half lots of songs +points kajol perfomance - mark movie is 3.10 hrs and a bad climax
    HE(Aamir Khan) & KAJOL are dying in the end .
    ||Chidananada Roopa Shivoham, Shivoham ||

Post Thanks / Like
    :P

In that case, I guess it's good that Fanaa and Krrish didn't clash, It would have been a very greusome death for Fanaa. :P :P
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    :P

In that case, I guess it's good that Fanaa and Krrish didn't clash, It would have been a very greusome death for Fanaa. :P :P
    Machi ekada chudandi

On the whole, FANAA is a beautifully written, effectively acted and meticulously crafted effort that is likely to remind many viewers of a simple axiom: A movie doesn't have to be groundbreaking to be compelling. At the box-office, the film has already embarked on a record-breaking start and thanks to [i] the massive print count, [ii] the 12-14-16 shows being performed at movieplexes every single day and [iii] the inflated ticket rates will yield rich dividends in days to come. The first weekend business will be historic, the first week billing will be unprecedented and in the wake of no major oppositions for the next two weeks, FANAA will attain the 'Hit' status in a matter of days. In short, FANAA is yet another landmark film in the remarkable and enviable repertoire of Yash Raj

fanaa is rocking

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most reviews are saying Kajol is the only thing to watch. Even Amir is said to be uninspiring.

Movie may succeed in Box office because of the hype, but dont think even average filmgoer will enjoy.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber romio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fanaa review

Starring: Aamir Khan, Kajol

Director: kunal Kohli

Alright, so it's finally here, the film we've been discussing for days now and the film we've been eager to see for some months. Hum Tum director Kunal Kohli's Fanaa starring Aamir Khan and Kajol is this week's big new Bollywood release.

At its heart, it's a love story between a blind girl from Kashmir and a tour guide she falls for on a trip to Delhi. They sing songs, they do some sight-seeing, they make love -- and then he vanishes, convincing her that he's dead.

Seven years later he runs into her again. By now she's regained her sight, she has a son from her relationship with him, but she doesn't recognise him. Oh and yes, there's one more hitch -- he's a terrorist and she doesn't know it.

Eventually he reveals to her that he's the man she loved and the father of her son, and that he's never stopped loving her. She hasn't either. The couple marries, but she still doesn't know what he does for a living. When she does stumble upon his real identity, she must ask herself if this is really the man she's always loved.

The problems in Fanaa start pouring out from the very start of the film, and most of its flaws arise from its careless script and its fractured screenplay. Now I've complained incessantly about how films like Pyare Mohan and Tom Dick And Harry are insensitive towards the handicapped, and in Fanaa, I find that the problem's a little different, but it's there nonetheless.

Kajol's mother Kiron Kher practically badgers her blind daughter into finding a soulmate when she leaves for the Capital. It seems almost obligatory for this blind girl to come back with a partner who will have her. So much so that nobody even blinks an eyelid when she's being wooed passionately by an incorrigibly flirtatious tour guide.

In fact, her friends encourage her to respond to his advances, and the parents are overjoyed when she tells them she's found a partner. I could be wrong but I find that this attitude is completely regressive...

The film's first-half in particular is campy as hell, with Aamir spouting cheesy shayiri and the kind of one-liners that make you cringe with embarrassment. And then, I suppose in these times of instant coffee and instant noodles, nobody finds it strange that this couple meet, they fall in love, and they even sleep together ALL in seven days!

Fine, but I'm not going to overlook the fact that the film is full of all these creative liberties or freakish coincidences -- call them what you may. Whether it's the fact that she miraculously gets her eyesight back after one random surgery, or that years later when he's battling for life and death whose doorstep does he land up on but hers.

Even the fact that she doesn't recognise him from his voice when she meets him years later. You know your typical Hindi films are full of such inaccuracies and liberties, but this is hardly the stuff you expect from an Aamir Khan picture which is always positioned as being more real and smarter than the rest!

My most basic problem with Fanaa really is that it's so darn boring. The film drags on and on without either purpose or plot. It's dull and it's slow and it really tests your patience because you know exactly what's going to happen, yet you have to wait for the film to unfold at it's own leisurely pace.

The screenplay is littered with songs that aren't particularly hummable and they only further slacken the film's pace. Now of the actors, Aamir Khan is efficient, but he's saddled with such a poorly-written character that you can't even blame him for failing to rise above the script.

After all, till the end of the film he seems this wishy-washy guy who can't decide if his heart is really set upon the mission that he's on, or if he's doing it because he's being made to. It is undeniably Kajol who steals the show -- not because of a sterling performance because there's no great histrionics expected here -- but because she has this presence on screen that's unparalleled by her contemporaries.

She looks a million bucks and she infuses life into that role. As for their chemistry together, alas, it just isn't there! In the end, as you leave the cinema after a screening of Fanaa, you feel almost like you're coming back from war.

It's been a loooong three hours in there, and what you remember at the end are the glaring inconsistencies... Shot remarkably by cinematographer Ravi K Chandran, the film is neatly packaged but it completely lacks soul. Then that's two out of five and a thumbs down for director Kunal Kohli's Fanaa, a film that fails to engage you. It's a disappointment, no question about it.

Rating: 2 / 5 (Average)

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/im-not-s...n/11521-3.html
    ||Chidananada Roopa Shivoham, Shivoham ||

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    romio ,I understand that you were dissappointed in the movie..but that does not give you the rights to spoil the movie for the people who are interested in watching it!!!!Why would you post a spoiler and reveal the climax for people like me who doesnt even read reviews because they give away too much !!!
    Really a horrid thing to do!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast